OH GOD THE LIONS

Chilly

I hear that makes people go blind. 

Stop channeling Tenny. It doesn't become you.

But at least that explains why otherwise rational people have wrapped their lips around the crack pipe that is "Bush War." 

I'm not quite sure how the two cross. Perhaps you can be a bit more definitive.

Just one more fix, eh?

505878[/snapback]

?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop channeling Tenny.  It doesn't become you.

I'm not quite sure how the two cross.  Perhaps you can be a bit more definitive.

?

505900[/snapback]

There are several people, people who I'd call friends (as much as message-board acquaintances can be friends, I suppose), and people whose opinion I generally respect and frequently agree with, that seem to be content, or in some instances pleased, with "Bush War."

I likened them to crack addicts in that all the addicts cares about is just one more fix. Everything else, job, family, friends, home, all of the important things, just don't matter anymore.

It's all about the next fix.

In the case of the war, soveriegnty of nations - once so important to us we went to fight to get Iraq out of Kuwait - doesn't matter. Human rights, civil liberties, the millions of dollars being wasted, and most importantly the dead, injured, and maimed US soldiers, doesn't matter. The things that we once held dear are now expendable.

But what the hell, all is great in "Bush War." We just need that next fix.

There are several people, people who I'd call friends (as much as message-board acquaintances can be friends, I suppose), and people whose opinion I generally respect and frequently agree with, that seem to be content, or in some instances pleased, with "Bush War."

I likened them to crack addicts in that all the addicts cares about is just one more fix.  Everything else, job, family, friends, home, all of the important things, just don't matter anymore. 

It's all about the next fix. 

505951[/snapback]

Not that you're condescending about it or anything... <_<

Which part of the Constitution deals with torturing prisoners of war?  I missed that one.

505894[/snapback]

I thought you referring back to the legality of the war. I misunderstood you.

[rant]Ah, screw 'em. Let's kill all of them stinkin' Arabs. Let's start dropping bombs. "Nucke-ler" ones. Who cares? It's not about me, I'm not over there. I was blessed by God to born here, in America. Those Iraqi's all deserved to be punished, damn heretical wastes of oxygen. I used to think the Constitution was important, but screw it. We obviously don't need it because we never use it. Hell, most Americans have probably never even read the tripe. I know it is no longer relevant. Screw human rights too. And while we're at it, screw our rights, we don't need 'em anyway. Screw the right of freedom of speech (http://www.wfmynews2.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=48862). Screw the right to keep and bear arms, and privacy. We need a national ID card so that the government knows what we're doing, where we're going. I could be a "terrist" afterall. As long as we can wake up in the morning with Katie Couric on the tube, all is right with the world. [/rant]

Whew... Thinking like fan of "Bush War" is scary...

I thought you referring back to the legality of the war.  I misunderstood you.

[rant]Ah, screw 'em.  Let's kill all of them stinkin' Arabs.  Let's start dropping bombs.  "Nucke-ler" ones.  Who cares?  It's not about me, I'm not over there. I was blessed by God to born here, in America. Those Iraqi's all deserved to be punished, damn heretical wastes of oxygen.  I used to think the Constitution was important, but screw it.  We obviously don't need it because we never use it.  Hell, most Americans have probably never even read the tripe. I know it is no longer relevant. Screw human rights too.  And while we're at it, screw our rights, we don't need 'em anyway.  Screw the right of freedom of speech (http://www.wfmynews2.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=48862).  Screw the right to keep and bear arms, and privacy.  We need a national ID card so that the government knows what we're doing, where we're going.  I could be a "terrist" afterall.  As long as we can wake up in the morning with Katie Couric on the tube, all is right with the world.  [/rant]

Whew...  Thinking like fan of "Bush War" is scary...

505961[/snapback]

Can't say I agree with any of that.

Can't say I agree with any of that.

505979[/snapback]

I should have posted it in a seperate post, it wasn't necessarily directed at you.

Actually, it wasn't necessarily directed at anyone in particular, it was just a sarcastic rant. You saw the [rant]/[/rant] thingys? I should have used [sarcasm]/[/sarcasm] in their stead.

I thought you referring back to the legality of the war.  I misunderstood you.

[rant]Ah, screw 'em.  Let's kill all of them stinkin' Arabs.  Let's start dropping bombs.  "Nucke-ler" ones.  Who cares?  It's not about me, I'm not over there. I was blessed by God to born here, in America. Those Iraqi's all deserved to be punished, damn heretical wastes of oxygen.  I used to think the Constitution was important, but screw it.  We obviously don't need it because we never use it.  Hell, most Americans have probably never even read the tripe. I know it is no longer relevant. Screw human rights too.  And while we're at it, screw our rights, we don't need 'em anyway.  Screw the right of freedom of speech (http://www.wfmynews2.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=48862).  Screw the right to keep and bear arms, and privacy.  We need a national ID card so that the government knows what we're doing, where we're going.  I could be a "terrist" afterall.  As long as we can wake up in the morning with Katie Couric on the tube, all is right with the world.  [/rant]

Whew...  Thinking like fan of "Bush War" is scary...

505961[/snapback]

You really think people think like that? <_<

I hope no one you love is ever in harm's way.  You're going to be in for a rude "sense of self" awakening.

The world outside your window ain't like the one you watch on television.  If I've got a tango in my possession who has information that is going to keep alot of innocent people alive but won't tell me when I ask nicely, bring me a hammer and take off his shoes.

Be very happy there are people willing to do a job you don't have the stomach for, Neville.  Idealism is great in a classroom but it doesn't feed the livestock.

505859[/snapback]

What's a "tango"?

It's a really cool dance where the long legged babe wraps her leg around you on certain beats. Lot's of dipping, too.

506101[/snapback]

Sounds good <_< It's a drink as well, but I don't quite think AD was referring to questioning a drink.

What's a "tango"?

506098[/snapback]

A 'tango' is super top secret military jargon for an enemy troop or target. Having never served in the military I'm not supposed to know that, so please don't tell anyone you heard it from me. 0:):w00t:<_<

A 'tango' is super top secret military jargon for an enemy troop or target.  Having never served in the military I'm not supposed to know that, so please don't tell anyone you heard it from me.  0:)  :w00t:<_<

506119[/snapback]

I sort of wonder what goes into a Tango? I'm not a big mixed drink fan, but I do have a really nice bar book that someone gave me. I'll have to look it up.

I prefer to value the version of the long legged babe in the tight black dress and heels with her leg wrapped around me. Violins in the background. I look really cool in a tux with a rose between my teeth.

I bet it's a girly drink though, isn't it?

I sort of wonder what goes into a Tango? I'm not a big mixed drink fan, but I do have a really nice bar book that someone gave me. I'll have to look it up.

I prefer to value the version of the long legged babe in the tight black dress and heels with her leg wrapped around me. Violins in the background. I look really cool in a tux with a rose between my teeth.

I bet it's a girly drink though, isn't it?

506130[/snapback]

1 oz gin

2 tsp sweet vermouth, dry vermouth, & orange juice

several drops curacao

Combine w/ ice, shake well

Strain, add ice.