Pot smoking in the lots Channel 7 WKBW

I very much am, Dean. I understand the stridentcy of some of my opinions. I ask you to accept that with age comes experience, and hopefully lessons learned - not that I acceped the guff that my elders told me in my young days. :wacko:

But I've come to realize that without some constants, a certain level of restriction of free agency, society fails and anarchy is close by. The attainment of civility in daily life was hard won - we are fortunate to have that; many nations have no such amity - and it deserves consideration before change.

499684[/snapback]

how's this...we can be against the drug laws, but also against substance abuse. i am all for peoples' right to !@#$ themselves up, but i think it is a shame that so many people abuse the privilege. and i am not talking about getting drunk or high at a bills game per se. it's the habitual users who slowly kill themselves or cause accidents that kill others. and they do drive a trade that damages a lot of lives. i used to teach in the city(philly). so many little kids lives are spoiled and ruined by the drug trade it is just incomprehensible. but where there are people with habits, you find a drug trade and all the ill effects that result. it would be great if people could partake once in awhile, in a way that didn't destroy their "freedom," but also wasn't so destructive to our culture. but that is the problem with drugs...if you enjoy them too much, you keep going back until something bad happens....not everybody, but too many people for sure.

i always tell my kids (i teach substanc abuse) i am not here to moralize. drugs are not "bad." but they sure are bad for you. then they always ask me which is the "worst" drug...i can only answer that it is the one you use.

i don't know where i am going with this, but i don't think it is too paradoxical to think that the "drug war" is a farce, but also that people need to be careful what they wish for...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that Channel 7 has to devote time to such dreck shows what a slow news area WNY is. Hicksville USA.

" There is a stalled car on the 290 Youngman. We have a camera team rushing to the scene and should have film at 11 !  "    :wacko:

499889[/snapback]

Would you rather they have more pressing things to report....? :lol:

I saw that bit on the news the other night and started cracking up, as I had just finished said activity, but that much aside. It was a ridiculous report which I feel affected nobody, and they had no message like "cops are cracking down", what it said to me was "you can smoke pot at the Bills game and not get arrested". So channel 7 just overdramatized nothing for no good reason. Similarly, I did not hear the reports of increased theft from cars at the last game, but I can offer you this: Our car got broken into last week, missing items included : cell phone, car stereo, digital camera and other miscellaneous objects. It was pretty offensive that people would just scour the lot like that after people go into the game....ridiculous.

I saw that bit on the news the other night and started cracking up, as I had just finished said activity,  but that much aside.  It was a ridiculous report which I feel affected nobody, and they had no message like "cops are cracking down", what it said to me was "you can smoke pot at the Bills game and not get arrested".  So channel 7 just overdramatized nothing for no good reason.  Similarly, I did not hear the reports of increased theft from cars at the last game, but I can offer you this: Our car got broken into last week, missing items included : cell phone, car stereo, digital camera and other miscellaneous objects.  It was pretty offensive that people would just scour the lot like that after people go into the game....ridiculous.

499916[/snapback]

You will NOT hear on the radio or read in the Buffalo News about cars being broke in to at the Ralph. I just so happen to know some of the local police and it is in the local rags. Remember last year I report on the cars being broke into all last year and the cops caught the guy the last game!!!

On a side note NO LOCKED CARS have ever been broken into at HAMMER's Lot in 24 years. Thats partly why we are rated the #1 Parking Lot by The O.O.T.P.L. Thank You.

On a side note NO LOCKED CARS have ever been broken into at HAMMER's Lot in 24 years. Thats partly why we are rated the #1 Parking Lot by The O.O.T.P.L. Thank You.

499948[/snapback]

Stupid question, but what happens to UNLOCKED cars at Hammers?

Stupid question, but what happens to UNLOCKED cars at Hammers?

500016[/snapback]

To help prevent problems, when you are at the game somebody is on guard/clean up duty, but...

If a car is UNLOCKED why break in a window when you just have to open the door??? I cannot remember a unlock car being entered and have something removed. I would say that the Police would have been contacted and the Police have never, ever, EVER been contacted.

Thank You.

That's nothing at the Miami games ive seen people snorting coke in the stands. I think it was the championship game in 92 (im to stoned to remember) Bills-Fins there was 3 guys in front of me passing a little baggie and straw snorting away. I think one of them spilt beer on some big mo-fo in front of them and one of them got punched in his coke stuffed nose and started bleeding. The three of them were so paranoid and bugged out the they packed up their junk and hit the road.

Another game, Bills-Fins again in Miami this guys walking around with a Domino's pizza box. On top of the box he's got about four different kind of bowls(pot pipes for all you straight folk)trying to sell them to fellow stoners like myself. I did'nt buy any I prefer papers myself and my big two stage bong for when i smoke at home.

The guy that made the comment about religion being more deadly than drugs hit the nail on the head. Sorry but religion has killed millions more people than drugs. I don't think there has ever been one recorded death from marijuana ever.

It kind of sucks knowing that I won't want to take my kids to go see a football game if stuff like this is going on. Nothing wrong with smoking (I personally think it is better than drinking, or at least safer) but football should be a place where you just watch football and drink a beer.

Perhaps someday, someone enjoying that fine, lovingly-grown Californian is enjoying their life as they drive in a traffic lane opposing you or your loved ones and make a slight error of judgement.

So you fully support the immmediate criminalization of alchohol? And you believe that any individual who has so much as a single beer in their own house should immediately be arrested?

That's a strong stance, cincy. :wacko: