Mike Williams

Thailog80

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Astrobot @ Nov 13 2005, 03:42 PM)

Yes, Gandy's one of our Best 5 Linemen.

Which 5 guys currently on the roster are better?

My point was that Gandy IS one of our best 5 linemen, and if he is, we're still in need of linemen. I apologize for my obfuscation.

My point was that Gandy IS one of our best 5 linemen, and if he is, we're still in need of linemen. I apologize for my obfuscation.

No one has claimed they want Gandy as a long-term answer at LT. I'm looking for Peters to take over LT next year and have Gandy slide over to LG. Preston takes center and Villy stays at RG unless Geisinger comes on (which I hope). However with Big Mike sucking, I don't know who plays RT. <_<

Big Mike's problems today were not physical. He simply does not know the Guard's pass-blocking assignments. He had no idea what to do when the DT was coming around the inside twist of the DE. He was suppossed to pick up the DT on the outside. That is a simple play - he was dumbfounded by the blitz/

This has me troubled for one reason - as a seasoned tackle he should know the Guard's responsibility. He knows who the tackle picks up in certain circumstances so he should know the guard's corresponding assignment.

Maybe the Guard position is not "instinctual" yet so that he can simply react and not think. I hope that is all it is and with a week or two of practice he can step in at guard and improve this line.

"Maybe the Guard position is not "instinctual" yet so that he can simply react and not think."

A lot of folks here seem to think that moving from OT to OG is just like changing batteries in a flashlight. That is very wrong. It takes time and experience. Whether its Mike or Geisinger, for goodness sake, let the guy play there a few games before hooking him.

"Maybe the Guard position is not "instinctual" yet so that he can simply react and not think."

A lot of folks here seem to think that moving from OT to OG is just like changing batteries in a flashlight.  That is very wrong.  It takes time and experience.  Whether its Mike or Geisinger, for goodness sake, let the guy play there a few games before hooking him.

502006[/snapback]

That's enough of the common sense here, pardner. You're gonna lose your seat at the retard rodeo with posts like that.

A lot of folks here seem to think that moving from OT to OG is just like changing batteries in a flashlight.  That is very wrong.  It takes time and experience.  Whether its Mike or Geisinger, for goodness sake, let the guy play there a few games before hooking him.

I agree, but with Big Mike's salary, I don't think he's GOT long to prove himself at guard. Geisinger is a rookie just adapting to the NFL, much less to OG, and is making peanuts.

I agree, but with Big Mike's salary, I don't think he's GOT long to prove himself at guard.  Geisinger is a rookie just adapting to the NFL, much less to OG, and is making peanuts.

502021[/snapback]

Peanuts are appropriate for Jumbo Mike.