Whats for lunch today?

erynthered

Singha? You are going to make Tennyboy jealous. I have a few bottles in the fridge.

506747[/snapback]

It's really perfect for Thai food...and it has a decent alcohol content to it, too. Alas, today will probably be a wine-day. I'm thinking something in the Champagne family (or a GOOD California sparkler).

It's really perfect for Thai food...and it has a decent alcohol content to it, too.  Alas, today will probably be a wine-day.  I'm thinking something in the Champagne family (or a GOOD California sparkler).

506754[/snapback]

It depends on how spicy the food is that you are ordering. If it is mild, then Singha goes with it. If it is spicy, then you will need to pick a "hoppier" beer (something with more of a bite to it). If you are looking for alcohol content, then you should look more into the Beligan beers (a trippel will get you closer to 8-9%). Singha is only around 5-6%abv.

It depends on how spicy the food is that you are ordering. If it is mild, then Singha goes with it. If it is spicy, then you will need to pick a "hoppier" beer (something with more of a bite to it). If you are looking for alcohol content, then you should look more into the Beligan beers (a trippel will get you closer to 8-9%). Singha is only around 5-6%abv.

506842[/snapback]

The thick Thai sweet tea with cream is a major requirement with spicy Thai, no matter what the beer. That will definitely help with the burn.

We cut outta work at 2pm and went for beer...and we had something i never tried...fried macaroni and cheese..it actually wasnt too bad, but thats prolly the beer talking...it consisted of triangle shaped pieces of fried mac and cheese clumps...

We cut outta work at 2pm and went for beer...and we had something i never tried...fried macaroni and cheese..it actually wasnt too bad, but thats prolly the beer talking...it consisted of triangle shaped pieces of fried mac and cheese clumps...

506917[/snapback]

Retatta!!! :lol:

506842[/snapback]

No Thai today. But, I always order mine, EXTRA hot and spicy...if they know me in the place they know it means "as hot as they make it for the freakiest Thai person they know". I call it "stupid hot". Somethimes when I'm cooking I eat raw habernero peppers...so, I'm a sick freak when it comes to hot. I love when food is so hot you almost start to hallucinate. If you get the hiccups...then you're getting to where the food should be.

Remember: Food isn't properly seasoned unless it is painful to eat!

With that said, Sinha has always been fine...but 'm not opposed to a stronger beer.