Theory of Dumb Design

EC-Bills

"Theory of Dumb Design"

Or, "General Motors Engine Specifications."

(Especially when they have designs where you need to take apart half the engine and be triple-jointed just to be able to reach the oil filter, for those of us who are too frugal and untrusting to let another man touch your car except for major repairs.)

(Especially when they have designs where you need to take apart half the engine and be triple-jointed just to be able to reach the oil filter, for those of us who are too frugal and untrusting to let another man touch your car except for major repairs.)

503285[/snapback]

You just dont know what the eff youre doing..or youre using the wrong tools.

503285[/snapback]

You're too young to remember the Chevy Monza, made in the mid 70s. One group of engineers designed the engine and another the body. End result, You had to loosen the motor mounts on one side to change the spark plugs. Chevy offered to do it for free once it was known what happened.

The Pontuiac Fiero was a 2 seat sports car with a mid engine. The car was so narrow and short, that the driver had to sit at a slight angle. The wheel well took up part of the space straight ahead. The trunk (in front) could only hold a twelve pack and it had a mini-spare (like most cars do today. Because of the small trunk, if you had a passenger and a flat tire, one of them had to be left at the side of the road.

You're too young to remember the Chevy Monza, made in the mid 70s. One group of engineers designed the engine and another the body. End result, You had to loosen the motor mounts on one side to change the spark plugs. Chevy offered to do it for free once it was known what happened.

The Pontuiac Fiero was a 2 seat sports car with a mid engine. The  car was so narrow and short, that the driver had to sit at a slight angle. The wheel well took up part of the space straight ahead. The trunk (in front) could only hold a twelve pack and it had a mini-spare (like most cars do today. Because of the small trunk, if you had a passenger and a flat tire, one of them had to be left at the side of the road.

503354[/snapback]

Is a Pontuiac like a Pontiac? :lol:

You just dont know what the eff youre doing..or youre using the wrong tools.

503347[/snapback]

Theory of devil in the details...Ever work on a ford with a 351, three different models and the parts are non interchangeable....where a G.M. 350 are for the most part, car or truck interchangeable...Going to the junkyard looking for 350 parts is easy, for 351 parts is a nice day in hell...

Nothing better than someone trying to play "Im smarter than you" ending up proving how much HE doesnt know about the subject at hand.

504078[/snapback]

1) I AM smarter than you, dumbass. I don't need to play.

2) This is the internet, sonny, not a garage. When I feel compelled to prove what I know about cars, I'll shut off the computer and go work on a !@#$in' car. ;)

1) I AM smarter than you, dumbass.  I don't need to play.

2) This is the internet, sonny, not a garage.  When I feel compelled to prove what I know about cars, I'll shut off the computer and go work on a !@#$in' car.   ;)

504085[/snapback]

Holy sh--.

I dont know whats better...the fact that I made you look like a complete maroon, the fact that I obviously just pissed you off so much, or the fact that from here on out every time you open your big trap about what you "know", Im going to shove that second quote right down your piehole. All I need to do is swap out the subject at hand with the "car" reference.

"This is the Internet, sonny..."

Talk about the gift that keeps on giving.........

ROTFL!!!!!!!! CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. When you turn your PC off and want to discuss auto parts, let me know.....BWAAAAHHHHAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

And one more thing.....I dont CARE that you "know" more than me. Its never been about how much you "know". God knows, youre so old, you would know more than me on the trivial BS you spout off about here based on that fact alone. But the fact that you'd whip my (and a lot of other people's) ass at Trivial Pursuit doesn't A) impress me or B) make you any less of an !@#$. You should try to remember that sometime.

Not only do the auto engineers fathom ways to make repairs difficult, and costly with the multitude of various tools needed to remove parts... Then after you dissesemled your rear brakes, the new shoes do not fit...Back to the parts store you go without your vehicle ;)

Holy sh--.

I dont know whats better...the fact that I made you look like a complete maroon, the fact that I obviously just pissed you off so much, or the fact that from here on out every time you open your big trap about what you "know", Im going to shove that second quote right down your piehole. All I need to do is swap out the subject at hand with the "car" reference.

P.S. When you turn your PC off and want to discuss auto parts, let me know.....BWAAAAHHHHAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

And one more thing.....I dont CARE that you "know" more than me. Its never been about how much you "know". God knows, youre so old, you would know more than me on the trivial BS you spout off about here based on that fact alone. But the fact that you'd whip my (and a lot of other people's) ass at Trivial Pursuit doesn't A)  impress me or B) make you any less of an !@#$. You should try to remember that sometime.

504102[/snapback]

You're really giving yourself an awful lot of undue credit.

Holy sh--.

And one more thing.....I dont CARE that you "know" more than me. Its never been about how much you "know". God knows, youre so old, you would know more than me on the trivial BS you spout off about here based on that fact alone. But the fact that you'd whip my (and a lot of other people's) ass at Trivial Pursuit doesn't A)  impress me or B) make you any less of an !@#$. You should try to remember that sometime.

504102[/snapback]

You made me look like a complete maroon? Because you worked as a "counterman" [sic].

Guess what, kid. I've worked on cars. ;)