Mikie2times

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was Marty McFly.

504330[/snapback]

nono it was biff

My favorite solo is Child In Time from Deep Purple, It's really a combination of guitar/keyboard and bass but it's too amazing i could listen to it over and over

Here are several of my favorites:

Frank Zappa-Muffin Man and Fifty-fifty

SRV-Little Wing

Steve Vai-For the Love of God

Robin Trower-Daydream

Chicago (Terry Kath)- 25 or 6 to 4

David Bowie (Robert Fripp)-Fashion

504382[/snapback]

Fifty-fifty is particularly good when they make the guitar (Zappa)/violin (Ponty) transition. Great stuff there!

My favorite solo is Child In Time from Deep Purple, It's really a combination of guitar/keyboard and bass but  it's too amazing i could listen to it over and over

504341[/snapback]

Great song. I remember playing that song with my band. The singer was a die-hard DP fan and absolutely loved that song. We just cranked up the amps and let it rip. You can just lose yourself in that song, especially on stage.

My top three (tonight anyway):

1. Gilmour on “Comfortably Numb”

2. Duane Allman on slide, Dickey Betts on lead on “Whipping Post”

3. SRV on “Texas Flood” (or "Riviera Paradise" -- which always brings a tear to my eye)

Dark horse:

Mark Knopfler on “Telegraph Road”

Here’s more grist for the mill:

http://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/pages/best_guitarsolo.html

Great song. I remember playing that song with my band. The singer was a die-hard DP fan and absolutely loved that song. We just cranked up the amps and let it rip. You can just lose yourself in that song, especially on stage.

504438[/snapback]

Made In Japan - one of the best live discs of all time.

Made In Japan - one of the best live discs of all time.

504475[/snapback]

Side 3: Space Truckin'. All 20 beautiful minutes and 3 seconds of it.

When I was young and irresponsible I worked at the college radio station. I'd put that song on, run down the hill to a buddy's dorm, take a hit or two off the hookah while listening to it play (to make sure it didn't skip and all), and then run back to the studio with enough time to slap a different record on the second turntable.

I'll never forget that album or that song - although I've forgotten many of the things that happened while listening to that album and song. :rolleyes:

Side 3: Space Truckin'.  All 20 beautiful minutes and 3 seconds of it. 

When I was young and irresponsible I worked at the college radio station.  I'd put that song on, run down the hill to a buddy's dorm, take a hit or two off the hookah while listening to it play (to make sure it didn't skip and all), and then run back to the studio with enough time to slap a different record on the second turntable.

I'll never forget that album or that song - although I've forgotten many of the things that happened while listening to that album and song. :rolleyes:

504479[/snapback]

Until I discovered Rush the drum solo in The Mule was the most incredible I'd ever heard.

I was only 10 when it came out so I couldn't enjoy it in quite the way you did at the time.

Petrucci/Dream Theater - The Glass Prison. I love that first one with the tempo change.

Today. I've got a bad habit of wearing out a song on the iPod before I get around to updating the playlist.

I'm such a metal head.

-Jeff

Gilmour's solo in "Comfortable Numb" - best solo ever!

Ever seen the version from the "pulse" cd/dvd? If not please download it off limewire or something, its amazing. It's extended about 3 min and I believe it was from the last live show they did together (before that huge benefit concert this summer) at the largest indoor venue in the world in England. It seriouly incredible.