Interesting quote

From Ray Preston (Duke Preston's father):

"I was hoping he would get a chance to play in this blowout,'' Ray Preston said. "But those first-string guys don't want to come out.''

If I'm the coach, what do I care about whether the players WANT to come out or not?

Silly me - I thought that the coaching staff runs the football team, not the players. And if the players are deciding who should play, that doesn't say a lot about the coaching staff.

"I was hoping he would get a chance to play in this blowout,'' Ray Preston said. "But those first-string guys don't want to come out.''

If I'm the coach, what do I care about whether the players WANT to come out or not?

Silly me - I thought that the coaching staff runs the football team, not the players. And if the players are deciding who should play, that doesn't say a lot about the coaching staff.

508682[/snapback]

I want to know why McGahee isn't in our 3rd down package.

508682[/snapback]

If Moulds can decide Holcmb is the starter, why can't the O-line decides who starts on the O-line?

Why isn't this guy playing ?

It's not like anyone who is starting is blocking anybody. Preston should be starting next week and playing the rest of the year. He is the future lets see if he can play. can he really be any worse than whats in there.

I would also put Mikey back in starting at left guard. Yes Mikey,and I've ripped this guy more than anyone. Put him at guard the rest of the season and find out if he can play there next year. B. Anderson won't be here and he stinks too so whats the difference.