Look at the bright side -

finknottle

At first, I was really pissed about the scheduling this year. Our school is only about 40 min from Cincy and I thought I would be going to the game again this year with a bunch of Bengals fans, to watch us wax them like last year. Well, the game is on X-mas eve and I'll be home for break. At this point, thank God that is the case. They are going to absolutely destroy us and I'm sure as hell glad I won't be there to take all the sh*t from my Bengals-fan friends.

JP got another start under his belt.

508368[/snapback]

And all things considered he looked better than the start of the season...at least I thought so. Still some stupid mistakes, but I'd say better.

No gadget plays either.

LT didn't get the record. :w00t:

At what point do we say it's the blocking and not the return man?

508473[/snapback]

We could say it was because of the Chargers special teams.

I will say Parrish is a reason for optimism. Even Charger fans were impressed,

At what point do we say it's the blocking and not the return man?

508473[/snapback]

At what point do we say it's the coaching?

A good return includes not only good blocking, but a return man who picks his north-south lane and runs it. The undisciplined runner will do lots of east-west running thinking he can make something happen somewhere, rather than trusting that the holes will open up when he gets there. It's the blocking and the returner working as a unit, and in the particular case of the "open field" play that is a kick-return, you have to give coaching credit.

However you add it up, wherever you place credit, it's a plus to take away from today.

At what point do we say it's the coaching?

A good return includes not only good blocking, but a return man who picks his north-south lane and runs it.  The undisciplined runner will do lots of east-west running thinking he can make something happen somewhere, rather than trusting that the holes will open up when he gets there.  It's the blocking and the returner working as a unit, and in the particular case of the "open field" play that is a kick-return, you have to give coaching credit.

However you add it up, wherever you place credit, it's a plus to take away from today.

508487[/snapback]

I'll absolutely agree it's the coaching. Right now, April may be the only one I want to keep around.