Carolina Looks Like The Team In The NFC

Mark VI

Steven Davis has overcome injuries and is putting the ball in the end zone. Steve Smith looks like an MVP candidate. Defense is really turning it on. Offensive line looks solid. Solid QB play from Delhomme. Balance and consistency. Well Coached.

In a tough division and still has both games coming up with Atlanta, who may be the only team left who can challenge them in the Conference. Right now, they look better than Atlanta but Vick can be the X factor. Seattle looks a notch below, even though they have a superstar RB. Beating up weaklings in their own divison.

Can't wait for those 2 Carolina-Atlanta games, though my local Fox station will probably show the Giants. :doh:

I agree that Carolina is one of the best teams in the NFC. The team with the best chance at keeping Carolina from the Super Bowl is probably the NY Giants. Eli Manning is the real deal.

497013[/snapback]

....and he looked anything but in his first 7 games...

Mark, keep a close eye on the NY Giants.  :o

497139[/snapback]

I think the Giants defense will be exposed at some point...their secondary is not so great. They do beat up well on crap teams, defensively, but when you get into the playoffs (which they will make, IMO) there are fewer of those to beat up on...not that you asked me! ;)

I think the Giants defense will be exposed at some point...their secondary is not so great.  They do beat up well on crap teams, defensively, but when you get into the playoffs (which they will make, IMO) there are fewer of those to beat up on...not that you asked me! ;)

497156[/snapback]

Giants seem to have all the pieces to win. Eli is getting better every game.

People are also forgetting Seattle. :o

Carolina over Pittsburgh was my prediction in September.

497101[/snapback]

Pittsburgh will be right there, but I will take Shanahan over the chin! San Diego and Indianapolis (and, ugh the New Bruschi (We're not worthy!) (We're not worthy!)'s) can't be counted out either. I just have this odd feeling that not a lot of people are going to take Denver very seriously. I have had a chance to see them play quite a bit this year (okay, I admitt, I am a closet Broncos fan!), and they just seem to have a swagger this year that they haven't had since Elway left. Plus, I think rumours of Shanahans' incompetence have been greatly exaggerated. Plummer is the variable, but he has played excellent the last 6 weeks. They can run on anyone, and guys like Rod Smith just seem to keep chugging along...for my money, Pittsburgh is a very good team, but they sometimes seem to rely too much on emotion to win games.

OBTW, my prediction in August was Buffalo vs Detroit! So, what do I know?

Superbowl- Carolina over Indy

While The giants are making some noise, like someone else pointed out they do well against lower tier teams, once they hit the playoffs their defense will be exposed. They don't really get to the quaterback, and their secondary will have plenty of problems should they run into the sehawks, or panthers. I had a hard time choosing between seattle and carolina. Shaun Alexander is having an amazing year, and their receivers are holding onto the ball, but Carolina is the whole deal.

While Stephen davis doesn't get many rushing yards, John Fox understands the value of patience. A Good running game isn't just running a whole lot of yards. It's putting in attempts regardless of the yardage gained in order to keep defenses honest. Their defense is playing beetter every week, and Delhomme is quietly once again putting together another good season, There's not anough good things you can say about Steve Smith right now. The guy's on fire.

In The AFC I can't pick Denver, yeah they've looked good so far, but they've also started 5-1 the past few years only to finish 10-6 and get owned in the playoffs. Depending how the 2nd half of the season goes... Personally I still think it's Jake Plummer and they'll fade. If Indy doesn't win it this year they never will. The AFC just seems to be considerably weaker then the NFC this season. Almost a reversal of roles, and Indy seems to be the best of a bad lot, but still a very good team.