people are actually praising the benching now

Johnny

whatever........we could have been seeing that in the 4th quarter of the Saints game........we'll never know

502622[/snapback]

I praise it too. I think Holcomb is a good backup, and i think yesterday showed Losman did need SOMETHING to get that attitude back. He said it himself, being benched pissed him off, and now he's not thinking so much about throwing the prefect touch pass. He's just playing. I am a Losman guy myself, but he needed a timeout. Lets just hope 4 weeks was the perfect amount of time.

I am a Losman guy myself, but he needed a timeout.

502627[/snapback]

Exactly. It looked to me like the benching helped him. As I said elsewhere, he actually looked like a legit NFL QB and not a happy-footed poor man's Vick yesterday.

ok...and going for it on 4th and 1 in your own territory at the beginning of the second quarter down 3-0 was good for the team too...........Mularkey is the one that needs to get some poise

502656[/snapback]

Yes, I agree. Mularkey in the worst coach we have had in the past 15 years. However, what does this have to do with your initial post?

Yes, I agree. Mularkey in the worst coach we have had in the past 15 years. However, what does this have to do with your initial post?

502660[/snapback]

Shh. He's on a roll... (apologies to Animal House)

yeah and we kept the wrong running back.......i dont buy it

502669[/snapback]

:rolleyes:

Johnny, my Bills brother, take a deep breath and count to ten.

JP was playing some pretty crappy football. People can go on about play-calling, the personnel, the offensive line, the coaches, etc, and they might have some legit beefs, but it doesn't change the fact that save for the Texans game, Losman was unable to deliver a pass within 10 yards of open receivers.

He seems to have benefited by taking a step back, and that's a good thing. We're all Bills fans and we all want him to have a stellar career in Bflo, but let's not pretend that his play in the first quarter of the season was acceptable by any stretch of the imagination.

I was referring to you, not stojan! :(  <_<

502670[/snapback]

.....mularkey gets some dumb luck with KH getting concussed and you guys think hey Losman was seasoned on the bench just right ? Open your eyes :rolleyes: the guy is making lousy decisions ...we'd be 3-6 right now and trying to go to san diego to win with Holcomb

JP wasnt getting better, he was looking worse and worse.  The benching WAS a good thing.

502665[/snapback]

The pass happy, deep ball throwing, run 2nd, playcalling wasnt helping him out either....when Holcomb went in, the gameplan changed, we became a run the ball first, safe pass play 2nd team....which could have helped JP out when he was struggling....

Hopefully TC doesnt fall in love with those two throws JP made in the game yesterday....Hopefully he keeps the gameplan the same, with an occasional deep ball here and there....

.....mularkey gets some dumb luck with KH getting concussed and you guys think hey Losman was seasoned on the bench just right ?  Open your eyes the guy is making lousy decisions ...we'd be 3-6 right now and trying to go to san diego to win with Holcomb

502682[/snapback]

I gather you weren't able to catch espn's Mort before the game. He was on (at about noon, give or take) and said something along the lines of JP was throwing the ball very accurately, that he had wowed the coaches and his teammates during practice the previous week. Mort said that the Bills were expect to use JP in the Chiefs' game and phase him back in as "the guy."

I know the coaches didn't foresee the injury to KH, but it sure sounded like JP's lightbulb was switched on during the bye, and that he was going to see some action.

The pass happy, deep ball throwing, run 2nd, playcalling wasnt helping him out either....when Holcomb went in, the gameplan changed, we became a run the ball first, safe pass play 2nd team....which could have helped JP out when he was struggling....

Hopefully TC doesnt fall in love with those two throws JP made in the game yesterday....Hopefully he keeps the gameplan the same, with an occasional deep ball here and there....

502688[/snapback]

Im not sure I buy all of that. How much of it was JP wanting to throw deep compared to the actual play calling. Holcomb had the rep as a gun slinger type who liked to go deep. I have a hard time thinking that when the "rookie" was in the gameplan was not as simple as it was for Holcomb. As far as the number of runs go, we ran more with Holcomb because we had the ball longer and ran more plays. That might have something to do with Holcomb's 3rd ranked comp. %.

The pass happy, deep ball throwing, run 2nd, playcalling wasnt helping him out

502688[/snapback]

Huh? Despite who is playing QB, hasn't everyone at least agreed that the play calling has been horrendous, for most of the season? The New England game, IMO, was the only game that I didn't take major exception to some of the play calling. Holcomb was off to a poor start yesterday, but the play calling was making him look all the worse....the 4th & 1 attempt at a gadget play was maybe one of the very worse calls I have ever seen, given the situation. The Chiefs D-line was dominating our "new" O-line lineup up to that point. Holcomb sure looked slow, but not throwing it to McGahee (the intended receiver) was perhaps his smartest play...it would at best, been a completed pass for -5 yards, at worst, picked off by one of the two KC defenders in McGahees face, and returned for a TD!

I really liked Mularkey, and thought he did a tremendous job of keeping this team focused in 2004. In 2005, I am not sure if it his him, or Tom Clements, but somebody needs to make the decision to stop calling plays, like we are an 8-0 team, trying to think of fun ways to score, because we are bored with being so good....

guess he never wowed anyone before, thats why they traded for him, drafted him in the first round and let Bledsoe go....cause maybe they'd get wowed during a bye week

youre watching a tv SHOW .....scripted and all.......they like to give you stories to keep the SHOW interesting