No ANWR drilling (again)

SilverNRed

Oil drilling in countries with no environmental/human rights rules and then transporting it across the most delicate ecosystem on the planet = Good

Oil drilling in the country with the most stringent environmental rules in the most desolate place on the planet = Bush

499852[/snapback]

:blink:

Since when has the US had the "most stringent environmental rules"?

You have no clue.  Seriously.  It's absolutely amazing the rules the oil companies and their support entities live under in Alaska.

503164[/snapback]

At the risk of sounding like the monkey, Alaska is not a country. Alaska may or may not have very strict rules regarding oil companies (I don't know) but that still doesn't mean that the US as a whole has "the most stringent environmental rules".

At the risk of sounding like the monkey, Alaska is not a country. Alaska may or may not have very strict rules regarding oil companies (I don't know) but that still doesn't mean that the US as a whole has "the most stringent environmental rules".

503680[/snapback]

MAYBE not. Id bet the U.S. is in the top five, however.

503680[/snapback]

Spoken like someone who doesn't live here or work in the industry. Thanks for the "insight."

The rules in Alaska are patterned after the rules in other developing states and virtually everything has stringent federal oversight - but I'm sure you have a clue because you know so much about the subject.

The Top 5 oil producing countries on the planet are Saudi Arabia, the U.S., Russia, Iran, and Venezuela. Gee, I wonder which of these would have the most stringent environmental rules AND actually some semblence of enforcement?

Spoken like someone who doesn't live here or work in the industry.  Thanks for the "insight."

The rules in Alaska are patterned after the rules in other developing states and virtually everything has stringent federal oversight - but I'm sure you have a clue because you know so much about the subject.

The Top 5 oil producing countries on the planet are Saudi Arabia, the U.S., Russia, Iran, and Venezuela.  Gee, I wonder which of these would have the most stringent environmental rules AND actually some semblence of enforcement?

503786[/snapback]

Strange, I don't actually recall saying that I had any "insight" nor did I claim to "know so much about the subject". It seems that under the new rules of the PPP board, you are forbidden from making any comment whatsoever unless you have expert knowledge of the subject.

How about at least some?  Or do you have so little control of your "Anti-US" emotion that you just can't help yourself?

504017[/snapback]

Who peed in your Wheaties?????? Go back and read his post and see where he said anything that would warrant the response you had.

Who peed in your Wheaties??????  Go back and read his post and see where he said anything that would warrant the response you had.

504035[/snapback]

Uh, who gave you the golden twinkie of judgement for today? When I need your opinion on message board subtleties, I'll let you know.

Uh, who gave you the golden twinkie of judgement for today?  When I need your opinion on message board subtleties, I'll let you know.

504045[/snapback]

Typical AD response. The PPP board is littered with them. Perhaps we need more stringent environmental regulations.