Funny State laws.

stuckincincy

"Alabama

In Jasper, it is illegal for a husband to beat his wife with a stick larger in diameter than his thumb. It is illegal to play Dominos on Sunday. It is illegal to wear a fake moustache that causes laughter in church. Putting salt on a railroad track may be punishable by death."

etc.

http://www.md.lp.org/weird_laws.html

"Alabama

In Jasper, it is illegal for a husband to beat his wife with a stick larger in diameter than his thumb. It is illegal to play Dominos on Sunday. It is illegal to wear a fake moustache that causes laughter in church. Putting salt on a railroad track may be punishable by death."

etc.

505124[/snapback]

There goes my Morton's stock.

"Alabama

etc.

505124[/snapback]

In California: In Pasadena, it is illegal for a secretary to be alone in a room with her boss.

That makes perfect sense to me, actually. :)

In New York: In New York City, "It is disorderly conduct for one man to greet another on the street by placing the end of his thumb against the tip of his nose, at the same time extending and wiggling the fingers of his hand."

Truth is, I do that all the time. Good thing I'm not in NYC. :)

In California:  In Pasadena, it is illegal for a secretary to be alone in a room with her boss.

That makes perfect sense to me, actually.  :)

In New York:  In New York City, "It is disorderly conduct for one man to greet another on the street by placing the end of his thumb against the tip of his nose, at the same time extending and wiggling the fingers of his hand."

Truth is, I do that all the time.  Good thing I'm not in NYC.  :)

505155[/snapback]

You too?

In New York:  In New York City, "It is disorderly conduct for one man to greet another on the street by placing the end of his thumb against the tip of his nose, at the same time extending and wiggling the fingers of his hand."

Truth is, I do that all the time.  Good thing I'm not in NYC.  :)

505155[/snapback]

I find that most New Yorkers have adapted to the law by using a simpler one-finger sign to communicate with their fellow citizens.

I find that most New Yorkers have adapted to the law by using a simpler one-finger sign to communicate with their fellow citizens.

505185[/snapback]

They are trying to pass on how to use C-Ration toilet paper.

Maybe someone here knows the joke.

They are trying to pass on how to use C-Ration toilet paper.

Maybe someone here knows the joke.

505204[/snapback]

Save the piece of paper you just tore off...you'll need it! :)

"Alabama

etc.

505124[/snapback]

That's were the term rule of thumb came from.

Truth is, I do that all the time.  Good thing I'm not in NYC.  <_<

505155[/snapback]

Funny- NYC will fine you for anything these days. I would not be the least bit surprised if you got a ticket for doing that in NYC

In Oklahoma, it is illegal to give liquor to a fish.

In some town in CA (now pay attention here BiB), detonating a nuclear weapon within the town lines is illegal and punishable by up to a $500 fine - but no jail time. Apparently, it's only a misdemeanor. <_<

A good many towns scattered throughout the country have weird statutes like "It is illegal to eat an ice cream cone on Sunday while walking backward in front of the town hall" or "it is illegal to eat peanuts while walking backwards when the circus is in town". It kind of scares me to think of what sorts of situations prompted the establishment of those laws.