Secret Interrogation Centers

Mickey

Let me state for the record my support of an independent counsel being appointed to investigate the recent leak of information to the Washington Post about the CIA operating secret interrogation centers in Soviet era prisons in Eastern Europe. I think this should be investigated completely and vigorously. I think that any elected official that may be implicated in the leak should immediately resign and any employee involved immediately fired. Further, a trial on charges of treason should take place against anyone involved if the evidence warrants the charge.

Who will join me in calling for a truly independent investigation?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too. I won't even get started on my agenda rant this time. I'm getting sick of this crap. I (as do several people here) hold a TS-SCI with about a dozen SAPs. I'd be looking at jail time if it were me. Not an exageration. At the very least, I'd lose my clearance and career.

498133[/snapback]

I'm in.

I'm not sure what "right wing conspiracy" you would like to see investigated in addition to this one and for which this post is a setup, so I am reserving judgement on your next call for an independent investigation, but I definitely support this one. :D Heck, depending upon what it is, I might even support that next call for an independent investigation as well. :o

Investigation may be underway

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Top U.S. Republican lawmakers on Tuesday called for a congressional investigation into leaks of information used by The Washington Post in an article on the CIA's secret global prison system.

Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist and House of Representatives Speaker Dennis Hastert in a letter asked the intelligence committees to "immediately initiate a joint investigation into the possible release of classified information."

Sounds like a nice start.

Then again, asking Congress to fix the CIA is like asking the Titanic to fix the Hindenberg.

Let me state for the record my support of an independent counsel being appointed to investigate the recent leak of information to the Washington Post about the CIA operating secret interrogation centers in Soviet era prisons in Eastern Europe.  I think this should be investigated completely and vigorously.  I think that any elected official that may be implicated in the leak should immediately resign and any employee involved immediately fired.  Further, a trial on charges of treason should take place against anyone involved if the evidence warrants the charge.

498133[/snapback]

Is it a leak or "whistle blowing"?

I'm in. 

I'm not sure what "right wing conspiracy" you would like to see investigated in addition to this one and for which this post is a setup, so I am reserving judgement on your next call for an independent investigation, but I definitely support this one.  :D  Heck, depending upon what it is, I might even support that next call for an independent investigation as well.  :o

498210[/snapback]

The reason is that the likely mole is a Republican Senator who attended Cheney's discussion about these camps in a private Hill meeting.

The reason is that the likely mole is a Republican Senator who attended Cheney's discussion about these camps in a private Hill meeting.

498276[/snapback]

Why should that make a difference? Besides, when its treason, I think the right word is "traitor", not "mole".

Investigation may be underway

Sounds like a nice start.

Then again, asking Congress to fix the CIA is like asking the Titanic to fix the Hindenberg.

498230[/snapback]

That is not an independent investigation. It will have members of both parties but one more Republican so that they will carry every vote. Such an investigation can be politically controlled. I don't want a whitewash, I want an independent investigation and let the indictments fall where they may.

That is not an independent investigation. It will have members of both parties but one more Republican so that they will carry every vote. Such an investigation can be politically controlled. I don't want a whitewash, I want an independent investigation and let the indictments fall where they may.

498301[/snapback]

\\

interesting comments on the news shows that there is a very good possibility at least according to Trent Lott, that the leak came from a republican legislative caucus hosted by none other than Dick Cheney. Let the chips fall where they may, but don't be surprised if it turns out to be a Republican Congressman.

498301[/snapback]

\\

interesting comments on the news shows that there is a very good possibility at least according to Trent Lott, that the leak came from a republican legislative caucus hosted by none other than Dick Cheney. Let the chips fall where they may, but don't be surprised if it turns out to be a Republican Congressman.

498854[/snapback]

I fully expect that it will be a Republican who leaked the info. I'm on record that the perp. should go to jail and I'm sticking to that as I am sure the others will who took the same stance, regardless of party affiliation or sympathy.

I don't really understand why Trent Lott isn't in trouble for making a statement that essentially confirms the Washington Post story. If I divulge top secret information and you confirm that it is true, aren't we both screwed?

498133[/snapback]

And just what are you going to do Mickey? Form a march on Washington or do what you probably always do jump up and down in your chair, shake your fist in the direction of Washington and do nothing but get spit all over your monitor.

Mickey is being his usual manipulative A-hole self, but to take this for what it's worth, it really is time for this to stop. There would be nothing whatsoever said about the "Plame" business, if it weren't for "Bush Bad". But, things that might matter will get a bye. Camel's nose under the tent, so to speak. The "leak" game is getting out of hand in Washington right now. The individual ones probably don't hurt much, but any that the press embraces really don't help us any.

And just what are you going to do Mickey? Form a march on Washington or do what you probably always do jump up and down in your chair, shake your fist in the direction of Washington and do nothing but get spit all over your monitor.

499041[/snapback]

:huh:

499041[/snapback]

This would carry more weight if, in starting this thread, he'd already done FAR more than you about it. :huh:

Let me state for the record my support of an independent counsel being appointed to investigate the recent leak of information to the Washington Post about the CIA operating secret interrogation centers in Soviet era prisons in Eastern Europe.  I think this should be investigated completely and vigorously.  I think that any elected official that may be implicated in the leak should immediately resign and any employee involved immediately fired.  Further, a trial on charges of treason should take place against anyone involved if the evidence warrants the charge.

498133[/snapback]

Yes. Let's take down as much of the current Administration as possible. GO MICK!

499041[/snapback]

I figured I'd do what every poster here does, including yourself, take a public position and debate those who disagree. In addition, I'll likely get something published on the issue in the local paper if the mood strikes me.

In the meantime, why don't you contemplate the wisdom of mocking political discussion while you engage in a political discussion yourself. While you're doing that, I'll go make you a salad.