LOST 2.07 Discussion Thread

The Tomcat

First off, what a beggining!! Seeing the tail end section crash was shocking.

It was like watching the very first episode from last season all over again.

They definitely explained the tie-in with Ethan & Nathan. Both of them said they were from Canada. Goodwin's explanation of why Nathan was not a "Good person", explains why Ethan took Claire. Ethan needed Claire and her baby in order to be seen as a good person. At least that's what I think.

What is the meaning of the Bible and the glass eye in the "Dharma" bunker?

Outstanding episode. Next week's episode is entitled "Collision". Can't wait!!!!!

505444[/snapback]

I don't think Ethan showed up on the main section beach until a couple of days after the crash, right? Could have been that the Otehrs had been scouting the tail section group and learning their names, etc. and then when Ethan went to the main beach, he used that name, that they had misheard from 'Nathan,' and said he was from Canada. Ana's interrogation of Goodwin was very weird. The Others are collecting the "good people"? As opposed to Bad People, who don't murder people?

The Bible might be from the drug plane. And, duey, I don't remember any of the Others on the boat having an an eyepatch.

She is just a touch overly emotional.  They could just chill her the hell out a bit.  It's not like they were her kids who were taken.

505491[/snapback]

It falls into the whole Live Together/Die Alone philosophy. And it's easy to look at people while seperating them from their social surroundings. It didn't look like the tail section had much of a plan, but they didn't have many supplies or very many people. From the looks, Ana could thrive in a bigger group and with some help. But she is very distrusting in general and much more concerned with security than the main beach, that didn't go all earthern pit jail on Day 17.

-----

So, Eko was on the plane; I thought he'd been there a while based on how good a tracker he is and, for instance, how when he was with Jin he could sense when the Others were coming. He needs a mansiere tho. <_<

Liked the way this ep was written and segmented. Flashed onto the important scenes in the tail section's story. Some of the "Day --" segments were just a few seconds, others were much longer. Kind of fast-forward so we don't have to spend so much time seeing things that were pretty much the same things the main group was doing.

I guess next week is the merge.

TOMCAT, could you edit the title of the thread, (by clicking edit on your initial post) to read "LOST 2.07 Discussion Thread" and then in the subsection, "The Other 48 Days"? It makes the thread more specifically searchable for when people want to refer back to it. I'll send this in PM too.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2. Anybody notice the Dharma logo in the hatch last night? There was no swan in the middle like the hatch by jack's group, there was an arrow in the middle. Any idea on what this means?

505519[/snapback]

Remember the film that Desmond had Locke and Jack watch? It mentioned different groups of researchers etc? It's likely the bunker that the tailies found was a new group. I personally feel the bunker's part of a large complex (and part of the hatch) that the Dharma group built but was sealed off (with the concrete wall that Sayid found) to prevent interaction between the groups.

Why did the "other" that AL killed have a list of the passengers who were scheduled to be taken, and what they were wearing?  Could the plane have been hijacked?  Somebody may be working with the "others" on the outside....Definitely seems that Dharma evolved into a social experiment gone wrong...In the tailee's cave, they seemed to find an abandoned trunk with somone's belongings, and a glass eye...very  strange...

505414[/snapback]

Goodwin had already infiltrated the group at that point. He could have easily written the list for the "others".

Also, I knew Adebisi would be a force to reckon with if he ever broke out of Oz.

2 quick hits...

1. The "others" had a teddy bear, so as duey said, this leads me to believe that 1 or both of the kids are still alive, meaning the "others" are keeping the survivors alive, or at least the kids...lets see, the 2 from yesterday, and walt now...

2. Anybody notice the Dharma logo in the hatch last night? There was no swan in the middle like the hatch by jack's group, there was an arrow in the middle. Any idea on what this means?

505519[/snapback]

Goodwin said that they were alive...I was hoping that we would get more out of him before he got skewered.

Goodwin said that they were alive...I was hoping that we would get more out of him before he got skewered.

505528[/snapback]

That reminds me of another thing I hate about M-Rods character. Isn't Kate already the mysterious ass kicking chick who somehow knows how to handle a gun. Do we really need another one?

Here are my thoughts after watching last night....

Is the "security system" on the other side of the island protecting the main group of survivors from the others?

Have the tail section people in essence led the "others" through the security system by luck to the main group?

There must be reason that the others are taking people? What I mean is that the "others" we saw a few weeks ago were carrying the teddy bear and from thier feet, they sure looked like kids, the same kids that were taken maybe? What do the "others" do to people to make them almost zombie like? I say zombie because what kid wouldn't try to get away, or rejoin the group when they are walking through the jungle?

Does puting in the code in the hatch keep the security system working, and protect the main group from the others? I would have liked to see the reference to the black smoke and whether or not the "others" attacked the tail group at that point.

Lots of thoughts, but not many answers.

That reminds me of another thing I hate about M-Rods character. Isn't Kate already the mysterious ass kicking chick who somehow knows how to handle a gun. Do we really need another one?

505534[/snapback]

apparently we needed an ugly one

btw, was the first person that Eko pulled out of the water Christian Shepherd? because that would explain why he wasn't in the coffin

505519[/snapback]

Yeah it's been noticed for a few weeks now. I think it suggests different departments of the Dharma project.

The best scene of the night to me was Anna Lucia exposed Goodwin as the infiltrator and was asking him questions. It was such a creepy feel to the scene.

The best scene of the night to me was Anna Lucia exposed Goodwin as the infiltrator and was asking him questions.  It was such a creepy feel to the scene.

505604[/snapback]

I agree...that scene was great. It was totally suspenseful...I was totally on the edge of my seat.

Did anyone notice at the begining of the episode during the commotion on the beach post crash that there was a hexagonal path drawn in the beach by someone's footprints? I could be pushing it a bit but I thought I saw a hexagon as it zoomed out and gave us an overall shot of the beach and the people running around in a panic.

Did anyone notice at the begining of the episode during the commotion on the beach post crash that there was a hexagonal path drawn in the beach by someone's footprints?  I could be pushing it a bit but I thought I saw a hexagon as it zoomed out and gave us an overall shot of the beach and the people running around in a panic.

505652[/snapback]

There was a guy crawling making the pattern with his knees. I do agree it looked hexoginal.

Here are my thoughts after watching last night....

Is the "security system" on the other side of the island protecting the main group of survivors from the others?

505553[/snapback]

You know what would be great? If the guys behind the show remembered that there's supposed to be a monster on the island.

When is the last time any character mentioned the monster that killed the pilot? This doesn't cross Charlie's mind or Kate's mind? It was only a month ago, supposedly.

Locke came face to face with the thing in the fourth or fifth episode of the first season.

What gives?

Jack is one of the "Others"

makes no sense at all, but you heard it here first

505681[/snapback]

Now now...don't go all Fox News on us here and predict outlandish things on the outside chance that they actually come true.

Ana Lucia has a penis. Makes no sense at all, but you heard it here first. <_<

It was mentioned a few times in this thread, but it does bear repeating...the opening of last nights episode was outstanding. It opens with a wide view of a quiet beach and the ocean. Gradually, you here some kind of noice. Suddenly, little objects start crashing into the ocean, followed by the entire tail section. Wow. Well freaking done!

Well he did come out of the jungle instead of from the beach where everyone else was.  <_<

505740[/snapback]

Well, that's cause he was going to the bathroom. Sure, he could have used the john on the plane, but that wouldn't synch with the theory.

You know what would be great?  If the guys behind the show remembered that there's supposed to be a monster on the island.

When is the last time any character mentioned the monster that killed the pilot?  This doesn't cross Charlie's mind or Kate's mind?  It was only a month ago, supposedly.

Locke came face to face with the thing in the fourth or fifth episode of the first season.

What gives?

505673[/snapback]

The first rule of the monster is that you don't talk about the monster.