Key to the KC game: Aaron Schobel

AKC

Just watched some of the Raider/Chiefs game from last week. The Celebrity factor is high with Michael McDonald running the Raider D and Burgess Meredith coaching the Chiefs DLine, but the Chiefs fill-in for Willie Roaf is clearly underpowered and underskilled. I'll lose an awful lot of faith in Aaron Schobel if he doesn't raise Jordan Black's sacks allowed this year from 5 to 7.

Just watched some of the Raider/Chiefs game from last week. The Celebrity factor is high with Michael McDonald running the Raider D and Burgess Meredith coaching the Chiefs DLine, but the Chiefs fill-in for Willie Roaf is clearly underpowered and underskilled. I'll lose an awful lot of faith in Aaron Schobel if he doesn't raise Jordan Black's sacks allowed this year from 5 to 7.

500972[/snapback]

Agreed. They're solid up the middle, but have just as many questions at tackle right now as we do.

Maybe more.

Nice call hoss.

The show-bull was an absolute terror today.

501564[/snapback]

4 tackles, 2 sacks- I don't have a stat source for pressures but I have to say I've never seen Green look that uncomfortable.

KC might want to forfeit the balance of their games until Roaf heals up or they'll be looking for a new QB. Unless, of course, they intend to start Todd Collins in '06.

4 tackles, 2 sacks- I don't have a stat source for pressures but I have to say I've never seen Green look that uncomfortable.

KC might want to forfeit the balance of their games until Roaf heals up or they'll be looking for a new QB. Unless, of course, they intend to start Todd Collins in '06.

502876[/snapback]

Ditto the nice call, AKC.

Btw, brother Matt is a FA with the B'gals next year. Has some good moments, decent blocker, and decent special teamer. He would be worthwile for most clubs to take a look.

I think the B'gals will try to hang on to him, though. Won't pay big money.

A good pass-catching TE in the draft will help Palmer, especailly since the Rosenhaus represented Chad Johnson will likely hold out and move on.

4 tackles, 2 sacks- I don't have a stat source for pressures ......

I don't know the pressure numbers either but he was in the backfield all day. I was laughing my ass off when he'd occasionally bust out his inside spin and leave that Tackle jabbing air. :blink:

And about halfway through the 3rd I was wondering if a Todd Collins sighting was inevitable.

I don't know the pressure numbers either but he was in the backfield all day. I was laughing my ass off when he'd occasionally bust out his inside spin and leave that Tackle jabbing air.  :blink:

And about halfway through the 3rd I was wondering if a Todd Collins sighting was inevitable.

502918[/snapback]

I've never seen Aaron play with so much lean before until yesterday. He looked like a slalom or GS skier out there for god's sake. It was pretty evident he was putting forth a ton of effort and he seems to continue to improve his technique.

I've never seen Aaron paly with so much lean before until yesterday. He looked like a slalom or GS skier out there for god's sake. It was pretty evident he was putting forth a ton of effort and he seems to continue to improve his technique.

502935[/snapback]

Smelling blood during film sessions all week long'll sometimes do that for a DE.

In a game where we managed only 9 first downs ourselves while allowing 22, the problems we caused KC when they foolishly abandoned their 5 yards a carry running attack shows the vulnerability of a passing first offense. There are simply no circumstances under which KC should have left that field without a W yesterday, yet their coaches refusal to trust his running game in favor of a frantic passing offense being pressured regularly allowed us to win it all. There's 20 coaches in the NFL who would have won that game on the KC sidelines- but Dick Vermiel is not among them.

Smelling blood during film sessions all week long'll sometimes do that for a DE.

In a game where we managed only 9 first downs ourselves while allowing 22, the problems we caused KC when they foolishly abandoned their 5 yards a carry running attack shows the vulnerability of a passing first offense. There are simply no circumstances under which KC should have left that field without a W yesterday, yet their coaches refusal to trust his running game in favor of a frantic passing offense being pressured regularly allowed us to win it all. There's 20 coaches in the NFL who would have won that game on the KC sidelines- but Dick Vermiel is not among them.

502963[/snapback]

But he's a genius. He won that Super Bowl and made that ballsy call last week.

But he's a genius. He won that Super Bowl and made that ballsy call last week.

502964[/snapback]

My old dog caught a ferret. Only happened once.

BTW- you missed a "good outing" yesterday- I relayed your Kelly Holcomb message sometime after our first TD throw and I have been assured by its intended recipient that you are going straight to hell 3-

On this note, it seems that the vast majority of NFL teams have this same disease. On third and 3 or longer, they will not run the ball, unless it's a draw out of a spread formation. I simply don't understand this "trend"  :blink:

502978[/snapback]

I have little positive to say about the perpetually constipated Steeler coach, yet he has no problem at all running the ball on third and 3.

Wonder if the "trend" in Pitt of successful teams has anything to do with that?

I have little positive to say about the perpetually constipated Steeler coach, yet he has no problem at all running the ball on third and 3.

Wonder if the "trend" in Pitt of successful teams has anything to do with that?

502981[/snapback]

Yep, he is definitely one of the few willing to do it. Of course I've never seen ANY team in the modern era as commited to the run as Pitt.

I've never seen Aaron play with so much lean before until yesterday

A couple times he had so much that he actually fell flat on his face when no blockers could get there to hold him up. :D

it seems that the vast majority of NFL teams have this same disease. On third and 3 or longer, they will not run the ball, unless it's a draw out of a spread formation. I simply don't understand this "trend".....

What I don't understand is why we've gotten away from it. We were having tremendous success last year converting those "tweener" 3rddowns on the ground (usually on a draw out of the spread), so much so that I actually ended up saying something about our self-scouting needing to be careful we don't get caught relying too much on it. It never became a problem as we continued to do it succesfully throughout the year, but now this year it's like they've just completely pulled a very successful strategy from the call sheet. I don't get it. :blink:

The Celebrity factor is high with Michael McDonald running the Raider D and Burgess Meredith coaching the Chiefs DLine

500972[/snapback]

:lol:

Which reminds me, I haven't noticed where ST coach Joe "1.21 Gigawatts" Avezzano ended up. I need to get Sunday Ticket back.