What are your Top 10 Athletes who look...

SDS

The Baltimore Sun had an article today about the top 10 athletes who look out for themsleves more than others...

10. Randy Moss

9. Dennis Rodman

8. Romo

7. 1919 White Sox

6. Pete Rose

5. T. O.

4. Scottie Pippen

3. Tonya Harding

2. Rafael Palmeiro

1. Kobe Bryant

was their list...

I have an argument on this topic that might not be accepted by most of you. It seems to me that some of the greatest players of all time looked out for themselves before team. I think that, with these players, when they have the drive to make themselves as great as they became, there has to be some selfishness. They didn't become what they became for the team.

Michael Jordan was all about himself, he would give 100% no matter what, because he wanted to win, but he won for his own competitive spirit, not for his teammates.

Deion Sanders: one of the best CBs of his time, one of the best showmen of his time.

Jerry Rice: Best WR of all time. If he didn't get the ball, he was pissed. That's probably why he turned out to be so great.

It seems to me that champions that are selfish get off the hook. If Michael Jordan never won a championship, how would we see him today? Would he not be the guy who was a great individual player, averaging 30 ppg, but could never play within the team concept?

Most great receivers want the ball and if they dont get it, they complain, I think that's just part of the mindset they have as playmakers.

Now, TO is a different story, because he has openly bashed his entire organization, including the guy that's throwing him the ball. Plus, he wouldn't shut up about his contract that he signed the previous year. I just think that he's a person who's never grown up.

10 Worst Teammates as active "players".

These guys are just terrible teammates

Jeff Gordon / Special to FOXSports.com

Posted: 2 days ago   

Terrell Owens is a terrible teammate. His character flaws have become famous, thanks to the breathless 24/7 media coverage of his rift with quarterback Donovan McNabb, his training room fight with Hugh Douglas and his conflict with all things Philadelphia Eagle.

But T.O. is hardly unique in the world of sports. There are lousy teammates at every level of competition. There always have been, and there always will be.

For every Joe Montana born into the world, there is a Ryan Leaf or Cade McNown: two cribs over aggravating all the other infants in the nursery.

For every savvy team leader like Eddie Murray, there is a bonehead like Albert Belle. For every good guy like Vinny Testaverde playing into old age, there is a mope like Jeff George pouting his way to premature retirement.

Jeff George's fall from grace was anything but pretty.

What makes a teammate bad? The transgressions are familiar: Finger-pointing, loafing, ball-hogging, rookie dogging, blame dodging, headline grabbing, cold shouldering, back stabbing, hot tub malingering, clubhouse lawyering, excessive preening, duty shirking, tab ducking, wife stealing . . . and the list goes on and on.

Some skirmishing within a team is natural, given the high level of testosterone. NFL and NHL training camps routinely feature fistfights when the drills and scrimmages become too heated. NBA and college basketball practices feature plenty of rough-housing as well.

In a different era, the classic Oakland A's teams were always fighting. Fiery Bill "Mad Dog" Madlock battled teammates at several stops. When hockey legend Eddie Shack aggravated Toronto teammate Tim Horton during a card match in a train car, legend has it that Horton choked him into unconsciousness before other Leafs pulled him off.

Sometimes it isn't easy for teammates to coexist. How about the 1994 U.S. women's Olympic figure skating team: Tonya Harding, Kristi Yamaguchi and Nancy Kerrigan? Harding's henchmen tried to take out Kerrigan with a hair-brained hit on her precious leg at the U.S. Figure Skating Championship.

That made things a little tense at the Winter Games in Lillehammer.

In recent years, we have winced at plenty of extreme, well-publicized examples of team discord. USC receiver Steve Smith fought with teammate Dominique Byrd earlier this year, breaking his jaw. (They reportedly brawled over the outcome of a John Madden video game).

Bill Romanowski, an admitted steroid abuser, attacked teammate Marcus Williams during an Oakland Raiders practice and inflicted a career-ending eye injury. Litigation by Williams and a tearful "60 Minutes" confession by Romanowski followed.

In the worst example of all, Carlton Dotson murdered his former Baylor University basketball teammate Patrick Dennehy.

Who are the worst teammates in sports today? After Owens, the reigning champion, here are 10 top candidates for the honor:

Read the article for the 10 worst in todays sports, after the most obvious, terrall owens

At first I thought this was a list of athletes in team sports... but Tonya Harding is on the list, too. So, if it also includes individual sports, you'd have to add Mohammed Ali and Mike Tyson.