Willis actually had a better average than LT

Peter

I just noticed that in the stats.  He only had 10 carries.

We are not going to win too many games if Willis is only getting 10 carries and our D cannot stop the other team.

508189[/snapback]

He got most of those yards in the second half when the D was pinning its ears back rushing the QB. Our staple running play today was the draw. I wouldn't get too excited about it.

He got most of those yards in the second half when the D was pinning its ears back rushing the QB.  Our staple running play today was the draw.  I wouldn't get too excited about it.

508226[/snapback]

I was not excited about anything about the game except when it was was mercifully over.

I just noticed that in the stats.  He only had 10 carries.

We are not going to win too many games if Willis is only getting 10 carries and our D cannot stop the other team.

508189[/snapback]

Yeah, but Willis didn't consistently have 7, 8, or 9 guys on the line opposite him!

Stats are very dangerous in the wrong hands.

To even remotely imply that we lost the game because Willis didn't carry enough is just wrong.  To anyone that watched the game, that is clearly an irrelevant stat.

508366[/snapback]

The point was that the game got way out of hand way to early. Because we were playing from behind, we went into a passing mode and did not run the ball. Once we are forced to throw the ball all the time and are taken out of our game plan (which includes a heavy dose of running the ball), it is much less likely we are going to win..

To put it another way, what is our record when one of our running backs go over 100 yards