Well Byron Brown Won

PTS

How can I feel sorry for the City of Buffalo and Erie County when we the people of this city and county elect morons to run it.

Putting aside political beliefs. The race for Mayor of Buffalo should not have been but was all about a Democrat vs. a Republican. That's what won it for Brown, it has nothing to do with him and his ideas and everything to do with the party flag he was waving.

Brown will be another disaster. He's a puppet to the unions and every other special interest that is holding this city back. He promises to make a better Buffalo, and he will, he'll make it better for his masters.

Helfer saw things differently, he saw that the city needed to take one step back to move two steps forward. We have to get rid of the garbage in place now so we don't have to jump through hoops to get things done in the city. Even the liberal Buffalo News saw him as one of the best things that could have happened to the City.

Nevertheless, this is all moot. It just sucks that we have to reep what we sow because the majority is to stupid to avoid party lines.

Agreed, but what are we going to do? Assassinate him?

I didn't vote for the guy.

If it makes you feel any better, among his first words in his acceptance speech were "I'm not going to be anyone's puppet" or something to that effect.

Anyways, yeah I hate political parties. When will people realize that they are a major cause of problems in our government?

Agreed, but what are we going to do? Assassinate him?

I didn't vote for the guy.

If it makes you feel any better, among his first words in his acceptance speech were "I'm not going to be anyone's puppet" or something to that effect.

Anyways, yeah I hate political parties. When will people realize that they are a major cause of problems in our government?

498743[/snapback]

The problem is that as evil as political parties are, they provide a very valuable service:

Accountability.

A cohesive party is a party which is able to push through their agenda (the Republicans of today, certaintly not the Democrats :wacko: ). When things go bad, the party is held accountable for not performing.

Without parties, the accountability is not there.

The problem is that as evil as political parties are, they provide a very valuable service:

Accountability.

A cohesive party is a party which is able to push through their agenda (the Republicans of today, certaintly not the Democrats :wacko: ).  When things go bad, the party is held accountable for not performing.

499716[/snapback]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Accountability.

A cohesive party is a party which is able to push through their agenda (the Republicans of today, certaintly not the Democrats :wacko: ).  When things go bad, the party is held accountable for not performing.

499716[/snapback]

Did something happen while I as at lunch that suddenly this board exists in the Twilight Zone?

Accountability? Political parties providing accountability?? Republicans getting things done????

Political parties held accountable for not performing????????????

WTF??????

Did something happen while I as at lunch that suddenly this board exists in the Twilight Zone?

Accountability?  Political parties providing accountability??  Republicans getting things done???? 

Political parties held accountable for not performing????????????

WTF??????

499745[/snapback]

:wacko: Again, I was talking about the services that political parties provide and just providing an example.

The real menace here isn't political parties, rather its the system. :lol:

I really doubt that Byron Brown will have an impact on the rise or continued decline of our beloved city. The problems are systematic and run much deeper than a mayor. The voters know the city is in it deep, and yet, were very apathetic towards the mayoral campaign and vote. Why? Because we know it is going to take a lot more than Brown or Helfer to lift the city out of the deep end.

I personally voted for Helfer, but didn't place a lot of stock in the outcome either way.

I just got thinking about this thread. Apparently Toyota is adding major manufacturing capacity in the US, and will announce Michigan as the location for a new plant. Sounds like 12 states were courting Toyota. I didn't hear one peep about WNY - it could be just that it wasn't reported. But if WNY didn't offer a competitive bid, then it doesn't matter who's rearranging the chairs on that boat.