L.A. should have a team by 2010... Nice article

NavyBillsFan

Linky...

No, not starting a Bills move thread....  But here is some info on whats going on.

New stadium in the works too......

Sorry if posted already, ill return your toys in the morning! :wacko:

500074[/snapback]

Somebody was telling me earlier about Portland as a post choice. LA will get the flash and die team, but next up...Oregon is interesting. West, whether AFC or NFC, it could be interesting.

Somebody was telling me earlier about Portland as a post choice. LA will get the flash and die team, but next up...Oregon is interesting. West, whether AFC or NFC, it could be interesting.

500077[/snapback]

That **** doesn't know what he's talking about. :wacko:

THe Portland Breakers experiment seemed to work pretty well. For about 1 season... :wacko:

500148[/snapback]

I was being sarcastic. I believe Portland would be a good spot. They made the final list during the last baseball expansion, and was a serious consideration and still are for the "Expos" if DC doesn't get their sh-- together. They have the money and population to support, the concern with baseball was traffic for 81 games. Football would only be 8 games and then on weekends, so tieups would not be as serious.

Has the NFL ever been this blatant about trying to move so nakedly a team from one city to another? The NFL was never this overt about wanting teams to move in the past...

Seriously, what is so bad about further expansion. Is having exactly four teams in each division really that great?