Bills to wear their throwbacks agsin this week?

mackey7789

Just wondering if the Bills were still planning on wearing their throwbacks this weekend vs. the Bolts. I know that this was the other planned game prior to the year beginning that the Bills were going to wear them. I heard they can pay a moderate fine if they go over the league allowance of 2 times for a throwback in a year. I also heard from a friend of mine who knows some of the players that they have an all white throwback jersey they were planning on wearing, rather than the blue ones (because they are too similar looking to the chargers). I hope we do break them out, it would pump up the 8,000-10,000 Bills fans who will be attendance.

Just wondering if the Bills were still planning on wearing their throwbacks this weekend vs. the Bolts. I know that this was the other planned game prior to the year beginning that the Bills were going to wear them. I heard they can pay a moderate fine if they go over the league allowance of 2 times for a throwback in a year. I also heard from a friend of mine who knows some of the players that they have an all white throwback jersey they were planning on wearing, rather than the blue ones (because they are too similar looking to the chargers). I hope we do break them out, it would pump up the 8,000-10,000 Bills fans who will be attendance.

505971[/snapback]

It was my recollection that this was the plan prior to the season until they decided to wear throwbacks against the Bucs.

It was my recollection that this was the plan prior to the season until they decided to wear throwbacks against the Bucs.

505975[/snapback]

That is my understanding too! However, it would be very cool to see the Chargers and Bills in their throwbacks, on the 40th anniversary of the last AFL championship, before the merger...we know the Bills won the first time!

505975[/snapback]

Yes - 2 times a year is what I think it is. I think they can petition the NFL top office, though. Not sure.

I wonder, though - last year, for reasons I don't understand, the B'gals wore a gawd-awful orange-orange jersey and pants combination - certainly not throwbacks (they looked like work release prisoners in orange jumpers cleaning trash from an interstate highway, or orange popsicles). <_<

I thought I had heard they were planning on wearing them for the Denver game. They certainly would have to wear a white jersey against the Bolts'. Anyhoo I hope to see them again this season, but i'm sure the NFL will keep that from happening.

505971[/snapback]

They can't. According to NFL rules, teams are permitted to wear alternate jerseys only twice in one season.

That is my understanding too!  However, it would be very cool to see the Chargers and Bills in their throwbacks, on the 40th anniversary of the last AFL championship, before the merger...we know the Bills won the first time!

505981[/snapback]

I hear you. Not that we're superstitious or anything! <_<

I'm almost positive I remember that they did petition the NFL to wear them a third time after the Bucs game because they wanted to wear them in SD. But, the NFL said no, that all exceptions needed to be requested at least a year ahead of time.

I did not ever hear what a fine might be for showing up in the wrong uniforms.... Any chance the ref's would not let them play?

I did not ever hear what a fine might be for showing up in the wrong uniforms....  Any chance the ref's would not let them play?

506110[/snapback]

No we'd be allowed to play, just heavily fined. Denver (i think it was the broncs) was fined a few years ago, because they went to a warm weather city, and "forgot" to bring their dark jerseys and only had white. So the home team wore dark, but Denver got in trouble.