The Inverse Bad Luck Principle

crazyDingo

Everyone knows Buffalo is the most snakebitten city on Earth and fans of its Pro teams especially know how cruel Fate has mocked us. B word.

A cloud if bad misfortune usually builds up like static electricty around the Bills and always zaps us at bad times.

My theory is that when the Security Guard had his leg broken, he was a karmic lightning rod that absorbed the lingering Bad Luck in the air that was meant to strike Losman and make us endure Shane Matthews for 4 to 6 weeks.

I think JP intuitively knows this and thats why he thanked that Security Guy for "Taking one for the team..."

So heres what I propose:

Halftime Leg Breakings.

Just give it a chance. Security Guards, willing volunteers, of course, are bumped down the stairs at the Ralph until someone's leg breaks. It just might work, and those guys might be willing if it would help the team.

You're reign of terror is over, Fate.

I like the way you think - the only thing I'd change is that I really would prefer the the violent "wiped out from behind" method. It could be a cross promotion done during every TV timeout - lucky fans who have entered the drawing at local Tops stores get to go out to midfield blindfolded to participate in the "Blue Cross BlueShield/Anchor Bar - Take One For The Team" contest. As the fan stands at midfield Billy Buffalo runs full speed from behind and takes the lucky fan out. If the fan breaks an arm or leg they get free wings from anchor Bar for a year - and free emergency room service from Blue Cross.

I believe you are definately on to something here.

But if we really wanted some good karma they'd have female soccer games being played at halftime on the field. At the end of halftime of each game approximately 6 young ladies will have been taken to the ER with torn ACLs. In fact we should up the ante and make sure they're all virgins, because nothing pleases the gods like virgin sacrafice.

Everyone knows Buffalo is the most snakebitten city on Earth and fans of its Pro teams especially know how cruel Fate has mocked us. B word.

A cloud if bad misfortune usually builds up like static electricty around the Bills and always zaps us at bad times.

My theory is that when the Security Guard had his leg broken, he was a karmic lightning rod that absorbed the lingering Bad Luck in the air that was meant to strike Losman and make us endure Shane Matthews for 4 to 6 weeks.

I think JP intuitively knows this and thats why he thanked that Security Guy for "Taking one for the team..."

So heres what I propose:

Halftime Leg Breakings.

Just give it a chance. Security Guards, willing volunteers, of course, are bumped down the stairs at the Ralph until someone's leg breaks.  It just might work, and those guys might be willing  if it would help the team.

You're reign of terror is over, Fate.

502723[/snapback]

One of the funniest posts I've ever read.