people are actually praising the benching now

Johnny

guess he never wowed anyone before, thats why they traded for him, drafted him in the first round and let Bledsoe go....cause maybe they'd get wowed during a bye week

youre watching a tv SHOW .....scripted and all.......they like to give you stories to keep the SHOW interesting

502698[/snapback]

It's this simple. Jp looked awful, so Holcomb was brought it. He played well (Miami, Jets) and then began to look not so good against the Raiders and Pats. JP continues to look better in practice, and with the Holcomb not looking as good, the possibilty of JP playing grows. And what happened, happened.

guess he never wowed anyone before, thats why they traded for him, drafted him in the first round and let Bledsoe go....cause maybe they'd get wowed during a bye week

502698[/snapback]

Now you're just being silly.

There was an interesting article in Bills Digest a couple weeks back about the lightbulb going on for young QBs, sounds like you missed that too.

I respect you for having an opinion, I just couldn't disagree with it more.

Now you're just being silly.

There was an interesting article in Bills Digest a couple weeks back about the lightbulb going on for young QBs, sounds like you missed that too.

I respect you for having an opinion, I just couldn't disagree with it more.

502709[/snapback]

it's frustrating to me, i might be sarcastic sometimes but if they're going to get beat, i'd like to see them get beat with the best they have and keep the proverbial shooting yourself in the foot out of it

In my humble opinion, the Bills are 4-5 with Losman starting all nine games. I believe the Bills would've toppled the Phins and the Jets at home with JP in there (all other aspects being equal, play calling and such, etc.)

But maybe the benching was an alarm for JP. He seemed to handle it well, at least on the sidelines during the games Holcomb started. He may have realized that the job can be taken away just as easily as it was given to him.

But maybe the benching was an alarm for JP.  He seemed to handle it well, at least on the sidelines during the games Holcomb started.  He may have realized that the job can be taken away just as easily as it was given to him.

502720[/snapback]

Wish I posted that.

ok...and going for it on 4th and 1 in your own territory at the beginning of the second quarter down 3-0 was good for the team too...........Mularkey is the one that needs to get some poise

502656[/snapback]

Exactly....This coaching staff is outstmarting itself week-in-week-out.....

Next week, if JP starts, I am predicting that McGahee will get 8 carries.....and

then everything will be blamed on JP again.....

Unless this coaching staff adjusts to play to the strength of this team (on

both offense and defense), we will have wins sandwiched between losses.

The pass happy, deep ball throwing, run 2nd, playcalling wasnt helping him out either....when Holcomb went in, the gameplan changed, we became a run the ball first, safe pass play 2nd team....which could have helped JP out when he was struggling....

502688[/snapback]

Sshh....You are not supposed provide explanations about why JP and the bills

did not succeed against the Falcons/Saints....... :blink:

Next week, if JP starts, I am predicting that McGahee will get 8 carries.....and

then everything will be blamed on JP again.....

502733[/snapback]

I don't recall people blaming everything on JP.

But when your QB throws for 70 yards (especially when only 8 plays are runs as you say), completing ~48%, there is a problem there. As I said in a previous post, we all want him to do well, very well in fact. But his performance was just the opposite.

And let's be clear about one thing - He wasn't the only player not getting the job done, nor (from what I saw) did anyone claim differently.

Going forward, I just hope that he makes the most of his opportunities and becomes the QB we're all hoping he can be.

I don't recall people blaming everything on JP. 

502745[/snapback]

Campy, the fact that people were happy at his benching, when the others

(that you yourself mentioned were also to blame) were given a free pass

(a la Eric Moulds, or pick any player on the OL)...amounts to people putting

the blame on the starting QB, especially when we won the next two games

against two pathetic teams in the Jets and Dolphins....