RIP, J.F.K

stuckincincy

Rest in Pieces......that last head shot was nasty.

509955[/snapback]

Stop by the grassy knoll today and there will be 50 or more people hawking their theory about whodoneit.

Still, after all these many years I remember the funeral. The horse (Blackjack?) riderless with boots in the stirrups made an impression on my six year old brain.

Stop by the grassy knoll today and there will be 50 or more people hawking their theory about whodoneit.

Still, after all these many years I remember the funeral.  The horse (Blackjack?) riderless with boots in the stirrups made an impression on my six year old brain.

509959[/snapback]

I wasn't around then. I was -5

I wasn't around then. I was -5

509985[/snapback]

It was a sad day - folks were just stunned. Many openly wept. The next day, the streets in my neighborhood were virtually empty. And there was deep concern about war with the Soviet Union - the Cuban missile crisis was still fresh in people's minds.

I was in first grade. The teacher got a phone call and she stepped out into the hall. She came back in crying. Unlike today where they "protect" kids, she told us that the president was shot. The school had about 150 kids in it, so they took the one TV the school had and set it up in the cafe/gym/atoriumand had us all watch it until the buses came and took us home early.

I remember seeing the Oswald shooting live on TV a few days later. I think it was a Sunday morning.

My father didn't swear in front of us when I was that small, but he said "Holy sh--! when he saw it.

Thanks for Vietnam John.

Thanks for the start of a corruption of the whitehouse.

Thanks for being a public "womanizer".

Thanks for you crap that almost got us nuked.

No Thank you.

510001[/snapback]

He did look good on a 50 cent piece. Some people remember where they were that day, but they probably don't remember you buying the rounds at the bar to celebrate.

I was in 5th grade. I remember teachers crying as we all filed to the auditorium and the principal announced the sad news. Then we went home early. No grief counselors were needed; we just went home and talked aout it to parents and each other! I also saw Oswald shot "live". It was kind of surreal.

Say what you want about politics. When somebody assassinates your President, it makes everyone a bit somber and insecure.

I was in first grade. The teacher got a phone call and she stepped out into the hall. She came back in crying. Unlike today where they "protect" kids, she told us that the president was shot. The school had about 150 kids in it, so they took the one TV the school had and set it up in the cafe/gym/atoriumand had us all watch it until the buses came and took us home early.

I remember seeing the Oswald shooting live on TV a few days later. I think it was a Sunday morning.

My father didn't swear in front of us when I was that small, but he said "Holy sh--! when he saw it.

510130[/snapback]

Say what you want about politics. When somebody assassinates your President, it makes everyone a bit somber and insecure.

510180[/snapback]

It used to, at least. I have my doubts it would these days. I know more than a few people, at least, who would openly celebrate if Bush were assassinated.

Which I don't mean as a political statement. I'm just bemoaning how low our country has sunk.

It used to, at least.  I have my doubts it would these days.  I know more than a few people, at least, who would openly celebrate if Bush were assassinated.

Which I don't mean as a political statement.  I'm just bemoaning how low our country has sunk.

510339[/snapback]

I don't know if they'd openly celebrate, but I'm sure they wouldn't shed any tears.

It used to, at least.  I have my doubts it would these days.  I know more than a few people, at least, who would openly celebrate if Bush were assassinated.

Which I don't mean as a political statement.  I'm just bemoaning how low our country has sunk.

510339[/snapback]

Thats likely not going to happen considering that the same Military-Industrial complex that took out JFK has this administration in its back-pocket.

Thats likely not going to happen considering that the same Military-Industrial complex that took out JFK has this administration in its back-pocket.

510362[/snapback]

I thought the mob killed Kennedy, with Castro's help. :)

Ah, hell...can't we just blame this on the shape-shifting lizard-men, for simplicity's sake?

I thought the mob killed Kennedy, with Castro's help.   :)

Ah, hell...can't we just blame this on the shape-shifting lizard-men, for simplicity's sake?

510482[/snapback]

You are right of course, it is wrong to bicker about who killed who, but if we agree to pin it on Jim Morrison, that would really mess with Oliver Stone's head.

The Lizard King did it.