Arrested Development CANNED!

PTS

Second show was the best I've seen this tour, Stones love Philly! <_<

I won't do Pat's or Geno's, I hate onions! :rolleyes:

501607[/snapback]

Aw , MAN! That has got to suck to hate onions......I don't put it on quite the same level as bluefire does (lmfao), but I love my cheesesteaks :(

Aw , MAN!  That has got to suck to hate onions......I don't put it on quite the same level as bluefire does (lmfao), but I love my cheesesteaks :rolleyes:

502263[/snapback]

Hell yeah!

mmmmmm cheesesteaks.

Man I can't wait to get a true Philly Cheesesteak. The best I've had to far is Texadelphia (!@#$ing Texas).

I'm going home from Dec 27- Jan 7... anywhere in Buffalo to get a "true" philly?

Hell yeah!

mmmmmm cheesesteaks.

Man I can't wait to get a true Philly Cheesesteak.  The best I've had to far is Texadelphia (!@#$ing Texas).

I'm going home from Dec 27- Jan 7... anywhere in Buffalo to get a "true" philly?

502265[/snapback]

I used to always order stuff that was called "philly cheesesteaks" when I lived in Rochester (and other places)......I know it sounds kinda silly, but honestly, a "real" cheesesteak tastes totally different. Oddly enough, the closest I've found down here in Atlanta is from a damn CHAIN called "Philly Connection". They are good, but still a far cry from Pat's or Geno's. Philly has some of the best food in the country, IMO. You can "get it all" pretty much anywhere you go in the US, but in Philly you get it all and most of it is damn tasty. The only other place I remember such good food was in Toronto. I'm sure that NYC can more than compete, though....I just haven't been there yet.

I used to always order stuff that was called "philly cheesesteaks" when I lived in Rochester (and other places)......I know it sounds kinda silly, but honestly, a "real" cheesesteak tastes totally different. Oddly enough, the closest I've found down here in Atlanta is from a damn CHAIN called "Philly Connection". They are good, but still a far cry from Pat's or Geno's.  Philly has some of the best food in the country, IMO. You can "get it all" pretty much anywhere you go in the US, but in Philly you get it all and most of it is damn tasty. The only other place I remember such good food was in Toronto. I'm sure that NYC can more than compete, though....I just haven't been there yet.

502275[/snapback]

My parents live in Orlando, and I've had Philly COnnection when I went to visit them.

It wasnt' bad. I liked it a lot, but wasnt' great to be honest. I expect something more.

I remember last time I was at PJ's (which has the best pizza of all Buffalo BTW) there were Philly's, any good?

My parents live in Orlando, and I've had Philly COnnection when I went to visit them.

It wasnt' bad.  I liked it a lot, but wasnt' great to be honest.  I expect something more.

I remember last time I was at PJ's (which has the best pizza of all Buffalo BTW) there were Philly's, any good?

502277[/snapback]

Yeah, I totally agree.....Philly Connection is good at best. They do have some nice beer battered onion rings, though :rolleyes:

I've never been to PJs, but when I get back upstate I'm going to check it out if you say it's that good. But yeah, chances are if you're going to find a good cheesesteak outside of Philly, it'll be at a mom and pop style joint. Hell, that's pretty much true of any pizza I've ever had, too. It just seems like the minute something turns into a chain, they compromise in the name of efficiency and the quality suffers. There is nothing like a nice little authentic pizza joint.

Oddly enough, I went looking (yet again!) for some decent friggin wings down here in Atlanta, and I went to this placed called "Johnnys". The guy on the phone was clearly from NYC, so I felt like I may be on to something. I ordered 30 hot wings and, if you can believe this, didn't even have to ask for BLUE CHEESE instead of ranch.....People down here put ranch on their wings.....I just don't even remember that being an issue when I lived back north, lol. Anyway, the wings were pretty damn good......as it turns out, it's a chain, BUT, the original is supposedly somewhere back in Buffalo. I can't say I was surprised <_< So at least now I have some decent wings to enjoy......nice meat and GREAT sauce.

Yeah, I totally agree.....Philly Connection is good at best. They do have some nice beer battered onion rings, though <_<

I've never been to PJs, but when I get back upstate I'm going to check it out if you say it's that good. But yeah, chances are if you're going to find a good cheesesteak outside of Philly, it'll be at a mom and pop style joint. Hell, that's pretty much true of any pizza I've ever had, too. It just seems like the minute something turns into a chain, they compromise in the name of efficiency and the quality suffers. There is nothing like a nice little authentic pizza joint.

I love Pizza Junction, its so good. My family has eaten there solely for pizza for like 20 years now. They have one shop, they had expanded to two, but it didn't work out, so they just went back to the shop in North Tonawanda last I heard.

Oddly enough, I went looking (yet again!) for some decent friggin wings down here in Atlanta, and I went to this placed called "Johnnys". The guy on the phone was clearly from NYC, so I felt like I may be on to something. I ordered 30 hot wings and, if you can believe this, didn't even have to ask for BLUE CHEESE instead of ranch.....People down here put ranch on their wings.....I just don't even remember that being an issue when I lived back north, lol. Anyway, the wings were pretty damn good......as it turns out, it's a chain, BUT, the original is supposedly somewhere back in Buffalo. I can't say I was surprised :(  So at least now I have some decent wings to enjoy......nice meat and GREAT sauce.

502283[/snapback]

Haha, I know exactly what you mean. Theres this place with 3 franchises in Austin called Pluckers, who advertises GIGANTIC wings.

My girlfriend who is from Austin convinces me to go there when I wanted some real wings. They have some decent wings, but the problem is instead of just taste, they make them extremely hot so that it drowns out all taste. I don't understand how to explain real Buffalo wings to people down here, they just think its hot, not hot and seasoned really.

So, these wings, man they were tiny. They brought them out and I was just in awe at how tiny they were. They were seriously about the size of papa johns, and these were the people who advertise the most authentic and biggest wings in Austin. Everyone thinks they are the best.

Luckily she is going with me back to my uncle's place in January. I'm so gonna take her to Duff's and the Anchor Bar, let her find out what good wings are. I've been there again (they really ARE the best wings in Austin sadly) when I crave wings, and every time we go now she warns me before hand that she doesn't want to hear how much better true Buffalo wings are. :rolleyes:

Oh and by the way - as far as the ranch thing goes, Pluckers asked us whether we would rather have ranch or bleu cheese.

If the place has been there for 20 years, then I have no doubt whatsoever that what you say is true.....THAT is a pizza shop, IMHO. Not to say that a newer joint can't make good pizza, but if it's tried and true for two decades then they are doing something right!

Pluckers......lmao......what a name! I think when you take your lady back up north, she'll see the light. Honestly, I don't understand WHY you can't get good wings in other parts of the country. It really makes little sense to me.....yet it seems to be the case. Hell, there are so many damn chicken "processing plants" down here where I live that you'd think they could turn out some decent wings. I guess it's kinda like what you said....people just don't get what 'buffalo style hotwings' are. I dunno.....I'm thankful that I have a place now where they are pretty good, but the thing about upstate/western NY is that you can still get damn good wings even at the peripheral places, you know? They just know how to make them up there. The blue cheese thing just kills me.....granted, I know that if someone upstate happens to prefer ranch or whatever else, you just ask for it. But I'm still not used to ranch as the default setting down here for the wings. To me, it's kind of like having to press '1' for english, lol.

I love Pizza Junction, its so good.  My family has eaten there solely for pizza for like 20 years now.  They have one shop, they had expanded to two, but it didn't work out, so they just went back to the shop in North Tonawanda last I heard.

Haha, I know exactly what you mean.  Theres this place with 3 franchises in Austin called Pluckers, who advertises GIGANTIC wings.

My girlfriend who is from Austin convinces me to go there when I wanted some real wings.  They have some decent wings, but the problem is instead of just taste, they make them extremely hot so that it drowns out all taste.  I don't understand how to explain real Buffalo wings to people down here, they just think its hot, not hot and seasoned really.

So, these wings, man they were tiny.  They brought them out and I was just in awe at how tiny they were.  They were seriously about the size of papa johns, and these were the people who advertise the most authentic and biggest wings in Austin.  Everyone thinks they are the best.

Luckily she is going with me back to my uncle's place in January.  I'm so gonna take her to Duff's and the Anchor Bar, let her find out what good wings are.

Oh and by the way - as far as the ranch thing goes, Pluckers asked us whether we would rather have ranch or bleu cheese.

502285[/snapback]

If the place has been there for 20 years, then I have no doubt whatsoever that what you say is true.....THAT is a pizza shop, IMHO. Not to say that a newer joint can't make good pizza, but if it's tried and true for two decades then they are doing something right! 

Pluckers......lmao......what a name!  I think when you take your lady back up north, she'll see the light. Honestly, I don't understand WHY you can't get good wings in other parts of the country. It really makes little sense to me.....yet it seems to be the case. Hell, there are so many damn chicken "processing plants" down here where I live that you'd think they could turn out some decent wings. I guess it's kinda like what you said....people just don't get what 'buffalo style hotwings' are. I dunno.....I'm thankful that I have a place now where they are pretty good, but the thing about upstate/western NY is that you can still get damn good wings even at the peripheral places, you know? They just know how to make them up there. The blue cheese thing just kills me.....granted, I know that if someone upstate happens to prefer ranch or whatever else, you just ask for it. But I'm still not used to ranch as the default setting down here for the wings. To me, it's kind of like having to press '1' for english, lol.

502291[/snapback]

Haha, I know exactly what you mean.

Man, poor poor people, not understanding Wings. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, I don't understand at all WHY you can't get decent wings anywhere in Austin. If they were damn good, don't you think they would have spread? Oh well, to each their own I guess. Its like planter's orange chocolate, so good, yet so uncommon.

Speaking of the 20 year thing, I forgot it has to be longer then that. When my dad when around 30ish, he called up PJ's and ordered a tray with everything. They wer elike "uhhh, okay, sure buddy" and got off the phone. My dad (drunk off his ass) with his brother (drunk off his ass too) went to pick it up. He said when he got there, they didn't believe him, and hadn't started cooking his pizza yet.

They explained to him they thought they were pranksters beacuse of how hight eh topings went on. When they finally got their tray, it was about 2" thick and cold in the center because they had never gotten an order like that before, rofl.

Man, how I miss Buffalo food. I still maintain that food form Buffalo = best in the world.

By the way, we are about to order tickets to Buffalo vs Tampa Bay @ HSBC on January 5th, if you wanna go and are in town lemme know, it'd be tight to meet some other Stadium Wallers. <_<

I agree, it would be cool to hang with someone off the wall.....I have never met anyone in person. I live relatively near McJeff, and I think there are one or two others around Atlanta, but that's about it. I've been wanting to get back up to Buffalo for a tailgate, but just haven't done it yet...too much stuff going on, you know? Thanks for the invite to the game.....I'll definitely stay in touch with you and maybe one day we can hang out, talk Bills football, and eat some good food :(

Haha, I know exactly what you mean.

Man, poor poor people, not understanding Wings.  :rolleyes:

Seriously though, I don't understand at all WHY you can't get decent wings anywhere in Austin.  If they were damn good, don't you think they would have spread?  Oh well, to each their own I guess.  Its like planter's orange chocolate, so good, yet so uncommon.

Speaking of the 20 year thing, I forgot it has to be longer then that.  When my dad when around 30ish, he called up PJ's and ordered a tray with everything.  They wer elike "uhhh, okay, sure buddy" and got off the phone.  My dad (drunk off his ass) with his brother (drunk off his ass too) went to pick it up.  He said when he got there, they didn't believe him, and hadn't started cooking his pizza yet.

They explained to him they thought they were pranksters beacuse of how hight eh topings went on.  When they finally got their tray, it was about 2" thick and cold in the center because they had never gotten an order like that before, rofl.

Man, how I miss Buffalo food.  I still maintain that food form Buffalo = best in the world.

By the way, we are about to order tickets to Buffalo vs Tampa Bay @ HSBC on January 5th, if you wanna go and are in town lemme know, it'd be tight to meet some other Stadium Wallers. <_<

502323[/snapback]

502285[/snapback]

Every time I'm offered the choice, I say "Bleu cheese, as God intended."

You're right, Buffalo has some of the best food. It's better than Cleveland.

Mike

Every time I'm offered the choice, I say "Bleu cheese, as God intended."

502409[/snapback]

lol, damn right......I may borrow that the next time, if you don't mind.....I'll give you credit, of course :rolleyes:

My favorite sitcom on TV! FOX announced it will sh-t can Arrested Development after it finishes 13 episodes this season.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051111/tv_nm/shows_dc

If you watched this show from the beginning, it's hard not to argue that it's the funniest thing on TV. I hope to God HBO picks this show up, it seems like the show would be a perfect match for Curb Your Euthusiasm viewers.

"I've made a huge mistake."

There's a funny outtake on the Season 2 DVD where Tobias goes off in character about maybe it's not the show that's responsible for bad ratings and maybe it's the marketing arm of FOX.

500376[/snapback]

Theres talk of Curb not coming back now, apparently the ratings are down this year. I think its all up to larry david if he wants to come back.

Money (ratings) talks. BS walks.

500447[/snapback]

I have some questions:

"Money talks, BS walks"...This implies that talking is better than walking...correct?

But, then there's "You can talk the talk, but can you walk the walk"...unless I'm missing the point here, walking seems to be the more valued behavior here.

"Talk is cheap"...unless you "put your money where your mouth is", I suppose

Of course, "time is money" and I'm out of both right now...have fun!