So how did JP look?

ajzepp

As embarrassing and humiliating as this "loss" was today, it seems like a lot of people are saying that JP showed a lot of improvement today. Can you guys elaborate on it for those of us who (thankfully) didn't see this debaucle?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As embarrassing and humiliating as this "loss" was today, it seems like a lot of people are saying that JP showed a lot of improvement today. Can you guys elaborate on it for those of us who (thankfully) didn't see this debaucle?

508212[/snapback]

I like what I see in JP. I know the easy reaction is to blame him for today's debacle, but I think he will be a great QB one of these days. What's killing JP is a combination of bad O-line play and questionable play calling.

PTR

It was a difficult game to judge him given that the game was out of hand so quickly and our line is horrible.

This season should be proof for all once and for all that we have to rebuild our line. QB was not the problem in previous years. Our line is going to get someone killed.

508212[/snapback]

Coming from me this may surprise you, but I was impressed. Did you see the game? Reed once again played with cooking oil on his stone hands. Teague was pushed around like a rag doll. On one play, he was tossed into JP so hard that it brought back black memories of Ostroski at OC.

Despite the above, he made some good throws. He had balls, and he didn't quit.

I had no problem with JP today.

I like what I see in JP.  I know the easy reaction is to blame him for today's debacle, but I think he will be a great QB one of these days.  What's killing JP is a combination of bad O-line play and questionable play calling.

PTR

508225[/snapback]

Phil Simms had a quote during the Bengals/Colts game that made me envious of the way Lewis has Cincy playing....He said something like, "they just come out, line up, and use their skill to beat you. They don't mess around with all sorts of trick plays and fancy formations. They rely on their talent and they just go out and play."

Something like that.....but I couldn't agree more. We need to be able to play that kind of football.....if we want to convert a 4th and 1, by God we ought to be able to do it w/out having to give the ball to Daimon Shelton or try some circus ball crap.

Coming from me this may surprise you, but I was impressed. Did you see the game? Reed once again played with cooking oil on his stone hands. Teague was pushed around like a rag doll. On one play, he was tossed into JP so hard that it brought back black memories of Ostroski at OC.

Despite the above, he made some good throws. He had balls, and he didn't quit.

I had no problem with JP today.

508243[/snapback]

Well, it doesn't surprise me in the sense that I know you always give an honest take.....You tell it like it is, so if JP played reasonably well given the circumstances, I'd certainly expect for you to recognize it....so I put a lot of stock in what you say :D I wish I could have seen the game if for no other reason than to see JP, but we had the Colts/Bengals on down here in the ATL.

Ostroski......lol

He was 20/36 for 168 and split a TD and INT. Most of the stats were stacked in garbage time (SD stopped blitzing and gave JP a chance to set his feet)...but to his credit, when the line gave him time, as everyone has said, he played well.

This loss is not on Losman (completely), and he DID take a step forward today. This was not the same Losman we saw in the Saints game...

He was 20/36 for 168 and split a TD and INT. Most of the stats were stacked in garbage time (SD stopped blitzing and gave JP a chance to set his feet)...but to his credit, when the line gave him time, as everyone has said, he played well.

This loss is not on Losman (completely), and he DID take a step forward today. This was not the same Losman we saw in the Saints game...

508256[/snapback]

Good enough for me.....as long as he keeps getting better, that's what we need from him.