I think New Orleans has a decent shot

Mikie2times

I thought for awhile that the Patriots would turn it around but it's now apparent they're no longer the same team. They should have lost to us, and just last week needed a last second victory to beat Miami. The Patriots used to just overcome injuries, and everything else, but not anymore. They play run defense almost as bad as us, and are starting street FA in the secondary. Also can anybody tell me who their starting RB is? This team is extremely vulnerable, and is ripe for an upset by a team that comes to play.

Enter the much maligned New Orleans Saints off the bye. This is a team that we all know can play well, but just lacks consistency. The schedule they've had to deal with due to Katrina was really hurting them prior to the bye, and it was clear they needed the extra week off. Joe Horn is healthy, Daunte Stallworth will play, and Antowain Smith will be taking on his former team (we all know a motivated Antowain is a solid player). The Patriots get Seymour back but will that be a cure all for the run defense? Either way I bet the Saints give them a game, and might just pull the upset of the weekend.

Check out the Patriots depth chart...........

Both Tackles Out

Center Out

3 out of 4 RB's out, including Dillon

Troy Brown, Bethal Johnson, David Givens, Tim Dwight, all banged up, some out

Graham Banged up, Watson Banged up

3 CB's out, SS out

The Patriots offense has carried them all year, now they sustained even more injuries last week losing Koppen, a very good C. The Patriots are without three starters on the offensive line, several at WR, and is starting a FB at RB this week. If the Saints don't implode they will be in this game for 60 minutes.

Each week the Saints' fate pretty much rests in the hands of Aaron Brooks. When he has one of his "lucid moments" and manages to have a mistake free (no INTs) game, they win. When he doesn't (much more often than not), they lose....It's pretty much that simple.

Each week the Saints' fate pretty much rests in the hands of Aaron Brooks.  When he has one of his "lucid moments" and manages to have a mistake free (no INTs) game, they win.  When he doesn't (much more often than not), they lose....It's pretty much that simple.

507104[/snapback]

Bingo. Will the real Aaron Brooks please step forward. That said, if he steps forward, they'll beat the schit out of NE. I like the upset. Not counting on it, but wouldn't be surprised.

Bingo. Will the real Aaron Brooks please step forward. That said, if he steps forward, they'll beat the schit out of NE. I like the upset. Not counting on it, but wouldn't be surprised.

507125[/snapback]

It's pretty much the same story with Denver and Plummer, it just so happens that Plummer's having a career year this year...

At best they're looking at 1 home game and no bye week.  I'd say the farthest they go is the divisional round.  Too old, tired, and beat up.

507099[/snapback]

The Pats have taken all the sh-- that has been thrown to them and turned it into roses. Every injury has forced the discovery of a breakout player, every long 3rd down has shown a seam somewhere either deion branch or david givens pops out with a long gain, a battered offensive line and brady still manages to find the time to throw, the only three things that are consistent in New England are Belichik, Brady and Vinatieri. I think you remove one of those from the equation and then you will see the collapse, but its embarrasing to have to hope for injuries to beat a team. Sort of like saying, ya stab the guy in the heart and you'll see he wont be able to fight back.

The Pats have taken all the sh-- that has been thrown to them and turned it into roses.  Every injury has forced the discovery of a breakout player, every long 3rd down has shown a seam somewhere either deion branch or david givens pops out with a long gain, a battered offensive line and brady still manages to find the time to throw, the only three things that are consistent in New England are Belichik, Brady and Vinatieri.  I think you remove one of those from the equation and then you will see the collapse, but its embarrasing to have to hope for injuries to beat a team.  Sort of like saying, ya stab the guy in the heart and you'll see he wont be able to fight back.

507143[/snapback]

That's the thing. The Pats MO this year hasn't been about domination. They bring other team down to their level (meaning the level of backups), hang with them into the 4th quarter, then bring it on their final or final two drives. No, these are not the Pats of the last few years, but they can still play ball (and get a little help from the B&Ws) to win no matter how dirty they get. They're clinging to the remnants, which are starting to fray. Can't say that it's all that good of a strategy by BB, but it has gotten them in first in the AFC-E.

That's the thing. The Pats MO this year hasn't been about domination. They bring other team down to their level (meaning the level of backups), hang with them into the 4th quarter, then bring it on their final or final two drives. No, these are not the Pats of the last few years, but they can still play ball (and get a little help from the B&Ws) to win no matter how dirty they get. They're clinging to the remnants, which are starting to fray. Can't say that it's all that good of a strategy by BB, but it has gotten them in first in the AFC-E.

507147[/snapback]

Yes, I know it is not about domination, but when has it been about domination? The Pats in the last 3-4 years have won every game by close margin. Ok except for a few games here and there, they've always looked beatable yet come up with the win at the end. It contrasts with the fact that teams like pittsburgh and indy have had everything go right for them and they probably won't win a superbowl for a long time.

Yes, I know it is not about domination, but when has it been about domination?  The Pats in the last 3-4 years have won every game by close margin.  Ok except for a few games here and there, they've always looked beatable yet come up with the win at the end.  It contrasts with the fact that teams like pittsburgh and indy have had everything go right for  them and they probably won't win a superbowl for a long time.

507155[/snapback]

The bottom line for the Pats in the last few years is that if you want to beat them you'd better be up by more than a score with 5 minutes remaining in the game, or they will beat you. I think the Pats have been beaten by less than a TD two or three times in the past four years...The fortunate thing for the Bills this week is that they are playing the Anti-Patriots. If you can manage to stay within a score of the Chargers at 5 minutes left in the game, you should win. :lol:

The bottom line for the Pats in the last few years is that if you want to beat them you'd better be up by more than a score with 5 minutes remaining in the game, or they will beat you.  I think the Pats have been beaten by less than a TD two or three times in the past four years...The fortunate thing for the Bills this week is that they are playing the Anti-Patriots.  If you can manage to stay within a score of the Chargers at 5 minutes left in the game, you should win. :(

507156[/snapback]

Will be tough though, those on this board who think that our defence can contain the Chargers are smoking some crazy sh--. The Chargers as inconsistent on defence as they have been have been dominant when it comes to the important aspects, running the ball and the short passes. I don't think we match up with them and will probably lose. :lol: