What is Mularky talking about ? He is waiting

duey

Hey Mike...stop being such a jackass and just give JP the start on Sunday, and for the rest of the season as well for that matter. Why the hell are you dicking around with the paranoid and disillusioned folly of not naming your starter until the last minute? Everybody who knows anything about football thinks that JP should start from now on. Why are you the only one who thinks you're fooling anyone? Jeez...pull your head out of your ass and just get on with it.

And let me tell you...if he doesn't start JP this Sunday, Ralph should fire him on the spot. :)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit that I'm getting a little tired of this Mularkey, too.....If you have to try and get some 'edge' on your opponent by not revealing who your starting QB is, then you must not be as good of a team as you think you are. Enough with the games and the circus ball offense. Put JP in there and turn the kid loose. Let him take his shots downfield like he did on Sunday....let him make his mistakes....and let's get on with it.

Even if not naming your starter until the last possible moment gives you a 0.0001% better chance of winning, you do it.  Just because YOU want to know who's starting doesn't mean the Bills should have to tell you in advance.

504810[/snapback]

I hear ya, but don't you think they should learn to rely on, say, Willis a little more often before they start with this kind of hokey crap? In my opinion, the minute they stop using Daimon Shelton on 3rd and Goal from the 1 instead of Willis is the minute they can start looking for other advantages, lol.

I have to admit that I'm getting a little tired of this Mularkey, too.....If you have to try and get some 'edge' on your opponent by not revealing who your starting QB is, then you must not be as good of a team as you think you are. Enough with the games and the circus ball offense. Put JP in there and turn the kid loose. Let him take his shots downfield like he did on Sunday....let him make his mistakes....and let's get on with it.

504807[/snapback]

While I agree with your comments if MM is really wavering over his starting QB

as from this point on wards it should be JP unless he has a injury.

However, there is no reason to let the opponents know who you are planning

to start even if it gives a slight advantage....Coaches like Belichek and Cowher

don't even want players to talk to the media about their injuries. This year I

have noticed that many players are marked as Questionable on the injury

list and then they come swinging out of the gates and play very well in the game

(Normally such players were listed as Probable)....

As long as the team understands (via MM) who their QB for the next 7 games

is going to be, why should MM care who else knows what his plans are.

i think i would be more bothered by it if there was actually some question as to who it would truly be.  i think everyone knows losman will start.

504814[/snapback]

I know pretty much everyone here thinks Losman should start Sunday, but did anyone catch Sean Salisbury on Tuesday night? He seemed adamant, that, if Holcomb is healthy, he should reamain the starter...

Personally, I could go either way...I was all in favor of benching Losman when they did, and still think it was the best thing for him. He was a different QB on Sunday. I think Mularkey made a good, if unpopular call on that one.

But, when Holcomb went in, I thought, unless the Bills went 3-1 in those four games, the reins should go back to Losman, so we can see what we have in him...

That said, I don't think Holcomb played his way out of a job. It is all economics in the end. I don't have a lot of hope of the Bills beating the Chargers on Sunday (our west coast trips have been awful), but I think if Losman is playing more like he did this past Sunday (decisive, focused, somewhat accurate), might have a better chance of pulling it off. The element of surprise, and the energy he might bring to the table might catch the Chargers by surprise, coming off a bye week. I think our only chance of winning this game is going to be scoring a lot of points, the earlier the better...our defense still can't stop the run.... :)

While I agree with your comments if MM is really wavering over his starting QB

as from this point on wards it should be JP unless he has a injury.

However, there is no reason to let the opponents know who you are planning

to start even if it gives a slight advantage....Coaches like Belichek and Cowher

don't even want players to talk to the media about their injuries. This year I

have noticed that many players are marked as Questionable on the injury

list and then they come swinging out of the gates and play very well in the game

(Normally such players were listed as Probable)....

As long as the team understands (via MM) who their QB for the next 7 games

is going to be, why should MM care who else knows what his plans are.

504820[/snapback]

I hear ya, and I don't necessarily disagree with you and MBD.....I guess it's just the fact that we have a journeyman and a yet unproven first year starter, and so far this season has been less than stellar.....If we were among the elite teams heading into SD, I'd be all for taking every advantage.....I think it's just the circumstances of the team and of the season that have me thinking it's kind of laughable, you know?

Even if not naming your starter until the last possible moment gives you a 0.0001% better chance of winning, you do it.  Just because YOU want to know who's starting doesn't mean the Bills should have to tell you in advance.

504810[/snapback]

I agree... Everyone within the bills organization, and any educated fan knows that JP is the starter. Its common sense, and I'm willing to bet that SD is game planning for JP. Even if they spend 20 mins of practice running possible plays geared towards shtting down holcomb, its worth it.

I know pretty much everyone here thinks Losman should start Sunday, but did anyone catch Sean Salisburry on Tuesday night?  He seened adamant, that, if Holcomb is healthy, he should reamain the starter...

504828[/snapback]

Why?

BTW, just have to change the channell or 30 second skip until that blowhard is off the air

I know pretty much everyone here thinks Losman should start Sunday, but did anyone catch Sean Salisburry on Tuesday night?  He seened adamant, that, if Holcomb is healthy, he should reamain the starter...

504828[/snapback]

F#@$ Salisbury; what does he know? I hate these washed up NFL players such as he and Merril Hoge who were never nothing more than journeymen claim to be such students of the game; it never helped their careers!

I agree... Everyone within the bills organization, and any educated fan knows that JP is the starter.  Its common sense, and I'm willing to bet that SD is game planning for JP.  Even if they spend 20 mins of practice running possible plays geared towards shtting down holcomb, its worth it.

Well consider this. The Chargers have had 2 weeks to prepare for the Bills. Prior to last weekend, all indication were that Holcomb was going to be the starter. Now that's not the case, so all the prep the Chargers did for Holcomb pretty much goes out the window. And we went through before how much a gameplan changes for one QB versus another, and trust me that it DOES matter.

504828[/snapback]

sean salisbury!? :) speaking of douches...

the guy is a blowhard and was a sh------- qb to boot. whatever he says to do, mularkey should do the opposite. you can tell by listening to him that he knows very little about the bills.

i laughed my ass off this past sunday while driving home from boston during the bills game. since i was stuck in my car i had to listen to espn radio to stay abreast of the game. every time they returned to the topic of the bills/chiefs he kept repeating that KC WOULD WIN THE GAME. he kept it up till it was 14-3 about halfway through the 4th quarter.

Hey Mike...stop being such a jackass and just give JP the start on Sunday, and for the rest of the season as well for that matter.  Why the hell are you dicking around with the paranoid and disillusioned folly of not naming your starter until the last minute?  Everybody who knows anything about football thinks that JP should start from now on.  Why are you the only one who thinks you're fooling anyone?  Jeez...pull your head out of your ass and just get on with it.

504802[/snapback]

What's up with the vitriol? Does it really matter how and when he announces the starter?

A big deal about nothing IMO.