How do I get out of this-

Pete

You've got to be kidding.  "I got invited to dinner...what do I do?"  :rolleyes:

You go...or you don't.  This ain't brokering peace between Israel and Egypt, it's a goddamned meal, you friggin' drama queen.

501096[/snapback]

And this is simply the best post I've read in a while.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This girls I am friends with wants me badly.  She invited me over for dinner tonight and I am not interested.  Shes hot as hell but carrys way too much baggage.  Plus I live in a small town and she knows everyone.  I got an email saying call her when I got home and to come over for dinner...what to do?

sorry I meant this for the OT forum- please move

500914[/snapback]

Dude, you could at least respond to your own thread so we don't think some chick is looking to make a Pete body suit. "It puts the lotion in the basket..."

I called and said I had other plans which I did. I dont want to give out too much information on this girl but the baggage includes a ex boyfriend still in love with her and I know the guy, she has a kid, and plus I have warning signs to stay away. She is a little too into me. Stuff like I ask her what shes been up to-"I have been biking lots". I know she hasnt been biking lots- she just says whatever trying to impress me. She left a message for me out of the blue- I had not seen her for over a month. The message was come over for dinner tonight and we can watch a few movies after-kind of a random message after not speaking with each other for a month. Lots other stuff along those lines. I do not want to go over there because like I said she is really hot and when she puts the moves on me I will hit it. I cant help it. The point of the thread was how to say your not interested politely. I hate dumping girls and I feel its rude to say no I dont want to go to your house for dinner.

I called and said I had other plans which I did.  I dont want to give out too much information on this girl but the baggage includes a ex boyfriend still in love with her and I know the guy, she has a kid, and plus I have warning signs to stay away.  She is a little too into me.  Stuff like I ask her what shes been up to-"I have been biking lots".  I know she hasnt been biking lots- she just says whatever trying to impress me.  She left a message for me out of the blue- I had not seen her for over a month.  The message was come over for dinner tonight and we can watch a few movies after-kind of a random message after not speaking with each other for a month.  Lots other stuff along those lines.  I do not want to go over there because like I said she is really hot and when she puts the moves on me I will hit it.  I cant help it.  The point of the thread was how to say your not interested politely.  I hate dumping girls and I feel its rude to say no I dont want to go to your house for dinner.

503021[/snapback]

You're an idiot. And that has nothing to do with sex. If you are legitimate at all, good friends are hard to find.

Figure it out.

503073[/snapback]

Man talk about a rush to judgment. The ex boyfriend is a friend of mine so I am not sure what your "good friend" comment was about. There are lots of other issues that I am not gonna discuss. I am looking out for the girl

Man talk about a rush to judgment.  The ex boyfriend is a friend of mine so I am not sure what your "good friend" comment was about. There are lots of other issues that I am not gonna discuss.  I am looking out for the girl

503081[/snapback]

what he means is, it doesnt necessarily mean that she wants to jam you, maybe she wants to be your friend.

I called and said I had other plans which I did.  I dont want to give out too much information on this girl but the baggage includes a ex boyfriend still in love with her and I know the guy, she has a kid, and plus I have warning signs to stay away.  She is a little too into me.  Stuff like I ask her what shes been up to-"I have been biking lots".  I know she hasnt been biking lots- she just says whatever trying to impress me.  She left a message for me out of the blue- I had not seen her for over a month.  The message was come over for dinner tonight and we can watch a few movies after-kind of a random message after not speaking with each other for a month.   Lots other stuff along those lines.  I do not want to go over there because like I said she is really hot and when she puts the moves on me I will hit it.  I cant help it.  The point of the thread was how to say your not interested politely.  I hate dumping girls and I feel its rude to say no I dont want to go to your house for dinner.

503021[/snapback]

Does she have a real cool bike, like does it go over neat jumps and stuff? She wants you for your skills right?

what he means is, it doesnt necessarily mean that she wants to jam you, maybe she wants to be your friend.

503086[/snapback]

He got his attention. Young people apparently don't know friends, anymore. Good friends are hard to find. Cherish them, should you be so lucky.

He got his attention. Young people apparently don't know friends, anymore. Good friends are hard to find. Cherish them, should you be so lucky.

503094[/snapback]

bah

if she was hot i'd try to bone her even if she has as much baggage of a maxed out Boeing 747 but maybe its cuz im horny as horny can be

Or better yet.  Eat the meal then insist on watching Sunday night football even though she wants to watch Extreme Makeover and Desperate Housewives.

Lay in the middle of the couch with the remote in one hand and a beer in the other.  Be sure to ignore her - burp once in a while - and be sure to scratch your sllab often (put the beer down first).

This may help!

501659[/snapback]

I fear, Gidge, that this is just the kind of behavior that makes single women hang on tighter. Treat 'em like dirt and they'll love you long time.