T.O. apologizes, hopes to play for Eagles

Mike32282

In a news conference in front of his Moorestown, N.J., home, Terrell Owens apologized to Donovan McNabb, Andy Reid and the Eagles organization Tuesday.

"It really hurts me not to be a part of this team anymore," Owens said.

His agent, Drew Rosenhaus, said he hopes Owens plays for the Eagles again.

"We hope he plays again for the Philadelphia Eagles," Rosenhaus said.

Rosenhaus said Owens wants to return to the Eagles "ASAP."

Owens' brief -- but tumultuous -- time in Philadelphia ended Monday when the All-Pro wide receiver was told not to return to the team this season.

"This decision is a result of a large number of situations that accumulated over a long period of time, during which Terrell had been warned repeatedly about the consequences of his actions," Reid said.

Owens was suspended for Sunday night's 17-10 loss at Washington, and will remain suspended for three more games without pay. After that, the Eagles plan to deactivate him for the rest of the season.

Though he's perhaps the best wideout in the NFL, Owens caused far too many distractions with his selfish behavior.

"We gave Terrell every opportunity to avoid this outcome," Reid said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2217740

I loved his apology to McNab..."I apologize for any comments I made that may have been seen as negative." What a maroon...he reminds me of someone who currently holds a very important governmental job, the more he says, the more foolish he sounds...he just doesn't get it...Steve Young said it right. "There are two realities, there is the way things are, and the way Terrell sees them. He may need some sort of medication..."

Who is/was the most self-centered player in recent sports history? Dennis Rodman or Terrell Owens?

I loved his apology to McNab..."I apologize for any comments I made that may have been seen as negative."

Lovely. "Sorry for saying that, even though you led us to the Super Bowl last year, we'd be better off with an ancient INT machine. I've no idea why that possibly offended you."

What an ass. I hope the Eagles tell him too little, too late.

I loved his apology to McNab..."I apologize for any comments I made that may have been seen as negative."  What a maroon...he reminds me of someone who currently holds a very important governmental job, the more he says, the more foolish he sounds...he just doesn't get it...Steve Young said it right.  "There are two realities, there is the way things are, and the way Terrell sees them.  He may need some sort of medication..."

Who is/was the most self-centered player in recent sports history?  Dennis Rodman or Terrell Owens?

498050[/snapback]

(2) Couldn't agree more

His articulation in his apology to Andy Reid was fine

His articulation in his apology to Donovan McNab was a joke ...

Didn't someone of any intelligence proof-read that before he read it ? That (apology towards McNab) was more harm than good ...

and any chance that T.O. may have had to salvage anything, was totally RUINED, RUINED, by the arrogance and lack of tact by Drew Rosenhaus immediately proceeding T.O's statement

Drew has about the same amount of integrity as Don King ...

'I love this man' (T.O.) he stated ... I nearly gagged ! Car Salesman innuendo

TO's remorse is only cause he woke up and realized what his actions are going to cost him financially, not just with the Eagles, but for future dealings with any clubs stoopid enuff to sign him ...

:devil:

Eagles leveraging for a trade...

Now here's a hypothetical question...

Would you trade Eric Moulds and a 2nd rounder for him?

498045[/snapback]

No effing way. Keep that scumbag away from the Bills. Anyone dumb enough to buy this dog and pony show today deserves all the grief they will get down the road. How many times can the same guy screw people over and still fool others into thinking it will be different the next time??

yes

498054[/snapback]

that was quite the opposite of what i had expected. when i saw the original absurd suggestion i scrolled down one post expecting an immediate no. when that post was not a response to said absurd suggestion, i scrolled down one more, completely expecting the simple "No". imagine my suprise to see a "Yes". to say the least, i was very shocked.

ahh well I guess it just goes to prove there are a lot of idiots on this board. you really can't listen to a thing anyone says around here.

That was about the worst case of attempting to salvage a situation like  that than I can ever remember seeing ...

I especially found it interesting & humorous when Drew Rosenhaus was laying blame at the media ...

:w00t:

498098[/snapback]

How about when they asked him this question....

"What else have you done for your client besides getting him kicked off the team?"

He responded loudly, with a pissed off face... "NEXT QUESTION!"

I couldn't stop laughing when I heard that. :devil::w00t:

I saw it, and can unequivocably can say that Drew Rosenhaus is a piece of turd. The whole thing was a pathetic attempt by Rosenhaus to salvage whatever credibility he may have with NFL GMs.

The Eagles called his bluff, and now he's stuck with a less marketable client than he had before he signed him. Nice job TO. Don't be surprised now that you smell like crap when you wallow in the sewer of humanity.

How about when they asked him this question....

"What else have you done for your client besides getting him kicked off the team?"

He responded loudly, with a pissed off face...  "NEXT QUESTION!"

I couldn't stop laughing when I heard that.  :D  :o

498114[/snapback]

Aye ... that was fupping brilliant ! :P

Also what Ramius said ...

Eagles leveraging for a trade...

Now here's a hypothetical question...

Would you trade Eric Moulds and a 2nd rounder for him?

498045[/snapback]

In a heartbeat. As much of an !@#$ as he is, NOONE in the NFL can produce like he does. He schools top CB's regularly, has 100 TD's in such a short time.

No effing way.  Keep that scumbag away from the Bills.  Anyone dumb enough to buy this dog and pony show today deserves all the grief they will get down the road.  How many times can the same guy screw people over and still fool others into thinking it will be different the next time??

498082[/snapback]

This guy made Garcia a good QB

1999 San Francisco 49ers 13 10 375 225 60.0 2544 6.78 62 11 11 15/104 28 7 77.9

2000 San Francisco 49ers 16 16 561 355 63.3 4278 7.63 69 31 10 24/155 59 9 97.6

2001 San Francisco 49ers 16 16 504 316 62.7 3538 7.02 61 32 12 26/114 40 10 94.8

2002 San Francisco 49ers 16 16 528 328 62.1 3344 6.33 76 21 10 17/93 31 7 85.6

2003 San Francisco 49ers 13 13 392 225 57.4 2704 6.90 75 18 13 21/104 35 6 80.1

and boosted McNabb's Considerably

2002 Philadelphia Eagles 10 10 361 211 58.4 2289 6.34 59 17 6 28/166 27 3 86.0

2003 Philadelphia Eagles 16 16 478 275 57.5 3216 6.73 59 16 11 43/253 44 9 79.6

2004 Philadelphia Eagles 15 15 469 300 64.0 3875 8.26 80 31 8 32/192 50 20 104.7

He just produces consistently, sign him to a contract where if he does anything dumb he's out automatically, but do not question that as much as he talks, he can make a QB look like the best QB in the nfl when he's on the field