Any upsets today?

SDS

I'll go out on a limb and predict the biggest upset of the week: Detroit (8 point underdog) beats Dallas.

Dallas looked week versus Phili last week, but with the win I think they might not change course and come out flat versus Detrot.

Oh yeah, I also need to make up some ground in the football pool (but which came first, the underdog picks, or the poor record...?)

I'll go out on a limb and predict the biggest upset of the week: Detroit (8 point underdog) beats Dallas.

Dallas looked week versus Phili last week, but with the win I think they might not change course and come out flat versus Detrot.

Oh yeah, I also need to make up some ground in the football pool (but which came first, the underdog picks, or the poor record...?)

507550[/snapback]

Sadly, a couple of my underdog picks got me out of the top 10, and now I'm using them trying to get back.

Is that circular logic?

We need to borrow NCBills's Ouija board.

20-25% of underdogs win every week. It is the nature of the beast...

So, picking dogs isn't necessarily bad - you just have to choose the right ones. 2-3 picks every week can be expected to go the other way...

I think the popular upset for today is Cincy over the Colts, but if I had to pick two for shitzngiggles, I'd say Niners at home over Seattle and one of my favorite bets of the day, Houston over KC.

507571[/snapback]

That Houston game is drawing me like a moth to the fame...

I know I'm a little late to the party, but I liked the Ravens getting 4 against a Tommy Maddox team playing on the road. They're up 10-6 right now.

I can easily see Houston winning outright, but they could just as easily get blown out - I don't really see KC winning a close game.

I can see the Colts winning on a late FG however - so I kinda like Cincy getting 5.

Whoever picked Detroit - has Joey Harrington ever won a game on the road - EVER?