Will Indy go undefeated

Rayzer32

Will Indy be undefeated this season?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Will Indy be undefeated this season?

• Yes
    • No
    • Who cares

They've still got to play Pittsburgh on a Monday Night.

They've still got to go to Jacksonville who they always seem to struggle with.

They've still got a date with Ladainian and Co.

They've still got to play outside in Cincinnati in late November.

And they still have to go to Seattle late in December for a game which may have meaning for only one team.

They've got as good a shot as anybody since the '85 Bears, but that's 5 tough wins right there.

They've still got to play Pittsburgh on a Monday Night.

They've still got to go to Jacksonville who they always seem to struggle with.

They've still got a date with Ladainian and Co.

They've still got to play outside in Cincinnati in late November.

And they still have to go to Seattle late in December for a game which may have meaning for only one team.

They've got as good a shot as anybody since the '85 Bears, but that's 5 tough wins right there.

497446[/snapback]

The Pitt game all depends on who starts at QB. Batch........not good!!!

I think they have the best shot at going undefeated as any team in the last 10 years.

Good post Simon. That being said, they will not go undefeated. 8-0 is nice but it's only the halfway point of the season. Premature talk.

497451[/snapback]

Give me one team that is going to come and beat them down? They aren't great, but all their upcoming opponenets can't measure up. NE was their toughest test. They may have a down week, but if they stay completely focused, they can easily go 16-0.

Give me one team that is going to come and beat them down?  They aren't great, but all their upcoming opponenets can't measure up.  NE was their toughest test.  They may have a down week, but if they stay completely focused, they can easily go 16-0.

497455[/snapback]

You're forgetting that this is the NFL and every game is no given. See San Fran beating Tampa Bay, or St Louis beating Jacksonville. No one saw either of those coming. Nor did anyone see the Bills putting up a dog fight against New Eng.

New Eng. is depleted with injuries, dude. Did you see all of the secondary switches they made? This will not be Indy's toughest game. Obviously the Jacksonville game from week 2 was one of their toughest test' to date. The rematch will be just as good. Seattle is fantastic. San Diego beat New Eng just as bad, and you didn't crown them super bowl champs. Why couldn't they beat up on Indy? Ahh forget it.

You're forgetting that this is the NFL and every game is no given. See San Fran beating Tampa Bay, or St Louis beating Jacksonville. No one saw either of those coming. Nor did anyone see the Bills putting up a dog fight against New Eng.

New Eng. is depleted with injuries, dude. Did you see all of the secondary switches they made? This will not be there toughest game. Obviously the Jacksonville game from week 2 was one of their toughest test' to date. The rematch will be just as good. Seattle is fantastic. San Diego beat New Eng just as bad, and you didn't crown them as super bowl champs. Why couldn't they beat up on Indy? Ahh forget it.

497464[/snapback]

NE was Peyton's toughest game just due to the past records. I think now that Peyton got the monkey off his back, he should have no problems this year. Remember, the Chargers lost to the Cowboys this year. SD is tough, but Indy should easily beat them.

NE was Peyton's toughest game just due to the past records.  I think now that Peyton got the monkey off his back, he should have no problems this year.  Remember, the Chargers lost to the Cowboys this year.  SD is tough, but Indy should easily beat them.

497469[/snapback]

It only takes one off day for that perfect record to vanish. There is no particular game that I would pick Indy to lose, but being at the top of your game (and getting the lucky bounces) for an entire season is pretty tough. I would imagine they will lose one or two.

After tonights demolition of NE, I think it's a real good possibility.

497439[/snapback]

Unless they play the Bills during the playoffs, I hope the Colts go all the way without a loss. It would finally shutup those 1972 Dolphins who celebrate with champagne every year when the last undefeated team goes down. As good as the Dolphins were in '72, Shula & Co. had the full support of the NFL officiating crews assuring they'd go undefeated.

Of course the Colts don't have to go undefeated to win the superbowl, but for Polian's sake, I'd like to see them win it all. Dungy deserves it too. He got a raw deal as the scapegoat in Tampa.

Better chance of going 16-0 than going to the Super Bowl IMO...

remember, this is Manning & Dungy. :o

497462[/snapback]

Undeserved rep IMO. I think it'll make a big difference if teams have to play in their dome in the playoffs.

I'd love to see them go 16-0, but somewhere down the line, they will have an off day, and a few bounces wont go their way, and they'll lose one. I just dont see one team going unbeaten in the age of parity here in the NFL.

Give me one team that is going to come and beat them down?  They aren't great, but all their upcoming opponenets can't measure up.  NE was their toughest test.  They may have a down week, but if they stay completely focused, they can easily go 16-0.

497455[/snapback]

There's no such thing as "easily" when it comes to going 16-0 in the regular season. There's a reason that it's never been done since the league expanded to a 16 game schedule. Every year there's a new "threat" to go undefeated and every year a team gets beat. It will happen to Indy too.

Everybody is high on the Colts after the Monday night hammering they laid on NE...but Indy has struggled at times this year. Week 2 at home against Jax comes to mind, a game which they trailed going into the 4th quarter 3-0. Week 3 against a pathetic Cleveland team where they escaped (at home no less) 13-6. Indy is very beatable and at some point this year they'll falter at least once.

I hope they do go undefeated. It will shut the 1972 Dolphins up for good. In fact, the 2005 Colts should then have to play the 1972 Dolphins after the Super Bowl (instead of the Pro Bowl). That would be a much better game. Broken hips all around for the 72 Fins.

497455[/snapback]

NE their toughest test? Please...do i need to remind you of the #30? That would be the rank of Bruschi and Co. on defense.