Darryl Talley Pimping Morphoplex Fat Burner

Rico

So I'm watching TNA rasslin' on Spike TV for the first time in a long time (actually fast-forwarding on my DVR to see if the smack is any good :lol: ) and just about every commercial break is for "Morphoplex"... endorsed by former NFL star Darryl Talley, WTF? :rolleyes: He's a pretty horrible cue-card reader... that pension must not pay very much. :blink:

So I'm watching TNA rasslin' on Spike TV for the first time in a long time (actually fast-forwarding on my DVR to see if the smack is any good :lol: ) and just about every commercial break is for "Morphoplex"... endorsed by former NFL star Darryl Talley, WTF?  :rolleyes:  He's a pretty horrible cue-card reader... that pension must not pay very much.  :blink:

504306[/snapback]

lol, I saw the exact same thing.....I wanted to see how Monte Brown was doing, so set the ol' DVR, too......I don't know if it's because I had just watched the tape of RAW and was pretty darn moved by it (more than I care to admit, probably lol), but I was pretty underwhelmed by it. I was in FF mode, too, so maybe I just didn't give it a chance....I dunno. Back when I was a kid (still truly believing that wrestling was completely real and about the coolest thing there was), the NWA title was THE title. It's a shame that it's fallen from grace to the point where these guys are passing it around from one to the next.

But yeah, I kinda felt weird seing Darryl peddling that stuff, lol.....

lol, I saw the exact same thing.....I wanted to see how Monte Brown was doing, so set the ol' DVR, too......I don't know if it's because I had just watched the tape of RAW and was pretty darn moved by it (more than I care to admit, probably lol), but I was pretty underwhelmed by it. I was in FF mode, too, so maybe I just didn't give it a chance....I dunno. Back when I was a kid (still truly believing that wrestling was completely real and about the coolest thing there was), the NWA title was THE title. It's a shame that it's fallen from grace to the point where these guys are passing it around from one to the next.

But yeah, I kinda felt weird seing Darryl peddling that stuff, lol.....

504314[/snapback]

Alpha Male sucks... the only one I like (ie. the only one with any mike skills) is Raven.

Nope, but it's probably alot of money for not much commitment.  Not many would be able to turn it down.

504459[/snapback]

I don't know, if I was a HOF QB, I'd at least go with something a little more respectable... like Isotoner gloves. :rolleyes:

Alpha Male sucks... the only one I like (ie. the only one with any mike skills) is Raven.

504432[/snapback]

I agree.....too many of them were over the top. There are some in the WWE with the same problem, but from time to time you get the ones who just really put over a personna. For example, I've caught bits and pices of Smackdown the past few weeks, and that Ken Kennedy guy has become a real kick in the ass.....he cracks me up with his old style mic intro.....pretty funny stuff.

what ever happened to Talley owning a mcd's?...I seem to remember he was working in mcd's to get the required work xp for ownership.

I see dan kelly ( jim's bro) is also on that 5linx site...guess the hole famn damily is involved :rolleyes:

what ever happened to Talley owning a mcd's?...I seem to remember he was working in mcd's to get the required work xp for ownership.

I see dan kelly ( jim's bro) is also on that 5linx site...guess the hole famn damily is involved :rolleyes:

504634[/snapback]

I remember seeing DT working at Mickey D's, too. I recall thinking at the time "Nice to see a guy thinking about his life after football." Now I'm thinking that ole Darryl took a finer look at the commitment required and decided there were easier ways to make money. I admit that I would do the same.

The other thing to consider about these guys is that people get used to the money they made, and it can be quite a comedown when you go from, say $800k/year (which is probably about $220k after taxes, agent, union dues, etc), to about $90k that you're earning on the interest of what you saved. That's if your agent did his job and was properly managing your money during your career. Otherwise, you're probably eating into your savings. I'm not sure how the NFL pension system works. There might be some more money there, but you're definitely not taking home as much as you did while playing.

If you're not going back to work (most guys didn't get that degree), it can be quite a shock. Lots of these guys have to go back to work like the rest of us. For every Darryl Talley, there's 30 Tony Furjanics.

Anyone remember that huge goodbye ad/letter Talley put in the paper just after he was let go from the Bills (and off for Atlanta)? I wish I still had a copy of that....