That third rounder for Travis

JoeF

Is looking like a top 5 right now. Cleveland is beating Tennessee today and the rest of Tennessee's schedule shapes up like this...

Nov 20 Jacksonville 1:00pm 706 117

Nov 27 San Francisco 1:00pm 707 126

Dec 4 @Indianapolis 1:00pm 706 107

Dec 11 Houston 1:00pm 708 131

Dec 18 Seattle 1:00pm 707 147

Dec 24 @Miami 1:00pm 708 110

Jan 1 @Jacksonville 4:05pm 715 181

I see two wins in there, maybe three so 4-10; 5-11.....

I know, I know--TD will just blow the picks--but at least we will have them...maybe we can trade it for an OG or DT...

Good, we will have two third round picks in the top 5.

496262[/snapback]

I was trying to avoid talking about our prospects......making it a glass half full day on the bye Sunday if you know what I mean...

Sorry.  For many reasons, I hope that we don't draft in the top 5 this year, including the crazy compensation/bonuses paid to unproven players (e.g., Mike Williams).

496353[/snapback]

It wouldn't be the TOP top 5. He means it would be very early in the 3rd round, as the thread topic suggests.

Sorry.  For many reasons, I hope that we don't draft in the top 5 this year, including the crazy compensation/bonuses paid to unproven players (e.g., Mike Williams).

496353[/snapback]

It wouldn't be the TOP top 5.  He means it would be very early in the 3rd round, as the thread topic suggests.

496354[/snapback]

Since we're speculating on what each of us were insinuating in their posts I am going to say that I think jahnyc was talking about our team earning a top 5 pick on their own as a pitiful record is not out of the realm of possibility.

Is looking like a top 5 right now.  Cleveland is beating Tennessee today and the rest of Tennessee's schedule shapes up like this...

Nov 20 Jacksonville 1:00pm 706 117 

Nov 27 San Francisco 1:00pm 707 126 

Dec 4 @Indianapolis 1:00pm 706  107

Dec 11 Houston 1:00pm 708 131 

Dec 18 Seattle 1:00pm 707 147 

Dec 24 @Miami 1:00pm 708  110

Jan 1 @Jacksonville 4:05pm 715  181

I see two wins in there, maybe three so 4-10; 5-11.....

I know, I know--TD will just blow the picks--but at least we will have them...maybe we can trade it for an OG or DT...

496258[/snapback]

With those picks I think we'll be able to address the real needs of this team -- OL, DT, and a replacement for Clements at CB.

But if there is a chance we can jump up and get an impact player on the DL or at (gulp) QB then I'd be willing to wheel and deal. Still can't decide between Leinart or Young at this point though I'm leaning toward Young. I'd like to see what Lienart would do with out all that talent around him.

As long as we don't draft a WR, QB, and RB I'll be very happy.

Let's stock up both sides of the line. BIG TIME, please.

496485[/snapback]

There are three pillars to a successful team: OL, DL, QB. Make sure that all three are solid, and then build around them. If TD has a chance at a franchise QB, and if Losman isn't showing much in practice or in games by the end of the year, it would be very hard to not pull the trigger. But regardless of which direction TD goes at QB, he needs to do something to beef up both sides of the line.