phew, the Cuse were in a dog fight with Cornell

The Poojer

how about another crazy idea? Syracuse is overrated. They always have the worst nonconference schedule every year. They never leave New York led alone Syracuse. Syracuse is going to struggle in the New Big East. They have like 52 teams and alot of good teams.

Syracuse missed 18 straight 3-Pointers and still won against a below average team. If Syracuse played a real opponent, they would have gotten waxed last night. Syracuse STANKS!!!!

Syracuse STANKS!!!!

499190[/snapback]

I think it's going to be a long year for the 'Cuse. They are flat-out not that good. Next year, they will have Paul Harris from Niagara Falls High, rated by some services as the #1 recruit in the country, and definitely Top 10 across the board. He has been compared favorably to LeBron as a high school player, mainly because he's 6'4", built like a truck, and could've scored 40/game in high school. Instead he went 25/10/10 and led his team to a state title. He will be a major factor in the Big East for as long as he chooses to stay there. Needs a year of prep school to qualify.

Question about Terrance Roberts

does anyone know how bad his tendinitis is?

``I never thought we were going to lose,'' said Roberts, whose knee tendinitis sent him to the bench with just over a minute to play. ``The young guys came in and played very well. Eric played like a veteran, and that's going to be a key for us.''

is this something that is supposed to slow him down all year?

Lets give a little credit to Cornell.  They played the Orange tough last year too.  They don't have a bad little team down there in Ithaca.

499227[/snapback]

Dat's right. Go Big Red!

how about another crazy idea?  Syracuse is overrated.  They always have the worst nonconference schedule every year.  They never leave New York led alone Syracuse.  Syracuse is going to struggle in the New Big East.  They have like 52 teams and alot of good teams.

Syracuse missed 18 straight 3-Pointers and still won against a below average team.  If Syracuse played a real opponent, they would have gotten waxed last night.  Syracuse STANKS!!!!

499190[/snapback]

I think you are way off base here. The Orange have always rebounded nicely after losing star players because someone else steps into the limelight. I think this year it will be Terrance Roberts.

Syracuse isn't going to miss that many three pointers in any one game from here on in. G-Mac will find his stroke and he isn't the only serious 3 point threat on this team. Devendorf, Nichols, and Rautins all can stroke it and will open things up for G-Mac and Roberts.

I think you are way off base here.  The Orange have always rebounded nicely after losing star players because someone else steps into the limelight.  I think this year it will be Terrance Roberts. 

Syracuse isn't going to miss that many three pointers in any one game from here on in.  G-Mac will find his stroke and he isn't the only serious 3 point threat on this team.  Devendorf, Nichols, and Rautins all can stroke it and will open things up for G-Mac and Roberts.

500247[/snapback]

Nicely said. If just 25% of those missed three's were made, as they usually are, then this game is a blowout.

Along with Roberts it ooks like Watkins could become a presence in the middle. 8 blocked shots the other night, not too bad. Nichols should get better and better. I'm not that sold on McCrowsky though. The sky is really wide open for Devendorf, it's going to be fun watching this kid develop.

I share your sentiments on the aforementioned players. I also like what I'm hearing about Onuaku. McCrosky will most likely be used in a defensive mode ala Josh Pace. Gorman and Wright should help off the bench as well. I was bummed when I saw Dayshawn Wright leave the team, I still think their is a window for him to come back.