guess it takes about 4 games

Johnny

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, the ball was under thrown (though not "badly").  However, what Losman does that Holcomb doesn't do is actually throw the ball downfield and give his WRs a chance to make a play.  It paid off twice today.  The passes don’t have to always be perfect (though Losman’s second TD was as perfect as it gets).

There were lots of people who kept saying that the reason Holcomb doesn't throw the ball downfield (or even on the intermediate throws) is because he doesn't have time to throw.  How is it that the moment Losman comes into the game there's suddenly time to throw something more than a 10 yard pass?

501918[/snapback]

I was wondering that too. Early in the season the coaches gave JP some long shots down the field. Whatever MM/TD say at press coferences aside, could it be that they weren't calling those plays for KH? Maybe no confidence in his arm and/or the line in those games?

Agreed, the ball was under thrown (though not "badly").  However, what Losman does that Holcomb doesn't do is actually throw the ball downfield and give his WRs a chance to make a play.  It paid off twice today.  The passes don’t have to always be perfect (though Losman’s second TD was as perfect as it gets).

There were lots of people who kept saying that the reason Holcomb doesn't throw the ball downfield (or even intermediate throws) is because he doesn't have time to throw.  How is it that the moment Losman comes into the game there's suddenly time to throw something more than a 10 yard pass?

501918[/snapback]

Actually, it was only slightly underthrown to Evans. Evans slowed down for no reason and then jumped. It wasn't really under thrown for the defender who just never got there. It looked a lot more underthrown in real speed but if Evans didnt stop and then jump it would have hit him more in stride.

I should add I wasn't talking only about MBD's post,  but rather the fact that it seemed to be happening all week.  There's even one poster who has a 500-word essay in his signature bar about Bruschi...

501935[/snapback]

Oh, I get the "Bruschi thing has jumped the shark". In fact, I posted about it earlier this afternoon.

Guest BackInDaDay

There were lots of people who kept saying that the reason Holcomb doesn't throw the ball downfield (or even intermediate throws) is because he doesn't have time to throw.  How is it that the moment Losman comes into the game there's suddenly time to throw something more than a 10 yard pass?

501918[/snapback]

There's another post concerning Mularkey's less-than-elated response to those TD pass plays to Evans. Maybe JP didn't go thru his progression properly and skipped to the deep pass. Coaches are funny that way. On one hand you're happy to see your kid making plays, but on the other hand you're aware that the next time that may result in a pick. I would expect him to furrow his brow when JP's in the room, but I can see him and Wyche smiling after he leaves.

Reality check.  Losman connected on two deep routes, one he underthrew badly but Evans made a very nice play.  Everyone will jump up and down and claim Losman was terrific just because we won.  Next week, when JP stinks it up you'll be calling for Holcomb.  It never changes.

501857[/snapback]

Under thrown in order to keep between 2 defenders that were closing, and finally some true flashes of brilliance which is what most were concerned about.

...finally some true flashes of brilliance...

502104[/snapback]

:doh: Flashes of "brilliance"? I saw: some pretty good deep throws, reasonably on-target short throws, awareness of when to scramble and when to throw it away. More flashes of "competence" than "brilliance".

...which is what most were concerned about.

Again..."competence". <_<

:doh:  Flashes of "brilliance"?  I saw: some pretty good deep throws, reasonably on-target short throws, awareness of when to scramble and when to throw it away.  More flashes of "competence" than "brilliance".

Again..."competence".  <_<

502108[/snapback]

don't forget .....touch when he needed touch and bb's (bullets, rockets, whatever) when the situation called for it

:doh:  Flashes of "brilliance"?  I saw: some pretty good deep throws, reasonably on-target short throws, awareness of when to scramble and when to throw it away.  More flashes of "competence" than "brilliance".

Again..."competence".  <_<

502108[/snapback]

Not only are you nuts but you're insane. The second pass to Evans could not have been thrown a foot shorter or foot longer and it was the difference in the game by a longshot. That was a perfect pass anyway you look at it. The difference between the Cheifs playing 11 points down and 4 points down was immeasurable

Not only are you nuts but you're insane. The second pass to Evans could not have been thrown a foot shorter or  foot longer and it was the difference in the game by a longshot. That was a perfect pass anyway you look at it. The difference between the Cheifs playing 11 points down and 4 points down was immeasurable

502115[/snapback]

Some on this board may have a crow( the size of a turkey) dinner prepared for them by season's end. I will enjoy watching the feathers fly.

Not only are you nuts but you're insane. The second pass to Evans could not have been thrown a foot shorter or  foot longer and it was the difference in the game by a longshot. That was a perfect pass anyway you look at it. The difference between the Cheifs playing 11 points down and 4 points down was immeasurable

502115[/snapback]

Right. Because a QB does what a pro QB is supposed to be capable of, he's "brilliant".

And I'm the one that's nuts. <_<

Right.  Because a QB does what a pro QB is supposed to be capable of, he's "brilliant". 

And I'm the one that's nuts.  <_<

502128[/snapback]

I have no idea what it would take for a QB to be "brilliant" on a football field... it's a football game, not the Manhattan Project.

I do know that was one !@#$ing bad ass pass though... :doh:

Right.  Because a QB does what a pro QB is supposed to be capable of, he's "brilliant". 

And I'm the one that's nuts.  <_<

502128[/snapback]

No, that was not a competent pass, that was a perfect pass. And not an easy pass. A competent pass would not have been a touchdown and would not have put the Bills ahead by 11 points.

No, that was not a competent pass, that was a perfect pass. And not an easy pass.  A competent pass would not have been a touchdown and would not have put the Bills ahead by 11 points.

502136[/snapback]

Doing one's job as one is expected to do it is a pretty damned low standard of "brilliance". <_<

Had it been "brilliant", then Evans, half a step beyond the coverage, would have caught the ball in stride and not turned half-around to get it. Losman did a great job throwing the ball over the coverage, but he relied as much on Evans to make the play as he did on his arm. It was merely competent...and frankly, I'm fine with that. If Trent Dilfer can win a Superbowl, "competent" is more than enough for me.

Doing one's job as one is expected to do it is a pretty damned low standard of "brilliance".  <_<

Had it been "brilliant", then Evans, half a step beyond the coverage, would have caught the ball in stride and not turned half-around to get it.  Losman did a great job throwing the ball over the coverage, but he relied as much on Evans to make the play as he did on his arm.  It was merely competent...and frankly, I'm fine with that.  If Trent Dilfer can win a Superbowl, "competent" is more than enough for me.

502143[/snapback]

There was a defender right on him! There was an end line stopping him from throwing it six inches further. Evans never broke stride at all he ran full speed and reached out and caught it in the only place it could have possibly be thrown. I really can't believe anyone in the world would not think that was a perfect pass.