Throwbacks

ARTnSocal

This subject hasn't been brought up lately.

Since the Chargers are breaking out their Powder Blue throwbacks, does anyone know if there's any chance we'll break ours

out too, but re-introduce the white jersey from 1965 so they don't clash ??

This subject hasn't been brought up lately.

Since the Chargers are breaking out their Powder Blue throwbacks, does anyone know if there's any chance we'll break ours

out too, but re-introduce the white jersey from 1965 so they don't clash ??

502376[/snapback]

My understanding is that they league only allows the teams to wear the throwbacks twice a year and the Bills wore theirs in the first two weeks. It would have been cool (for us old timers) to see the Chargers and Bills in full retro mode, but unless the league gives some kind of exemption, it looks like the Bills will be wearing their vintage 2003 throwback away unis.

My understanding is that they league only allows the teams to wear the throwbacks twice a year and the Bills wore theirs in the first two weeks. It would have been cool (for us old timers) to see the Chargers and Bills in full retro mode, but unless the league gives some kind of exemption, it looks like the Bills will be wearing their vintage 2003 throwback away unis.

502381[/snapback]

I'll tell you the same thing I've said to everyone else.

In 2002 the REDSKINS wore their '65-'69 throwbacks for half the season.

In 1994 the NFL made an exception at the 49ers request to wear their throwbacks for more than just the 2 game maximum. They ever wore them in the Super Bowl game over the Chargers.

Remember, the ones w/ the white pants rather than the burnished gold ones ??

I'm so sick of the BLUE ON BLUE ... and NAVY is NOT BILLS tradition ... at least switch back to the white pants at home

Originally, the Bills planned on wearing the throwbacks for the Chargers game and the Texans game.

As you know, they decided to wear them for the Bucs game after winning the Texans' game wearing them.

502414[/snapback]

Weren't they exempted because the Bucs were wearing their whites at home?

Originally, the Bills planned on wearing the throwbacks for the Chargers game and the Texans game.

502414[/snapback]

That's NOT possible Peter.

We don't have a throwback with a white jersey, only the colbait blue.

If we planned on doing that, our jerseys would clash with the Chargers powder blues

:rolleyes:

That's NOT possible Peter.

We don't have a throwback with a white jersey, only the colbait blue.

If we planned on doing that, our jerseys would clash with the Chargers powder blues

502436[/snapback]

All I can tell you is that is what was reported before the season. The Bills originally planned on wearing our throwback "home" uniform at home against the Texans and away against the Chargers.

Originally, the Bills planned on wearing the throwbacks for the Chargers game and the Texans game

I heard they planned to wear them at the Texans game (opener) and the Miami game on Oct 9 because of Thurman going onto the "wall". Then they changed it right after we won the opener.

Can anyone clarify?

I thought the plan change for the Bucs was to partially offset the "heat factor." Bucs choose white at home in Sept/Oct to make the visiting team wear their darks, so the Bills chose their throwback darks, which were lighter in color, and also had the white pants. In other words, it had less to do with superstition and more to do with practicality....

As you know, they decided to wear them for the Bucs game after winning the Texans' game wearing them.

502414[/snapback]

I thought originally the Bills were to wear the throwbacks for the Houston and Denver game. I really hope they do wear them for the Denver game. I can't wait till next year when we can finally get rid of our current putrid unis.

All I can tell you is that is what was reported before the season.  The Bills originally planned on wearing our throwback "home" uniform at home against the Texans and away against the Chargers.

502471[/snapback]

The Chagers game was mentioned in articles but only as specualtion. the official statement from the Bills was Texans plus one road game.

I'll tell you the same thing I've said to everyone else.

In 2002 the REDSKINS wore their '65-'69 throwbacks for half the season.

In 1994 the NFL made an exception at the 49ers request to wear their throwbacks for more than just the 2 game maximum. They ever wore them in the Super Bowl game over the Chargers.

Remember, the ones w/ the white pants rather than the burnished gold ones ??

I'm so sick of the BLUE ON BLUE ... and NAVY  is NOT BILLS tradition ... at least switch back to the white pants at home

502385[/snapback]

I'm not sure about the Skins, but I read somewhere that the 9ers got fined every time (after 2) that they wore their throwbacks. They kept doing it anyway.

I'm so sick of the BLUE ON BLUE ... and NAVY  is NOT BILLS tradition ... at least switch back to the white pants at home

502385[/snapback]

I'm with you man. That's a whole 'nother topic but i too HATE the blue on blue uni's. It's enough already. The white pants make the navy jersey look better imo.

I'm with you man.  That's a whole 'nother topic but i too HATE the blue on blue uni's.  It's enough already.  The white pants make the navy jersey look better imo.

502576[/snapback]

nah,. the blue on blue looks good. the white pants really dont do it. Keep navy on navy for the home jerseys.

And for those of you thinking that we are switching back to the throwbacks permanently, dont wait up at night. The navy jerseys are well liked and we sell a lot of them. We arent gonna change again, 4 years after we changed in the first place.