All Eyes on Bledsoe ?

Frez

Team = 53 guys.  How would the calibre of talent surrounding a single player the fault/responsibility of that player?  Is Manning part of a great team?  If so, should he get the credit for being the QB on that team, or should Poilian get the credit for bringing the talent in?

I appreciate that you have some axe to grind with Bledsoe, that's cool.  I'm just not so sure you're doing a very good job of justifying it.

503916[/snapback]

Well, it's definitely true that I get very defensive when someone disses the Bills. That's just how it is with me, I guess.....the thing with guys like Manning, though, is that he contributes far more to winning than he does to losing. I don't see how ANYONE can say the same thing about Drew....I really don't. Look at the three games Fez mentioned....they're arguable the three biggest games we had last year. Baltimore is a marginal team, but that game was huge for us, and we SHOULD have won it. You can't rely on the guy when the other team throws down the gauntlet and challenges him to be at his best.....he chokes and chokes and chokes. If not for Roy Williams and Donovan McNabb, the headlines today would have more to do with Bledsoe choking than they would beating the Eagles on the road.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Be that as it may, but that is the conventional wisdom.  ;)

And if you want to know why so many Bills fans have an axe to grind against DB, I believe that is the answer.

Longtime Bills fans are used to sub-par play from their team & sub-par play from their QBs :lol: , but one thing that blue collar, lunch-pail fans will never accept is a quitter.

503932[/snapback]

The only people I recall that said Bledsoe "quit" on the team were 3 or 4 negative-nancies at TSW - hardly a quorum for "conventional wisdom."

While some may like his play more than others, the reality is that DB has given Bills fans no reason to hate him or wish him ill in Dallas. Those that do are being irrational IMO.

I wish I could remember who posted the stat earlier in the year so I could give him credit, but someone (pretty sure it was someone on here that I like, lol) put up Bledsoe's career numbers against teams with winning records....it was AWFUL. The guy is a LOSER when it comes to getting the job done when it counts. JP went out there on Sunday and put up two deep scores against a winning team that most people figured we'd lose to. THAT'S the kind of thing that shoudl have been going on when Bledsoe was in town, but it wasn't. Wasn't going on in NE before Brady took over either

The only people I recall that said Bledsoe "quit" on the team were 3 or 4 negative-nancies at TSW - hardly a quorum for "conventional wisdom."

While some may like his play more than others, the reality is that DB has given Bills fans no reason to hate him or wish him ill in Dallas.  Those that do are being irrational IMO.

503942[/snapback]

I don't think anyone 'hates' the guy......but I disagree with you that he didn't give Bills fans any bulletin board material, so to speak. He clearly took some cheap shots at the Bills after he left here.

I wish I could remember who posted the stat earlier in the year so I could give him credit, but someone (pretty sure it was someone on here that I like, lol) put up Bledsoe's career numbers against teams with winning records....it was AWFUL. The guy is a LOSER when it comes to getting the job done when it counts. JP went out there on Sunday and put up two deep scores against a winning team that most people figured we'd lose to. THAT'S the kind of thing that shoudl have been going on when Bledsoe was in town, but it wasn't. Wasn't going on in NE before Brady took over either

503950[/snapback]

You did notice that he's beaten four teams with winning records this year, right...? ;)

CW

You did notice that he's beaten four teams with winning records this year, right...? ;)

CW

503969[/snapback]

Yeah, well....they dont' have winning records anymore LMAO :lol:

3 or 4??? Where were you in 2003???

503951[/snapback]

If he had REALLY quit on the team, do you think everyone would've played so hard last season? You don't think that Moulds would've said something to the media? That's the reason why I don't think he quit.

I don't care if 100 people on TSW think he quit, if I don't see any evidence from the lockerroom, coaches, etc, then I'm not buying it.

Again, there's no way to know one way or the other, but I don't see anything tangible other than the fact we only went 6-10. (I will agree that the entire team ran for the busses in the last game against the Patriots, but again that's the entire team, not one player quitting).

CW

Could we stop with the "he beat" stuff.  It sucked when Flutie and his tardopians were doing it and hasn't gotten more coherent now.

503973[/snapback]

LMFAO....tardopians?? Did you just christen that, or did I miss the unveiling when it happened?

Could we stop with the "he beat" stuff.  It sucked when Flutie and his tardopians were doing it and hasn't gotten more coherent now.

503973[/snapback]

Well when the QB throws for 350 yards and 3 TDs, and the team still loses, people say, "See, he sucks because he lost. Who cares how many yards he threw for?" Can't have it both ways.

CW

I don't think anyone 'hates' the guy......but I disagree with you that he didn't give Bills fans any bulletin board material, so to speak. He clearly took some cheap shots at the Bills after he left here.

503958[/snapback]

Remember, he re-did his deal in good faith (twice I think, once for sure), and he was sent packing because he said he didn't want to have the #1 spot handed to JP without the chance to compete for it - I'd be angry too. Frankly, I think he deserved better than what he got in Bflo.

I didn't read as much into those comments as you did, I guess.

Remember, he re-did his deal in good faith (twice I think, once for sure), and he was sent packing because he said he didn't want to have the #1 spot handed to JP without the chance to compete for it - I'd be angry too.  Frankly, I think he deserved better than what he got in Bflo.

I didn't read as much into those comments as you did, I guess.

503980[/snapback]

I know what you're saying, but if I had three years to do my job, I'd be at least involving myself in the passing out of the blame. I'm not saying he had a perfect situation in Buffalo......but that's just not feasible in the NFL these days. The QB has to be able to make the players he has BETTER. Maybe I did read into the comments more than most other people did, but they just pissed me off. The one thing I have always been able to say about my Buffalo Bills is that they are an organization I can be proud of. Not to say they're perfect, cause they aren't. But I believe there are good people in this organization, all the way from Ralph Wilson down to the friggin janitors, and I believe they want to win championships. So for Bledsoe to give some sort of indication that this was not the case, or that he was somehow NOT at least a SIGNIFICANT part of the problem during the time he was here, they he can go screw himself. Besides, it couldn't have been THAT bad for him if he was so glowing about the organization prior to the 2004 season. I still remember that sounds of the game program where in the end Bledsoe was shown walking through the tunnel of the stadium talking about how great it was in Buffalo. So for him to just piss on them after they decide to find another solution is crap IMO.

I still remember that sounds of the game program where in the end Bledsoe was shown walking through the tunnel of the stadium talking about how great it was in Buffalo. So for him to just piss on them after they decide to find another solution is crap IMO.

503994[/snapback]

I have a good friend who hates DB now, he claims DB somehow sabotaged the team. I don't just don't get it though. His play can be debated, but he was a class act that had his job handed to a virtual rookie who ended up being benched after 4 games.

From where I sit it looks like he got pissed on and merely pissed back.

I have a good friend who hates DB now, he claims DB somehow sabotaged the team.  I don't just don't get it though.  His play can be debated, but he was a class act that had his job handed to a virtual rookie who ended up being benched after 4 games. 

From where I sit it looks like he got pissed on and merely pissed back.

504008[/snapback]

Well I guess that's just the difference in perspectives, you know? To some of us, three years is plenty of time for a ROOKIE to prove himself.....let alone a well-established pro bowl QB like Bledsoe. I remember how psyched I was prior to the '04 season. I had just gotten NFL Network on cable, we had an exciting offseason, and people really felt like we were going somewhere. I just can't help but get so worked up when I think of some of those games, and the fact that some jerkoff at BK started up with that damn ad campaign doesn't help......I don't care that I laugh my damn arse off every time they play it..... after the commercial is over and done with it just reminds me of what really did happen and how we just should have been better last year.

Well I guess that's just the difference in perspectives, you know? To some of us, three years is plenty of time for a ROOKIE to prove himself.....let alone a well-established pro bowl QB like Bledsoe. I remember how psyched I was prior to the '04 season. I had just gotten NFL Network on cable, we had an exciting offseason, and people really felt like we were going somewhere. I just can't help but get so worked up when I think of some of those games, and the fact that some jerkoff at BK started up with that damn ad campaign doesn't help......I don't care that I laugh my damn arse off every time they play it..... after the commercial is over and done with it just reminds me of what really did happen and how we just should have been better last year.

504019[/snapback]

The thing is, most people wouldn't consider a 9-7 season to be crappy.

CW

Well when the QB throws for 350 yards and 3 TDs, and the team still loses, people say, "See, he sucks because he lost.  Who cares how many yards he threw for?"  Can't have it both ways.

CW

503979[/snapback]

I believe only tardopians make that claim. It's as equally valid as Cowboys winning games 14-13, and all credit goes to the QB.

When Holcomb broke the 250 yd mark last week, it ended a streak that included a lot of Bledsoe games. It was a streak that featured a lot of 14 pt outings by the offense. I'm seeing a lot of those 14 pt games from the Cowboys' offense this year, as well. Cowboys just have the knack of winning those. Go Drew.

The thing is, most people wouldn't consider a 9-7 season to be crappy.

CW

504026[/snapback]

Yes and no.....at least for me, it comes down to those games we should have won.....and I don't mean the NE, Balt, Pitt games....I'm talking the Jax, Oak type games. I just don't think that we're going to really do anything in the playoffs until we have a QB who has *it*. The jury is still out on JP, and will be for a while yet, but for him to come out and beat the Chiefs was HUGE. You just get the sense that the kid has balls......the size of which we haven't seen around these parts since another QB, who I'll refrain from naming at this point since JP hasn't earned the right to be compared to him. I would even go so far as to say that RJ had bigger stones than Bledsoe.....he just didn't have as much talent to go along with them. If Bledsoe had RJs stones, Bledsoe would have rings on his fingers.

Hopefully JP will have both the talent AND the sac to take us to the promised land.

I don't care if 100 people on TSW think he quit, if I don't see any evidence from the lockerroom, coaches, etc, then I'm not buying it.

503976[/snapback]

Please explain AVP's hand injury suffered while trying to keep TKO from ripping off Drew's head.