Who's the best QB we've played in '05?

AKC

Here are the players who were quarterbacking in wins against the Bills this season. Who was the best among them?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Here are the players who were quarterbacking in wins against the Bills this season. Who was the best among them?

• Brees- 149.1 rating-28/33 for 339 yards, 4 TDs 0 INTs
    • Collins- 113.4 rating-19/27 for 261 yards, 1 TD 0 INTs
    • Brady- 113.0 rating- 14/21 for 199 yards, 1 TD 0 INTs
    • Griese- 88.4 rating- 16/22 for 136 yards, 0 TDs 0 INTs
    • Vick- 83.4 rating- 15/27 for 167 yards, 2 TDs 1 INT
    • Brooks- 77.7 rating- 15/26 for 136 yards, 0 TDs 0 INTs

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm shocked at the votes for Brady, who had as unspectacular of a game against Buffalo as a QB could have had and still retained his starting job.

Take away Branch's 37 yard "catch" and Mr. Mediocre has a 16/21 162 yard day (including 3 sacks and a fumble), hardly numbers befitting his inevitable first-ballot HOF status, eh Hollywood?

In fact, once again Mr. Mediocre needed a Holcomb fumble on the 23 yard line, a Holcomb brain-fart on 4-8, a crucial phantom offensive pass interference penalty, and two Corey Dillon TDs to come out on the winning end of this contest.  The only shocker in that performance was his not needing his good buddy (and a major key to his accidental success) Adam Vinetieri to bail him out.

Has a QB, or any player of any sport at any level, benefitted more from those around him than Mr. Mediocre?

509589[/snapback]

Isn't it funny that without a dominating D the Pat's are hovering around the .500 mark? Isn't this the same team who just last year could "plug anyone into any spot", possesses the "best QB in the history of the game" and the "greatest coach ever", yet wouldn't even be in the hunt for a playoff spot in the other AFC divisions?

What they've become is the "excuses" team and Brady the "excuses" QB. It's hard to imagine anyone who watched Drew Brees play yesterday doesn't believe Brees would have done the same thing with the NE D's of the recent past.

In fact, once again Mr. Mediocre needed a Holcomb fumble on the 23 yard line,

No mention of the missed block that caused the fumble? Maybe that play was all the QB's fault. Maybe that play was another sign TD should use yet more draft picks on QBs while ignoring the offensive line.

a Holcomb brain-fart on 4-8,

Yeah, the play call was great, and Holcomb was the only problem. Going into the New England game, Roscoe Parrish had as many NFL starts as Roscoe P. Coltrain, so why not make this 5'10" receiver the primary option? Why not use the one guy who could catch a pass in double coverage--Eric Moulds--as a decoy?

No mention of the missed block that caused the fumble? Maybe that play was all the QB's fault. Maybe that play was another sign TD should use yet more draft picks on QBs while ignoring the offensive line.

Yeah, the play call was great, and Holcomb was the only problem. Going into the New England game, Roscoe Parrish had as many NFL starts as Roscoe P. Coltrain, so why not make this 5'10" receiver the primary option? Why not use the one guy who could catch a pass in double coverage--Eric Moulds--as a decoy?

509599[/snapback]

i'm sure he followed the plan by throwing 7 yards short of a first down :)

You are true scum- you like to ignore that this is a Bill's Message Board. Were I as pathetic as you and couldn't find my opinions valuable in my own community I might try posting on a Patriot's board, but even then to be a full-on scumbag like you I'd have to take a name like "Paoli's Indigestion" and then incessantly rip on the management of your team while whining like a pansy that "they're not being nice to me". Without a doubt you are the single most disingenuous poster in the history of this community.

You remind me of someone who wandered into someone else's Thanksgiving dinner after stepping in dog**** and wondering why all but the most incoherent people at the table are wondering who invited you!

509486[/snapback]

You need to chill.

that's as ridiculous as your arguments against Losman playing......

509592[/snapback]

If Holcomb didn't sleep with your sister, stop acting like he did. He's humble, he's smart, he works hard. I haven't heard anything about him fathering children out of wedlock, or having sex with minors, or murdering ex-wives. If you think Losman has a bright future ahead of him and just needs some experience to realize that future, fine. But don't take it out on Holcomb. As a football player and a human being, Holcomb deserves better.

You need to chill.

509612[/snapback]

I won't ask you to recognize when someone's blowing smoke up your ass as this douchebag obviously is.

In return I'll simply ask you not to interfere with me defending members of our Bill's family against dishonest sack of garbage trolls.

If Holcomb didn't sleep with your sister, stop acting like he did. He's humble, he's smart, he works hard. I haven't heard anything about him fathering children out of wedlock, or having sex with minors, or murdering ex-wives. If you think Losman has a bright future ahead of him and just needs some experience to realize that future, fine. But don't take it out on Holcomb. As a football player and a human being, Holcomb deserves better.

509613[/snapback]

if holcombs arm isn't attached to the hand that's stroking you, then quit acting like it is..........he chose a profession that he knew would bring criticism for mediocrity or failure..........i'm sure he doesn't need or want your defense..........he did better than most just making it to the nfl......he got in a few games threw some nice touchdown passes, but even he knows he is no JP Losman

I won't ask you to recognize when someone's blowing smoke up your ass as this douchebag obviously is.

In return I'll simply ask you not to interfere with me defending members of our Bill's family against dishonest sack of garbage trolls.

509619[/snapback]

I have yet to see a rule that says a poster must be a fan of the Bills to post on this board. I’m sure if that was SDS’s intention he would have made such a rule by now. Personally I think he (and anyone else who comes here) is deserving of civility until they demonstrate that they aren't civil to others. HD doesn't insult posters here and generally discusses things in a civil manner. What exactly is the problem other than you don’t like his team?

Every time the guy says anything you rip into him as if he just insulted your mother. I don't know why you reduce yourself to these types of posts as your football related posts (with the exception of anything to do with the Patriots) are very good.

Personally I think he (and anyone else who comes here) is deserving of civility until they demonstrate that they aren't civil to others. 

509636[/snapback]

If I come to dinner at your house, as your guest, and wear an apron that says "Your Wife's Cooking Sucks", I won't expect to be treated very well nor will I expect to be invited back. In fact if she doesn't spit in my food you need to have a talk with her.

If someone comes into a Bill's home and choose the derogatory name "Hollywood Donahoe" I'll choose to treat him the way he has asked to be treated- like an ass. The reason "trolls" exist is to try to find wedge issues and promote that among the other fan base. This guy is the classic troll- looking to put a split between a couple of Bills fans like you and I who like to talk about football, and doing it by IMO fooling you into accepting his repetitive, disingenuous and transparent insult to our GM.

And his insistence on continued use of the offensive title is once again IMO clear evidence of his jackass purpose for being here. If you go to anyone else's house and make some verbal error that you later realize can clearly be taken offensively, any mannered guest immediately drops the use of the offensive language, even if it only offends 25 of the 30 people at the table.

What's so bad about Hollywood?  A lot of nice people come from there.

509661[/snapback]

Who're you trying to convince? You've found 2 Bills fans out of a membership list numbering over 5000 who don't recognize that "Hollywood Donahoe" is an insult to our GM and that your sig line is an insult to a former Bill.

The great balance of those here recognize that you're an ingracious pile of garbage in our house. Enjoy your spot on the social scale, it's quite befitting of the Patsy fan base ;-)

If someone comes into a Bill's home and choose the derogatory name "Hollywood Donahoe" I'll choose to treat him the way he has asked to be treated- like an ass. The reason "trolls" exist is to try to find wedge issues and promote that among the other fan base. This guy is the classic troll- looking to put a split between a couple of Bills fans like you and I who like to talk about football, and doing it by IMO fooling you into accepting his repetitive, disingenuous and transparent insult to our GM.

509651[/snapback]

His insults of Donahoe are tame compared to what others say about the man. The fact that his favorite team isn't the Bills doesn't mean much to me. Honestly, I don't consider him a "guest" here anymore than anyone else is. He's a regular poster here that contributes to the football talk. If SDS (whose house it is) had a problem with him he'd handle it by making him change his user name.

Also, the guy isn't "fooling" me. I understand his position perfectly and I also understand the manner in which he makes his opinion known. I just don't have a problem with it. I don't think its akin to coming into my home and ripping on my wife's cooking (it’s actually more passive aggressive than that). I simply look at it as an opposing fan giving me a different point of view...or in the case of TD, the same point of view that the majority of the Bills fans here express on a daily basis.

This isn't a war where all Bills fans have to buckle down and not let the enemy drive a wedge between us because the war effort depends on it. This is a football discussion board, that's it. Anyhow, Bills fans are perfectly capable of creating their own wedges and don't need any help. :)

Btw, if you really consider him a troll you'd best be served by ignoring him. The fact that you get all riled up just plays right into the hands of a troll...

Btw, if you really consider him a troll you'd best be served by ignoring him.  The fact that you get all riled up just plays right into the hands of a troll...

509688[/snapback]

We've had to many good contributors from other teams in here talking football without insulting the team to simply ignore some jackass with a derogatory name while he runs around making the disingenuous claim that it's an "inside joke".

Rules are made for those with no respect for others, manners are made for those that do. I'm inappreciative of his lack of the latter.

Who're you trying to convince? You've found 2 Bills fans out of a membership list numbering over 5000 who don't recognize that "Hollywood Donahoe" is an insult to our GM and that your sig line is an insult to a former Bill.

The great balance of those here recognize that you're an ingracious pile of garbage in our house. Enjoy your spot on the social scale, it's quite befitting of the Patsy fan base ;-)

509687[/snapback]

how do you guys just quote part of a post? and tell me about the sig line please i really don't recognize who it would be insulting, but i certainly do not doubt that it does

and tell me about the sig line please i really don't recognize who it would be insulting, but i certainly do not doubt that it does

My sig line insults no one. It is simply a comparison between the Patriots' record in their last 26 games before Brady become the starter, and their record in the 81 games since Brady became the starter.

The only people it possibly insults are Cowboys' QB Drew Bledsoe, or anyone foolish enough to assert that Brady has not played a huge role in turning the Patriots around.

My sig line insults no one.  It is simply a comparison between the Patriots' record in their last 26 games before Brady become the starter, and their record in the 81 games since Brady became the starter.

The only people it possibly insults are Cowboys' QB Drew Bledsoe, or anyone foolish enough to assert that Brady has not played a huge role in turning the Patriots around.

509848[/snapback]

ok so how did you only quote part of the sentence......or are you not going to tell me cause i'm a bills fan?