Overheard in the Maguire club Sunday

Gary M

Jeff Burris describing KH talking to the team doc.

Doc: Kelly can you recite the alphabet?

KH: ABCD ........ UH?

A few minutes later

Doc: Kelly Where are you?

KH: San Francisco?

503603[/snapback]

Concussions suck - I've been there. That lost and cloudy feeling is no fun, but the the worst part is the after-effects. Headaches, tired, and even (in my concussions anyway) depression all seem to take forever to go away, it's frustrating. And from here on out he'll be much more succeptible to them.

Those of you who've been concussed know what I mean.

A few minutes later

503603[/snapback]

Sounds like he's ready to start next week.

So let me get this right: there was a discussion about one's inability to comprehend and explain where they are and what is occurring directly in front of their face, and this discussion was taking place in a club named after Paul Maguire?

Let me tell ya somethin'. No shortage of irony there.

So let me get this right: there was a discussion about one's inability to comprehend and explain where they are and what is occurring directly in front of their face, and this discussion was taking place in a club named after Paul Maguire?

503664[/snapback]

:lol::unsure::lol::o

I always wondered why they named that club after McGuire, I mean, the Kelly club and the Van Miller club.....Ok I get those, but Paul McGuire Club? WTF?

Sounds like he's ready to start next week.

503613[/snapback]

He's right on track. What went unmentioned is that:

ABCD......UH is the secret code for the triple reverse to Parrish on 4th and 1. We'll need that play in SD.

San Francisco is the code for another play that shouldn't be described on a family board.

A few minutes later

503603[/snapback]

Well OK, then plug him in at DT.

I remember Jimbo used to take shots like that... and then go back in two plays later and throw touchdown passes.

I recall one particular play against the Jets, I think it was, when he took a huge shot and wobbled to the sideline. A play later he came back in, double-pumped, and hit Billy Brooks for a 30-yard TD just before halftime.

After the game Kelly admitted that the entire left half of his body was numb when he did that.

:rolleyes:  :blink:  :lol:  :lol:

I always wondered why they named that club after McGuire, I mean, the Kelly club and the Van Miller club.....Ok I get those, but Paul McGuire Club? WTF?

503736[/snapback]

Gonna rename it the 'Let Me Tell Ya' club. Seriously, I'd like to see that renamed for someone who cares 2 hoots for the Bills. McGuire's in the ex category as far as I'm concerned.

I remember Jimbo used to take shots like that... and then go back in two plays later and throw touchdown passes.

I recall one particular play against the Jets, I think it was, when he took a huge shot and wobbled to the sideline.  A play later he came back in, double-pumped, and hit Billy Brooks for a 30-yard TD just before halftime.

After the game Kelly admitted that the entire left half of his body was numb when he did that.

504113[/snapback]

They don't make QBs like that anymore. :rolleyes:

503664[/snapback]

Yeah, right. And I'm a tell ya what..you talk about total concussive reaction! He's short of the first down by half a football. Nope, that's touchdown. :rolleyes:

Gonna rename it the 'Let Me Tell Ya' club.  Seriously, I'd like to see that renamed for someone who cares 2 hoots for the Bills.  McGuire's in the ex category as far as I'm concerned.

504274[/snapback]

How about the Fred Smerlas Backhair Club for Men. :rolleyes:

PTR