IF the Bills make the playoffs

Kelly the Dog

Wouldn't we be assured to have a home playoff game? We're certainly not gettiing in as a wild card, so we would have to win the AFC east. Even if we had an 8-8 or 9-7 record, wouldnt the division winner automatcally play at home regardless of the record of the wild card team? We could be facing a 11-5 or 10-6 warm weather team like Jacksonville or San Diego playing here in a January snow bowl game.

I think perhaps we have about a 10% chance of actually making the playoffs, and ONLY if the Patsies totally tank and not because we are good. But the idea that we will automatically get killed in the playoffs by a far superior team may not be true. They may be far superior but we would be at home.

Wouldn't we be assured to have a home playoff game? We're certainly not gettiing in as a wild card, so we would have to win the AFC east. Even if we had an 8-8 or 9-7 record, wouldnt the division winner automatcally play at home regardless of the record of the wild card team? We could be facing a 11-5 or 10-6 warm weather team like Jacksonville or San Diego playing here in a January snow bowl game.

I think perhaps we have about a 10% chance of actually making the playoffs, and ONLY if the Patsies totally tank and not because we are good. But the idea that we will automatically get killed in the playoffs by a far superior team may not be true. They may be far superior but we would be at home.

504388[/snapback]

That would be amazing...

but right now I'd only like to think about Sundays game vs San Diego

Go Bills

504388[/snapback]

Good post Kelly, I was going to bring this up in a post later.

I spent all last week posting about how we should start JP because I thought we had no chance at the playoffs. In reality I still don't think we have much of a shot, but if, and this is a huge if, JP can carry over his play against KC into the rest of the year, we very well could be in this thing down the stretch.

For now I'm not worried about tiebreakers, because to have any chance we need to keep winning to keep up with the Patriots soft schedule. This week is huge, but the Chargers are at times capable of giving away games, with a lot of luck and solid play from JP against a weak secondary we might just get lucky. The Chargers are a big peace of the puzzle so we need to get it down this Sunday. Past that we still have to take on some powerhouses, but most of which are at home, and the Ralph in December is brutal on away teams. Also keep in mind that when we play the Bengal’s late in the year they might be resting some starters.

As Kelly points out, if we did pull the miracle we would be assured of hosting a first round game. Would any Wild Card team want to come to Buffalo that time of year for the playoffs? How about a warm climate Florida team like Jacksonville? The point is that the Bills would probably have a legit shot in the first round.

Let's hope for a miracle, it must start Sunday.

Pass the crack pipe......

504447[/snapback]

What part of the post are you actually arguing with? That the rules are not that way? That the Bills have a great chance at the playoffs? That there is no chance whatsoever that the Pats will not choke even though they have just choked? That the Bills have a 1-100 chance instead of a 10-100 chance? Or are you just adding nothing for nothing's sake?

What part of the post are you actually arguing with? That the rules are not that way? That the Bills have a great chance at the playoffs? That there is no chance whatsoever that the Pats will not choke even though they have just choked? That the Bills have a 1-100 chance instead of a 10-100 chance? Or are you just adding nothing for nothing's sake?

504453[/snapback]

I hope it happens, God i'd be ecstatic if we touched the playoffs this year, but in reality I'm not even gonna think of the playoffs until its January 2nd and I see the standings and see it is possible. I'm very attached to the Bills and what happened last winter against Pittsburgh literally killed me and I can't go through that again. If they make it well i'll be so happy but at this point in time, I'm just hoping that JP develops to be a great QB.

Go Bills

504388[/snapback]

It's not going to happen. It's almost like last year when we needed so much help for a chance. Only to blow it and concede to a bunch of scrubs. We didn't want it last year at home and I don't see how anything has changed.

We would have to win the division to get in. I don't see any other way.

I hope it happens, God i'd be ecstatic if we touched the playoffs this year, but in reality I'm not even gonna think of the playoffs until its January 2nd and I see the standings and see it is possible.  I'm very attached to the Bills and what happened last winter against Pittsburgh literally killed me and I can't go through that again.  If they make it well i'll be so happy but at this point in time, I'm just hoping that JP develops to be a great QB.

Go Bills

504463[/snapback]

I think they have virtually no shot at the playoffs. I am not thinking of them either, and think they are likely to get blown out at San Diego. I was responding to realtruelove's add-nothing post.

504453[/snapback]

All of the above.

504388[/snapback]

Next you'll tell us that Mike W will be practicing at DT. Playoffs, ha hah hah...

I spent all last week posting about how we should start JP because I thought we had no chance at the playoffs. In reality I still don't think we have much of a shot, but if, and this is a huge if, JP can carry over his play against KC into the rest of the year, we very well could be in this thing down the stretch. 

504421[/snapback]

I agree.....and if we can get JP into a playoff game his first year as a semi-starter? That would be huge for his development, I think. I also agree that this Sunday's game is absolutely huge....I truly believe that we have the talent to pull out a win, but it's going to take some pretty strong performances on both sides of the ball (and on the sideline).

The only thing that would really disappoint me is a blowout......I'd love a win, but if JP has a good solid game and shows some growth (and hopefully makes a few big plays), that'll be a win to a degree, too. If we go down there and get embarrassed, though, then that's going to majorly suck. But I think we can do it......Bills 21 Bolts 20