Category 7 = Just Dreadful

buckeyemike

Horrid acting and even worse editing. Gina Gershon as the FEMA Head? There's a really bad casting couch joke in here somewhere...

Anyway, it is supposed to take place days after the "Category 6" storm hit Chicago. Randy Quaid somehow survived the tornado that picked up his truck, grew an unruly blond mane, and is back out on the road with Shannen Doherty. I used to really like Shannen Doherty before I found out what a psycho she is.

The storm makes its way to Buffalo, where many are apparently killed and a TV evangelist played by Mr. Barbara Streisand gets electrocuted while doing a sound check at what is supposed to be Dunn Tire Park (but isn't...all the seats are green and the park looks brand new).

Now, if the storm would head to Bristol and wipe out the Sunday Night Football crew, plus Stuart Scott, we might have something. Alas, it's heading to New York City. Maybe somehow The Great Bruschi (We're not worthy!) can stop the storm.

The destruction footage looks good at times, and worse than most PS2 video games at others. The subplots are lame (including the unscrupulous TV evangelists...that's just insulting) and I actually heard the term "friends-with-benefits" earlier. That's a phrase that should never be heard in any disaster movie.

Ultimately, the cause will be ((SPOILER ALERT))

GLOBAL WARMING!! TA-DA!!

Sorry guys, but "The Day After Tomorrow" did it a year and a half ago...and that movie wasn't very good either, I might add.

Fortunately, the second part won't be broadcast until next Sunday. But, this whole thing is just a mess.

Mike

I tried to access your link and could not...must be all the web traffic from the millions who watched "Category 7" tonight.   :ph34r:

What's next..."Category 8:  Attack of the Retatta"?

Mike

496549[/snapback]

According to IMDB, the movie is in production and scheduled to be released late summer 2006.

However, the title is "Category 8: JP Losman"

Everytime I flipped it on that psycho red hed was piping off about God. I saw exactly thirty seconds of special effects and it was the worst I've ever seen. A lot of camera shaking and home video of tornado's 20 miles away.

Don't forget Viper came back to fly this souped up SR-71 into the tornadoes.

Yes, this movie is incredibly cheesy...but I think its better than The Day After Tomorrow.....that movie was just freaking boring....and come on, being attacked by wolves in manhattan? At least Category 7 has hot actresses.

At least Category 7 has hot actresses.

496755[/snapback]

True. :doh:

It's just cheesy. But it's not even good cheese (i.e., Baywatch) at that.

Mike

P.S. By the way, imdb.com states that Category 7 was filmed in Winnipeg...thus, the ballpark was Canwest Global Park, home of the Winnipeg Goldeyes of the Northern League.