We give Teddy Brew a lot of guff

Simon

but I give him the nod for being a tough hombre.

He's taking a good pounding tonight and with just over 6:00 left, on the play before the Harrison 30yrd TD(which is currently being "challenged" by gamesman Belichik when the Colts went for 2), Edgerrin James just busted Teddy's melon harrrrrrd. I'm not sure the Brew knew where he was when he got up, but get up he did and followed it with a piroutte and a Texas2step to the huddle. Lotta guys miss a play or two there.

He's taking a good pounding tonight and with just over 6:00 left, on the play before the Harrison 30yrd TD(which is currently being "challenged" by gamesman Belichik when the Colts went for 2), Edgerrin James just busted Teddy's melon harrrrrrd. I'm not sure the Brew knew where he was when he got up, but get up he did and followed it with a piroutte and a Texas2step to the huddle. Lotta guys miss a play or two there.

497424[/snapback]

I think I can speak for a lot of Bills fans when I say we have no problem with Brusci - it was the ball washing coverage that esbn and the nfl gave him for his comeback that made us puke. Brusci is a class player and a guy I would love to see in a Bills uni but the a$$kissing he received last week was just too much.

497424[/snapback]

But how many hits did he have? :o

Tough or not - I saw him getting pushed around a lot - and 'Wire-like' on a number of plays - getting "hits" after the play was essentially over. It was wonderful when one of the only times we saw him highlighted was when he was shoved to the side like a rag doll on the TD run in the 1st half. On the 4th down run he was literally laying on his back as Edge ran over him.

Next week I am a Miami fan.

BTW - what was the deal w/ The Champion's unbelievably crappy field? I assume they did that to try to slow the Colts down?

But how many hits did he have?  :o

Tough or not - I saw him getting pushed around a lot - and 'Wire-like' on a number of plays - getting "hits" after the play was essentially over.  It was wonderful when one of the only times we saw him highlighted was when he was shoved to the side like a rag doll on the TD run in the 1st half.  On the 4th down run he was literally laying on his back as Edge ran over him.

BTW - what was the deal w/ The Champion's unbelievably crappy field?  I assume they did that to try to slow the Colts down?

497535[/snapback]

They had an MLS playoff game there this weekend I think. It looks like they used that as an "excuse" to keep the field crappy to slow the Colts down...otherwise it would have been 60-21 ;) .

Priceless.

But how many hits did he have?  :devil:

Tough or not - I saw him getting pushed around a lot - 

BTW - what was the deal w/ The Champion's unbelievably crappy field?  I assume they did that to try to slow the Colts down?

497535[/snapback]

And I give Madden praise for pointing out the TD run right over Bruschi (We're not worthy!)'s chest.

The field last night wasn't even as bad as it was a week ago when they claimed it was due to a soccer tourney or match they held prior to our game. Clearly the coaching staff in NE doesn't want their boys playing on a fast field.

But how many hits did he have?  :devil:

Tough or not - I saw him getting pushed around a lot - and 'Wire-like' on a number of plays - getting "hits" after the play was essentially over.  It was wonderful when one of the only times we saw him highlighted was when he was shoved to the side like a rag doll on the TD run in the 1st half.  On the 4th down run he was literally laying on his back as Edge ran over him.

497535[/snapback]

Last night just made you realize how important the front line is to the success of the LBs.Saturday was just crushing Wolfork one on one, and when your nose in a 3-4 is getting blocked one on one, your ILBs are going to be taking on guards all day long. No LB can overcome that to have a strong day.

I agree with the earlier assessment that I respect the hell ou of Teddy, but the praise was just overboard