It's time to Bobby Shaw #82...

JCBoston

We still probably would have gotten smoked but at least with a JR touchdown in the first quarted we would have shown some life.  Cut him and let Roscoe play the slot from now on.

508458[/snapback]

Wait till the game after Carolina. The good ones are the ones that bounce back from a game like this.

Play Roscoe, Jonathan Smith, and Aiken with Evans and Moulds.

Why is Reed even still on this team. He's slow and can't make plays, and thats when he does catch the ball.

What kills me is they actually call plays for him. { ie: screen attempt today :w00t: } Where do they think he's gonna go with it ?

Play Roscoe, Jonathan Smith, and Aiken with Evans and Moulds.

Why is Reed even still on this team. He's slow and can't make plays, and thats when he does catch the ball.

What kills me is they actually call plays for him. { ie: screen attempt today :w00t: } Where do they think he's gonna go with it ?

508541[/snapback]

What kills me even more is they have Moulds and Evans on the bench for no apparent reason while they are calling plays for Aiken and Reed. Too smart for their own good.

The difference between Shaw & Reed is that Shaw ran wrong assignments & I got the impression wasn't as prepared as he should be & perhaps wasn't as diligent in blocking as was desired.

AFAIK, Reed prepares well, gives an all out effort and unfortunately sometimes gets open. Problem is, when he gets open, QBs are inclined to throw him the ball thereby often leading to an incomplete when a better option would have been to throw to someone more inclined & capable of catching it.

The situations are totally different. Canning Reed would likely be a poor motivational move. However, sitting him on the bench, or only using him as a decoy...

The difference between Shaw & Reed is that Shaw ran wrong assignments & I got the impression wasn't as prepared as he should be & perhaps wasn't as diligent in blocking as was desired.

AFAIK, Reed prepares well, gives an all out effort and unfortunately sometimes gets open.  Problem is, when he gets open, QBs are inclined to throw him the ball thereby often leading to an incomplete when a better option would have been to throw to someone more inclined & capable of catching it.

The situations are totally different.  Canning Reed would likely be a poor motivational move. However, sitting him on the bench, or only using him as a decoy...

508550[/snapback]

let's not forget that Reed and Evans stayed with Losman in the offseason and got to know one another. Moulds was off somewhere else...

We still probably would have gotten smoked but at least with a JR touchdown in the first quarted we would have shown some life.  Cut him and let Roscoe play the slot from now on.

508458[/snapback]

I believe Mike Williams is playing that role this year. Although Reed was playing well as of late (until today), I would be ok with your proposal. I don't see many of these guys as "safe" , actually.

508458[/snapback]

Oh yeah--that'll solve problems...blame a guy for dropping a couple of passes.That would be like treating someone for toenail fungus when they need a heart transplant.