NFL is definately coming to LA!

The Tomcat

I would be surprised if it was not the Chargers.  They are more or less resigned to it in San Diego.

500467[/snapback]

Yes, it should be the Chargers. Their fans would just drive up the freeway a bit more on Sunday mornings. Southern Calif. is just one big megatropolis anyway. It's all people, and this would be halfway in between for highly populated Orange Co. as well (Orange Co. is south of L.A. Co., and north of San Diego, in case you didn't know).

Jacksonville maybe?

500496[/snapback]

You're right. Jacksonville should be the first city to go. What a disgrace of an NFL city over the past few years....having to rope off huge portions of their upper deck and still not selling out for a competitive team.

I agree though that San Diego will probably be the one since it's already been openly discussed and the NFL won't have nearly the public outrage that they would for a Buffalo or Nawleans!

You're right.  Jacksonville should be the first city to go.  What a disgrace of an NFL city over the past few years....having to rope off huge portions of their upper deck and still not selling out for a competitive team.

I agree though that San Diego will probably be the one since it's already been openly discussed and the NFL won't have nearly the public outrage that they would for a Buffalo or Nawleans!

500498[/snapback]

I don't mean to sound mean here, but dam, NO was gunna lose that team before Katrina. Should the NFL now stay there only BECAUSE of Katrina? Gunna have a rough time making it there

according to the "experts" on this - ANY city that is vying for a new stadium would be the most likely candidate. As long as the Bills or their future ownership does not want a new stadium, the likelihood it being them is slim. The fornt-runners they believe are the Saints, jaguars and the Vikings....

I was listening to "Lex and Terry" this AM on the way to work (they're a talk show based out of Jacksonville). They were talking about this, and the 2nd team mentioned after NO, was the Bills. One of them asked why the Bills? The answer given was "because they've been trying to get a new Stadium, and the City won't build them one"

I was shocked to hear them say us, but even though they might be partially correct about the Stadium issue, I can't forsee the Bills leaving due to the fanbase and the fact that we sellout almost every game. I would think NYS would build a new stadium if that ever became an issue to keeping the Bills. Several other teams are better candidates at moving: NO, San Diego, Indy, Minn., Jax. to name a few.

Considering the radio show was based in Jax, I can understand why we were mentioned.. ;)

I was listening to "Lex and Terry" this AM on the way to work (they're a talk show based out of Jacksonville). They were talking about this, and the 2nd team mentioned after NO, was the Bills. One of them asked why the Bills? The answer given was "because they've been trying to get a new Stadium, and the City won't build them one"

I was shocked to hear them say us, but even though they might be partially correct about the Stadium issue, I can't forsee the Bills leaving due to the fanbase and the fact that we sellout almost every game. I would think NYS would build a new stadium if that ever became an issue to keeping the Bills. Several other teams are better candidates at moving: NO, San Diego, Indy, Minn., Jax. to name a few.

Considering the radio show was based in Jax, I can understand why we were mentioned.. ;)

500595[/snapback]

That's just someone talking that is completely uninformed. The Bills are not seeking a new stadium, and the city is not stopping them by not building one. That sounds like someone who read that ridiculous rumor a few months ago that everyone put down immediately.

500595[/snapback]

Perhaps "Lex and Terry" are unaware of the millions of dollars that were just poured into the Ralph for renovations.

Several other teams are better candidates at moving: NO, San Diego, Indy, Minn., Jax. to name a few.

Right now, I'm looking outside at a big hole that was a parking lot six weeks ago. It's the future home of a state of the art facility that is going to host dozens of NCAA men's and women's basketball tournament games (including a Final Four every handful of years), while also serving as home of the Indianapolis Colts and probably a Super Bowl in the next 10 years. You can take this city off of your list of "better candidates."