Your Favorite Guitar Solo

Mikie2times

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jack white of the white stripes in seven nation army... while it may be newer than most of the stuff that you guys listen to, you should listen to that solo. Jack Whit is probably the best guitarist out there right now. The thing that holds him back is that he is not in a big time band and his sister is average at drums.

jack white of the white stripes in seven nation army... while it may be newer than most of the stuff that you guys listen to, you should listen to that solo. Jack Whit is probably the best guitarist out there right now. The thing that holds him back is that he is not in a big time band and his sister is average at drums.

504160[/snapback]

It's not his sister, it's his ex-wife. I don't know if that solo is really that interesting aside from the fact that he is using a slide. The solo doesn't really differentiate that much from the main riff of the song. Best guitarist I think is a stretch, but he certainly does write catchy songs.

It's not his sister, it's his ex-wife.  I don't know if that solo is really that interesting aside from the fact that he is using a slide.  The solo doesn't really differentiate that much from the main riff of the song.  Best guitarist I think is a stretch, but he certainly does write catchy songs.

504202[/snapback]

Anyone recall Felix Papparaldi?

While Jimi H and Roy Buchanan have a thousand great solos...too many to sort out and mention here. My bet is most will be covered. A couple you bums won't get to are:

Larry Carlton's solo in Steely Dan's "Kid Charlemagne"

Carlos Santana's "Europa"

Oops...meeting...more later

A couple that immediately jumped to mind:

All Along The Watchtower- Jimi

Johnny B. Goode- Chuck Berry

504223[/snapback]

Chuck Berry did not do Johnny Be Good. That was Anthony Micheal Hall.

Chuck Berry was the host of the Gong Show.

I agree about Hendrix though.

I don't know if this qualifies, but for some reason I love the very subtle guitar of Jeff Buckley just before the final verse of Hallelujah.....I just love the entire cover, but that solo guitar in the end is almost hypnotic.