The Dignified Thing to Do

Pass the Pipe

After leaving that stadium yesterday, all I could think is if Mr. Donahoe had any dignity left he would resign instead of wait for Mr. Wilson to come around. Yesterday was the best indictment of Donahoe’s progress as a GM of the Buffalo Bills. Both the Charger’s and Bill’s front offices were overhauled at the exact same time and the progress report was 48-10, if it were a little league baseball game we could have all gone home at halftime!

There are a lot of interesting ideas about player personnel and coaching decisions on this website regarding this upcoming off-season, but the fact remains we are all assuming that Donahoe will finally figure out the recipe for winning and how to judge talent between January and next September, which is too large of an assumption given his 5 year track record with this organization and the fact Pittsburgh is even better today then when TD navigated that ship.

People can cry all they want about coaching, but the simple truth is this team doesn’t have the horses to compete. We cannot blame the late Mr. Butler, Gregg Williams, or Mike Mulurkey for Bennie Anderson, Trey Teague, Mike Williams, all the tight-ends on the roster, Josh Reed, Chris Kelsey, Tim Anderson, Sape, Jeff Posey, Lawyer Milloy, Coy Wire, etc. Just this past week, a long time Bronco fan friend of mine shook my hand for no apparent reason and then informed me he was thanking me for taking Trey Teague off of his hands a couple of years ago. I bet we can find some Bear fans that think the same of our “heist” of their organization. One can give Bob Baffert the best donkey in the world and even he couldn’t get that animal to place in the Kentucky Derby and that is the exact problem with the Buffalo Bills.

So continue to post the entertaining ideas of drafting D’Brickashaw Ferguson or signing LeBentley Charles as a FA, but the fact remains until we remove the drunk driver from behind this wheel all we can look forward to is hitting the next “Mike Williams” iceberg on the horizon.

sad that it has come to this. unfortunately, i believe you may be right on the money.

i'm slowly becoming something i never thought i'd become -- a "casual" bills' fan. the one thing that always kept me interested was that four-letter word -- hope. with the current leadership at one bills drive, hope is certainly not the first four-letter word that comes to mind.

thank god for fantasy football -- keeps me interested in other games and i can ignore things like the embarrassment in SD yesterday.