Heroic Bills fight back to 2nd place

Against all odds, the Buffalo Bills fough against long odds and tremendous hardship to reclaim 2nd place in the AFC East!

Okay...an ex-Bill, Keion Carpenter picks off Ferrotte at the 5yd line and seals the 17-10 win for the Falcons. Meanwhile, Drew Brees just fumbled the ball back to the Jets on their own 30 with 3 minutes left. A Jets loss would be nice, but Miami losing was bigger.

PTR

What a ballsy call by KC!  Got to love playing for the win!

496309[/snapback]

For those who didn't see it - with 5 seconds left, no TOs, ball on the 1, the Chiefs ran the ball up the gut for a TD instead of kicking for a tie. If he got stuffed, the game would've been over and they would've lost.

Unfortunately, the Chiefs didn't cover the spread. It was 4.5, they won by 4 :ph34r:

CW

For those who didn't see it - with 5 seconds left, no TOs, ball on the 1, the Chiefs ran the ball up the gut for a TD instead of kicking for a tie.  If he got stuffed, the game would've been over and they would've lost.

It's amazing what having a good offensive line allows you to do.

Unfortunately, the Chiefs didn't cover the spread.  It was 4.5, they won by 4 :ph34r:

CW

496315[/snapback]

You nearly made it. Most of the Raiders bolted to the locker room and they barely managed to put some guys on the field to defend the PAT (I noticed Kerry Collins was one of them). If they had blown it off entirely, the Chiefs would have run it in for 2 and the cover.

It's amazing what having a good offensive line allows you to do.

You nearly made it.  Most of the Raiders bolted to the locker room and they barely managed to put some guys on the field to defend the PAT (I noticed Kerry Collins was one of them).  If they had blown it off entirely, the Chiefs would have run it in for 2 and the cover.

496330[/snapback]

I was actually thinking about that when the announcers said everyone was gone. I doubt they would've run up the score though. Heck, if the other teams' QB is on defense, isn't that a great reason to go for 2 - to nail the QB on the play? You can do whatever you want to him on the play - including taking a 15 yard penalty if you wanted.

CW

Guest BackInDaDay
Against all odds, the Buffalo Bills fough against long odds and tremendous hardship to reclaim 2nd place in the AFC East!

496291[/snapback]

Great. You've ruined the www.BuffaloBills.com headline! :ph34r: