Reggie Bush

Webster Guy

Uh, no.  I was chatting with my roommate, and we both agreed, that they were one of the worst sets of announcers we've ever heard.

507403[/snapback]

just out of curiosity, was it barry tompkins doing play-by-play? he used to do top-rank boxing with Al Bernstein, and they were great at making boring fights interesting. i used to watch that show religiously and i am not what you would call a huge boxing fan.

now all i see Al doing is informercials for sleazy gambling websites, and barry tompkins does pac-10 football. barry's "ok" in my book, but i miss watching the two of them call the fights!

I'm not questioning Bush's talent.  I just want to see how he does when he doesn't have an Oline that knocks down the defense before they can put a hand on him.  I didn't watch the whole game (only a bit), but on USC's first touchdown drive, bush took it about 70 yards on one carry, then White the last five yards on the next carry.  No defender touched them.  The wholes were wide enough for Sam Adams to waltz through.

507480[/snapback]

His o-line is phenomenal which is why USC will roll Tejas, but the kid sets up blocks insanely well too. And even when plays do break down he finds yards.

Here is my opinion on Reggie Bush:

3 - Many of his long plays are because the defensive player didnt break down and wrap-up

507499[/snapback]

Yeah many of Barry Sanders' long plays were due to defenders not breaking down and wrapping up too 0:) .

Get real this kid does everything well...he's a blocking machine in the pass game, he could dominate as a slot WR, and he's the best runner i have personally ever watched at the college level. Who was the last player to be a scoring threat everytime the ball was in his hands whether it was a run, catch or kick return? This kid is the real deal and "Cadillac's" stout 3.9 ypc is something Bush should top just because Cadillac isn't in his league with regards to talent, the thing that may hurt Reggie a bit (though his improv skills will still allow success regardless) is that he may have to run behind a sieve o-line for his first few years.

His o-line is phenomenal which is why USC will roll Tejas, but the kid sets up blocks insanely well too. And even when plays do break down he finds yards.

Yeah many of Barry Sanders' long plays were due to defenders not breaking down and wrapping up too  0:) .

Get real this kid does everything well...he's a blocking machine in the pass game, he could dominate as a slot WR, and he's the best runner i have personally ever watched at the college level.  Who was the last player to be a scoring threat everytime the ball was in his hands whether it was a run, catch or kick return? This kid is the real deal and "Cadillac's" stout 3.9 ypc is something Bush should top  just because Cadillac isn't in his league with regards to talent, the thing that may hurt Reggie a bit (though his improv skills will still allow success regardless) is that he may have to run behind a sieve o-line for his first few years.

507544[/snapback]

Dont get me wrong bro. I think he is probably the best collegiate player in the nation --- I just dont like to hump him like most of the nation does.

BTW: Should I bring up how well Ryan Leaf did in college also?

Dont get me wrong bro. I think he is probably the best collegiate player in the nation --- I just dont like to hump him like most of the nation does.

BTW: Should I bring up how well Ryan Leaf did in college also?

507681[/snapback]

Well, regardless of who you like to hump, Reggie Bush makes a much better impression than Ryan Leaf did in my opinion. Leaf was very good at WSU, but Reggie Bush is simply dominating. Does he benefit from a strong supporting cast? Sure he does.

Carnell is good when he's not hurt, but I think that the Bucs would trade Carnell right now to get Reggie Bush next year. I know you were just comparing rookie years and not the players, but if you did compare the players, I am guessing you would say no contest in favor of Bush.

Then again, if Houston has to choose between D'Brickashaw Ferguson or Bush, I still feel they should take Ferguson. 

507452[/snapback]

Did you see the highlights of him whiffing all game yesterday ? He was absolutely terrible.

Is he the real deal or pure hype ?

I guess I'll be the wet blanket. While Bush is a spectacular athlete in the open field he is absolutely horrible running between the tackles. Horrible. There's a reason White comes in on short yardage and goal line plays. Bush isn't going to be able to hit the corner in the NFL like he does in college so he had better learn how to get the tough yards. I have no doubt with the proper coaching he can learn to be more patient while running inside but I don't think he's going to burst onto the NFL scene and light it up.

Also, somebody needs to teach the kid how to handle the ball, he never switches hands even when he's on the sideline which will cost him big time in the NFL where guys are constantly trying to take swipes at the ball.

The sky is the limit for Bush but only if he puts the work in. Right now he’s just skating by on talent alone.

Did you see the highlights of him whiffing all game yesterday ? He was absolutely terrible.

Is he the real deal or pure hype ?

508302[/snapback]

I didn't watch that game, but I have seen him @ his not so great moments (even though they beat Syracuse, the 'Cuse got the better of him). Even so, the Texans would be stupid to pass on a guy w/ his talent. I really believe he's more than pure hype; he's the real deal.

just out of curiosity, was it barry tompkins doing play-by-play?  he used to do top-rank boxing with Al Bernstein,  and they were great at making boring fights interesting.  i used to watch that show religiously and i am not what you would call a huge boxing fan. 

now all i see Al doing is informercials for sleazy gambling websites, and barry tompkins does pac-10 football.  barry's "ok" in my book, but i miss watching the two of them call the fights!

507518[/snapback]

Nope, it was Petros Papadakis...he was a RB at USC. He started at Fox Sports Southern California, and until this year was a massive blowhard and homer. He's gotten better this year, I've heard him do the color for a few UCLA games, and he's definately improved. He's obviously had a 'talking to' by management.

Not sure who the play-by-play guy was...it most likely was tompkins.