Would This make you Happy as a Fan

plenzmd1

Allright, we all have been saying the Bills suck, lets play the young guys and find out who can play. And I have been one of those people. But then you see these comments from Saban, and for some reason they just do not sit right with me. How would you feel if MM came out with similiar comments. BTW, lets not forget ole Wade got roasted for giving in on a seson before being mathematically eliminated.

In what could be seen as a warning to players and a message to fans, Dolphins coach Nick Saban made it clear Monday that while dealing with the present, his real focus is on building a winning team for the future.

"Where we are this season doesn't really matter," Saban said. "We want to see guys compete so we can know whether they need to be here, we want them to be here and if they are the kind of people we want. That is what we are trying to find out."

Saban's declaration came on the heels of the team's 22-0 loss in Cleveland on Sunday, by far its worst performance of the season, leaving the Dolphins at 3-7.

"The record doesn't really matter, the result doesn't matter and the score in the game doesn't really matter," Saban said. "Making decisions based on record, where we are, how much time is left in the game or what the score is, that is not how decisions are going to get made around here."

BTW, heard Marv Levy on th eradio this morning and his comment on this was' making decisions for the future at the cost of winning games now is missing a few key words, those being "making decisions for the futrue COACH, as you will not be around to see winning"

That, inadvertantly, was a statement that signifies that the honeymoon period is still alive and well in South Florida! He's a first year Head Coach in the NFL, and he's saying, look, we are building here!!! The wording was awful, but the premise was right!!

Well ..................... at 3 - 7 so far exactly what does the Dolphins have to play for???

Far be it for me to defend a dolphin ...... but in this particular case his attitude may be warrented.

The reason Wade was roasted for similar comments at the end of his tenure is that he said the team was out of the playoff picture when in fact it wasn't. If I remember correctly it was during a pregame interview when we were playing the Colts, who had either an equal or worse record than we had at that point ........ we tanked the game ...... the Colts won, and went on to win a spot in the playoffs.

That, inadvertantly, was a statement that signifies that the honeymoon period is still alive and well in South Florida! He's a first year Head Coach in the NFL, and he's saying, look, we are building here!!! The wording was awful, but the premise was right!!

510240[/snapback]

I saw it that way, too. I see it as Nick having a problem with communications. D Gross is right that the logic of sacrificing winning for the future is risky, but the bottom line here is that Saban coaches at Miami, so that alone makes Nick Saban a douchebag.

It is funny that any Bills fans would see Saban's comments as questinable. Just go back about 6 weeks, and read some of the posts from people here, crying about Holcomb replacing Losman in the starting lineup...."who cares about this year, we need to start JP now...Jp's development is suffering...wah, wah, wah!"

It is funny that any Bills fans would see Saban's comments as questinable.  Just go back about 6 weeks, and read some of the posts from people here, crying about Holcomb replacing Losman in the starting lineup...."who cares about this year, we need to start JP now...Jp's development is suffering...wah, wah, wah!"

510427[/snapback]

Good point. I think the real message Saban was trying to get across is that everybody on the Dolphins team should play his hardest regardless of the score. He's saying that if a guy quits because he thinks a game is out of reach, or the playoffs are out of reach, that guy won't be around next year. It's a message the Bills need to hear too.