Question About Attachments...

Spun

I have noticed that some of you are able to attach images to your posts but I do not know how this is done. I tried searching in help and they said something about needing an attachment upload feature to be turned on. I am getting the sense that this is permitted only some of the time? Otherwise, how do I post an image? This is old hat for some of you but the rest of us (or maybe just me) are lagging!

Thanks for the help! ;)

This is what I ran into...

Posting new topics and replying

When making a post, you will most likely have the option to use IBF code when posting. This will allow you to add various types of formatting to your messages. For more information on this, click the 'BB Code Help' link under the emoticon box to launch the help window.

On the left of the text entry box, there is the clickable emoticons box - you can click on these to add them to the content of your message (these are sometimes known as 'smilies').

There are three options available when making a post or a reply. 'Enable emoticons?' if this is unchecked, then any text that would normally be converted into an emoticon will not be. 'Enable signature?' allows you to choose whether or not you would like your signature to appear on that individual post. 'Enable email notification of replies?' ticking this box will mean that you will receive e-mail updates to the topic, see the 'Email Notification of new messages' help topic for more information on this.

You also have the option to choose a post icon for the topic/post when creating one. This icon will appear next to the topic name on the topic listing in that forum, or will appear next to the date/time of the message if making a reply to a topic.

If the admin has enabled it, you will also see a file attachments option, this will allow you to attach a file to be uploaded when making a post. Click the browse button to select a file from your computer to be uploaded. If you upload an image file, it may be shown in the content of the post, all other file types will be linked to.

There are plenty of sites out there for hosting your pictures.....

Picture hosting sites

Just join a site, upload your pictures, then get the URL for visitors to see your pictures, and post the URL here.

I'm a blonde for God's sake. Give me time. I'll learn how to do it eventually.

:lol: